Colin's refurbished Partition Tank

colinsoon

• SRC Member

bro, ur black cuke still ard?

giving u any other problems beside burying ur zoos in sand?

does it climb on tank wall towards wavemaker?

Project R.E.

Main Tank: 48" x 18" x 24" 12mm with external overflow piping

Sump Tank: 28" x 14.5" x 12" (3 compartments)

Lightings: T5 HO - Hopar 3* 39w + ATI 2* 54w

Skimmer: Skimz Bullet Beckett

Chiller: Resun CL-650 (28 - 29 °C)

Wavemakers: 2* Seio M620 + 1* Hydor K2 (7100 litre / hr)

Fluidized Reactor: Skimz FR (currently empty)

Pumps: 1x Rio 32HF (Skimmer), 1x Rio 20HF (Return & Chiller)

Filtration: more than 80kg LRs, chaeto

Water Circulation: ~ 4000 litre / hr

Future Plans: additional wavemaker, DIY algae scrubber, DIY overflow box

Previously:

Project R : 36" x 12" x 24" 10mm reef

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dun scare him lah... that's worst case scenario already :nuke:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Moderators

Colin,

You still interested in any anthias? I need to let go another male anthias, similiar to the one I pass you previously only smaller in size. About 70% compare to the old one. If not, I will post and give it away.

This guy oleadi eating mysis/flak/pellet food. With me for 3 over months. Very stable. Please give me a call. Sorrie, misplaced ur mobile number. Can pass you a frag of the rasberry zoos as well. But colour not intense yet.

Tom

• SRC Member
bro, ur black cuke still ard?

giving u any other problems beside burying ur zoos in sand?

yeah. been with me for like super long already. and both of them take turns to climb around my seio. no mishaps yet. think they are smart enuff to not go to places they r not supposed to go.. i got clever sea cukes! yay!

• SRC Member
Hey colin.....nice tank....glad to see the progress you've had. A HUGE improvement over your first ones.... :)

heya BRO!!!!!

so nice of you to grace my thread! thank you for ya compliment! still lotsa place for improvements.. i starting to not like my scape alr.. :(

• SRC Member
Colin,

You still interested in any anthias? I need to let go another male anthias, similiar to the one I pass you previously only smaller in size. About 70% compare to the old one. If not, I will post and give it away.

This guy oleadi eating mysis/flak/pellet food. With me for 3 over months. Very stable. Please give me a call. Sorrie, misplaced ur mobile number. Can pass you a frag of the rasberry zoos as well. But colour not intense yet.

urmz, i got no confidence in keeping anthias.. cos i am not at home to feed them regularly, and i honestly believe that my mum will forget to feed fishes.. and knowing her, she will compensate by feeding a lot more per feeding. think its not very healthy for the anthias. think i gotta make a pass on this. sorry bro! but i dun mind the zoos! haha..

oh lets go LFS sometime!

• SRC Member
your clown keep disturbing the gonio. it's not opening.

i know. its damn irritating. caught my occy clown initially, tot its the only one that will be hosting that gonio. but when my occy went into my sump, my percs took over the gonio. twice the damage. grrrrrrrr.

put the occy back into the main tank, that fella starts to burrow its mouth into the gonio, like trying to bite the tentacles like that. causing them all to close up till pretty badly. any idea what is my occy thinking? seriously. cos of this i am starting to not like clowns anymore.. :(

urmz, i got no confidence in keeping anthias.. cos i am not at home to feed them regularly, and i honestly believe that my mum will forget to feed fishes.. and knowing her, she will compensate by feeding a lot more per feeding. think its not very healthy for the anthias. think i gotta make a pass on this. sorry bro! but i dun mind the zoos! haha..

oh lets go LFS sometime!

Colin, if you really really wanna try Anthias... maybe some feeding BE... that's the max you should go :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

thanks bro dominik... but me feeding flakes. do you think that the auto food dispenser will be able to dispense flake food?

and and what is the brand of dispenser you use? i heard that a lot of them quite not trustworthy...

thanks bro dominik... but me feeding flakes. do you think that the auto food dispenser will be able to dispense flake food?

and and what is the brand of dispenser you use? i heard that a lot of them quite not trustworthy...

Flake food is not recommended to be used on auto feeders as they may get stucked... almost impossible to get consistent flow... I am using the classic Eheim feeder... reliable in my opinion :)

• SRC Member

this is the brand. i think it is working fine for me. cheap cheap. got it at $14

post-34-1160192348.jpg

Current tank

Past tank

• Moderators
thomas! Hows my 2 wrasses doing? Haha.... :lol:

Both still going strong. In fact, the bigger one killed several other leopard wrasses which I tried to add on. I have given up trying.. Too cruel liao.

But no issue with other wrasses as long as it is not spotted. Sigh...

Tom

• Moderators

oh lets go LFS sometime!

No worries then. Will pass on to another reefer who has express interest.

Give me a buzz on the zoos.

I will be away the following weekend so we see how you can manage the timing.

Cheers!

Tom

• SRC Member

busy week ahead. so i shall slowly upload fotos. dun wan spend too much time on the comp.

went to petmart this afternoon to get salt and additives. cos my eagle eye frag discolouring.. no idea if its due to the lack of iodide supplements.. hmmm. got strontium to see if it will speed up growth..

post-34-1160327210.jpg

busy week ahead. so i shall slowly upload fotos. dun wan spend too much time on the comp.

went to petmart this afternoon to get salt and additives. cos my eagle eye frag discolouring.. no idea if its due to the lack of iodide supplements.. hmmm. got strontium to see if it will speed up growth..

Invest in a calcium reactor then dun have to spend money on dosing? :)

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.