Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

can pm me price of the aquatronica ?

Hehe... I dunno how much AM is selling now... maybe you "handsome" got a bit more discount leh... :lol: Go to AquaMarin thread under Sponsor section and check out their promo price. Dunno the launch promo price is applicable or not :erm: Best is go down to their shop... you may want to add something and deduct something from their package... IMO their Basic Package is very very affordable... :P

Make sure you get the PC Kit... more fun using together with the PC :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some pix... here's my Orange Plate (short tentacles)... the tentacles are getting fatter and fatter :unsure:

Can you see the second mouth? Emm... is this how they split? Or do they split in the first place :nc:

post-34-1152096667.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Xenia... polyps not fully extended yet... but this pix shows so many new polyps forming on the sides... and they really do spread like wildfire... I even found 1 polyp attached to the shell of my Crocea ;)

post-34-1152096788.jpg

Showing another new extension... it's amazing to see it thrive :lol:

post-34-1152096886.jpg

• SRC Member

Hehe... thanks!

Well... my tank is way too "young" to be able to give you a clear indication... due to my Anemone incident, I've changed water much more frequent lately... what I'm planning to do now is to change 10% water every 2 weeks. I'm using Marine Environment and Aqua Medic Reefsalt.

How often do you change now? I think once a month is not very advisable for small tanks like us... unless we have top-notch equipments :erm:

Since i started corals in my tank... i started to change water on a weekly basis... recently slack till one week plus then change :D then now i change once every two weeks... :D but k not sustain 2 weeks then change once... as i try that, my anthia fall sick (backside infection)... dnt know coincidence or what :(

btw i am using tropic marine salt... thought of changing to tropic marin pro reef salt...but find that too expensive to change to tropic marin pro reef salt... <_<

bro, hope that one day, i k also upgrade to a high tech sys like yours... then no need to do so many tedious jobs on the tank..

• SRC Member

Hehe... thanks!

Well... my tank is way too "young" to be able to give you a clear indication... due to my Anemone incident, I've changed water much more frequent lately... what I'm planning to do now is to change 10% water every 2 weeks. I'm using Marine Environment and Aqua Medic Reefsalt.

How often do you change now? I think once a month is not very advisable for small tanks like us... unless we have top-notch equipments :erm:

Since i started corals in my tank... i started to change water on a weekly basis... recently slack till one week plus then change :D then now i change once every two weeks... :D but k not sustain 2 weeks then change once... as i try that, my anthia fall sick (backside infection)... dnt know coincidence or what :(

btw i am using tropic marine salt... thought of changing to tropic marin pro reef salt...but find that too expensive to change to tropic marin pro reef salt... <_<

bro, hope that one day, i k also upgrade to a high tech sys like yours... then no need to do so many tedious jobs on the tank..

Err... unfortunately I still need to do the tedious job of changing water... perhaps not high-tech enough ;)

Fatter and fatter... a nice Frogspawn colony acquired from bro Qxnviolet's decom tank... :cry: he never visit us anymore :cry:

post-34-1152110207.jpg

Did some minor rescaping last night... moved the Tonga Zoos (Radioactive blah blah) to the lower portion of the tank... heard Zoos will fade under too much UV... so having it too near my tubes may not be an ideal placement <_<

My Crocea is looking quite healthy actually... oh my Alveopora placement a bit "salah" ;) Will find a more suitable place for it :P

post-34-1152110512.jpg

My Green Gonio... previously placed below my Hammer... now pretty high up and immediately can see better polyp extensions... emm... this hobby is all about placement, placement, placement :lol:

post-34-1152110859.jpg

wah at the rate ur corals are growing u'll need upgrading soon.

Very unfortunately :( Emm... I have not purchase any corals/fishes for more than 2 weeks now :(

Night view :lol:

post-34-1152111742.jpg

My Radioactive blah blah... luckily the green is very intense... or else looks just like common Batam Zoos... but the growth on Tonga branches is quite pretty :lol:

post-34-1152111884.jpg

bro do u turn on the flash when taking pics? My stupid cam if never turn on flash i cant get any colors from the corals. Everythings blue ... sigh :paiseh:

No flash... but do a bit of colour enhancement before posting... or else mostly blue also ;)

I (quietly) introduced a new toy yesterday... more like replacing actually.

Old:

AquaMedic PhosphatFilter

50% Carbolit/50% Antiphos

Using Aquabee 500

New

TLF Phosban Reactor 150

Pura Complete

Using Aquabee 500

For those of you interested to buy my 3-months old AquaMedic PhosphatFilter (no media), kindly PM me your offer :lol: (a bit lazy to post in the Pasar Malam section).

Also on sale:

1)Tunze Singlecontroller 7091 (3-months old)

2) AquaMedic Light Computer (1-month old)

I'm also looking at upgrading my Chiller... here's the calculation provided by Arctica.

List of heat generating powerheads/pumps:

Return: Aquabee UP 1000 - 10W

Chiller: Aquabee UP 3000 - 45W

Skimmer: AquaMedic PH 2500 - 37W

Wavemaker: Stream 6060 - 11W / Stream 6000 - 15W

Others: Aquabee UP 500 - 5W / AquaMedic Dosing Pump SP3000 (external) - 4.5W

Based on the calculation, my tank scores 0.11, just 0.01 exceeding the use of 1/10hp. The larger model 1/4hp is for 0.20. I think since my score is 0.11, I can just purchase the 1/5hp model. What you guys think?

post-34-1152154954.jpg

U based those calculations on tank size or amount of water after deduction of LR in ur tank? Cos the actual water volume in ur tank will differ with the amount of live rocks u got inside as well as sand.

Emm... quite true... 75 US Gal is according to Aqua Medic. I guess that's a good enough an indication. It will get really complicated if I have to deduct my sand and LR (plus corals) from the water volume <_<