white spot on tang

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

its ich i think, my YT also same problem. Morning on lights see spots, within 2 hrs all clear. I using Garlic guard mixed with food. Then add in some Aquapharm 'Cure Ich' solution. Blue tang is the most ich pron tang from what i read. Takes a while then immune lah after long term garlic diet.

• SRC Member

I would recommend u to take it out to a quarantine tank and do a hyposalinity.. Always works for me :)

Best Regards,

Morpheous

==========================================================================================

My Ocean Pets:

Emperor Angel, PowderBlue Tang, Regal Angel, Teardrop Butterfly, Singapore Angel and Nemos

==========================================================================================

(Only when you guard your lips, you guard your soul....)

• SRC Member

On the 3rd day after introduing the blue tang, I notice there's white spot on the body! I hv a UV running 24x7, does it mean that the UV is effective?

My blue tang is still swimming and eating actively. Shd I juz leave it or need to remove it from the main tank???

Anyone, pls HELP!!!!...... :cry:

tang when under stressed, will develop some white patches but its a inside out thing, so look clearly, whether its a real whitespot or not. Quarantine the fish is always good so it won't affect the entire livestocks in the tank. Anyway, whitepot on bluetang is very common and usually they will survive through. I got 2 blue Regal Tang and both got whitespots after a few weeks back from fish farm. That time m quarantine tank is already occupied by fishes which are having other illness so i left the 2 tangs in the main tank and pour some medication everytime I do a water change (weekly). Eventually the ich problem is cured . :)