Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

Another shot of the lovely ATI effect :lol::lol::lol:

Pardon my algae growth :P

post-34-1157381271.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

hey jervis, what sony camera are u using?

got image stabiliser?

working well even when u taking macro?

Project R.E.

Main Tank: 48" x 18" x 24" 12mm with external overflow piping

Sump Tank: 28" x 14.5" x 12" (3 compartments)

Lightings: T5 HO - Hopar 3* 39w + ATI 2* 54w

Skimmer: Skimz Bullet Beckett

Chiller: Resun CL-650 (28 - 29 °C)

Wavemakers: 2* Seio M620 + 1* Hydor K2 (7100 litre / hr)

Fluidized Reactor: Skimz FR (currently empty)

Pumps: 1x Rio 32HF (Skimmer), 1x Rio 20HF (Return & Chiller)

Filtration: more than 80kg LRs, chaeto

Water Circulation: ~ 4000 litre / hr

Future Plans: additional wavemaker, DIY algae scrubber, DIY overflow box

Previously:

Project R : 36" x 12" x 24" 10mm reef

hey jervis, what sony camera are u using?

got image stabiliser?

working well even when u taking macro?

I'm using last year's model DSC-N1, the one with the largest touch-screen LCD, 8.1 mega pixels. No image stabilizer... but I have steady hands (I think) :lol:

Works well with macro... just make sure the tank is bright enough... low light will pose problem for sure.

I will be investing in another camera soon... the Olympus digicam... fully waterproof. I wanna macro my corals bypassing the glass... :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

How about a fake SPS shot in SPS photography style? :lol:

post-34-1157382970.jpg

My Ric Garden... don't you just love the algae carpetting the LR? ;) I'm gonna teach them a lesson once my new tank is ready :evil:

post-34-1157383072.jpg

• SRC Member

i'm using panasonic lumix.

macro without flash, image stabiliser not really kicking in.

only when use flash with macro, can get a clearer pic, but glass reflection pretty much spoils everything.

for u, u dun use image stabiliser, no flash, macro, can get so clear close-up shots?

or still quite blur but just use editing?

(context applying to moving corals and fishes)

Project R.E.

Previously:

i'm using panasonic lumix.

macro without flash, image stabiliser not really kicking in.

only when use flash with macro, can get a clearer pic, but glass reflection pretty much spoils everything.

for u, u dun use image stabiliser, no flash, macro, can get so clear close-up shots?

or still quite blur but just use editing?

(context applying to moving corals and fishes)

Hi Andy

See attached pix... the Xenia was constantly pumping and moving when I shot it using macro, without flash. iPhoto does help a bit (say 10%) in terms of increasing the sharpness... but if the pix is blur to start with... there's nothing much the software can do.

Sony digicams are known for their light sensitivity... that makes a huge difference in shooting clear macro without flash.

I think my ATI 6 tubes help a lot too. Previously I was having a lot of difficulties shooting moving corals under my 2 x 150W MH... the silver lines effect makes focus difficult and its harder for the camera to capture the correct exposure as the lighting on the moving subject is contantly changing...

Are you using MH? I find T5 best when it comes to photography as the illumination is very evenly distributed and consistent.

post-34-1157384283.jpg

• SRC Member

oh thanks.

i'm only using t5 2 tubes

cant be compared to ur 6 tubes :paiseh:

Project R.E.

Previously:

oh thanks.

i'm only using t5 2 tubes

cant be compared to ur 6 tubes :paiseh:

Another trick is to take at least 5 shots of the same subject... I sometimes take 10 shots... then choose the best out of the 10... that's an effective way to get crisp beautiful pix :)

Too nice to look at ....

Blinded by the brillant colours. B)

Hey bro... long time no see :)

I'm quite happy with the colour too... here's a latest pix of my Gonios... comforting to see all my new Gonios are opening well... currently I have 7 pieces in total.

You guys notice the picture is clearer than before? I just changes a bag of Aquapharm PUR-II yesterday... the water is crystal clear this morning :lol:

Will change PO4 media tomorrow... been 3 months already :heh:

post-34-1157470802.jpg

tanks like yours are the reason why i started marine.... tanks like yours are also the reason why i quit... whahahha....

Come on bro... you will NOT quit the hobby... you can never be... you can take a break... then return bigger and better :lol:

i think i will not start a tank again.... i'll just be those ppl that hang around and enjoy tanks like yours....

then when you have open house, then maybe i go check it out... and enjoy... haha...

So you are not gonna start another tank? ;) Well... yeah do drop by my new tank... and bring your own plastic bag... not for fragging... but to contain your drooling :lol::lol::lol:

nice garden u have there ..... mind if i pick a few flowers ??? :lol:

Don't mind... after I sell you the mother colony... you can bring back to your tank and "pick" all you want :lol:

Cleaning time for my T.Gigas... this big mama needs 2 snails to clean 1 side of its shells :lol::lol::lol:

post-34-1157520426.jpg

Just now... on my way home via CTE... OH NO!!! Made the wrong turn... turn in Upper Serangoon Road... OH NO!!!

End up I found this piece of Pink Gonio... by the road side... poor baby... let me bring you back to play with your new brothers and sisters :lol::lol::lol:

post-34-1157547506.jpg

Still a bit shy lah... but can see that her will of survival is quite strong... of course the protective Black Cap will always chase away the reporters :lol:

post-34-1157547622.jpg

Oh no, so lucky ah!

:D:D:D

Ya lor... I also picked up something from the highway on my way home leh... will post later :P

Found this pity little Red Prata... very pity leh... almost got run-over by lorry... so I brought it home :) Of course... my Yellow Tang (aka Police Tang) sniff it for any explosive materials... you know... they don't mix well with fluid nowadays :nuke:

post-34-1157549942.jpg

Wah... think must also try driving along upper serangoon road to see if I am also that lucky.

You should... that road very rewarding leh :lol:

post-34-1157642444.jpg