Feeding the Inhabitants

cage

Is it okay to feed my false clowns and hammer coral freeze dried brine shrimp on weekdays ? Do they even bothered with the dried shrimps in the first place ?

• SRC Member
u can try training them...

starve them for a few days..

if they are damn stubborn...

then u have to feed them live food

this is one of the worst things i have ever read. Starve ur fish for a few days..... Pls Read up more before you decide to provide harmful advice and/or state the obvious.

pls do a search . there are a few threads dealing with the weaning process of lions off live food.

• SRC Member

its true.. frm personal exp.

the fish wont die coz u starve it.

there are something in the system tt it will eat.(pods and algae)

i never overfeed my fish.

in fact i feed my false percula every 2 days with a cube of blood worms

and occasionally a treat of enriched live mysis and they are getting bigger and fatter.

• SRC Member

then whats the point.. if it eats pods .. it wont be starving. and it develops a taste for pods. False perc should eat everything. they are pretty greedy. but why freeze dried. isnt frozen more convenient ? . they should eat pellets too if u want dried food.

He didnt specify they were onto live food only.

wasnt this thread about a lionfish.

Is it okay to feed my false clowns and hammer coral freeze dried brine shrimp on weekdays ? Do they even bothered with the dried shrimps in the first place ?

Clownfishes will eat anything.

You don't feed corals freeze dried food. Only fresh/frozen meaty food like prawns, shrimp, fish meat etc, all in appropriate sizes of course.

Don't jump the gun, spiderone... there was no mention of lionfish. :D

No harm about the comment about 'starving of fish for a few days' to get them eating something else... healthy fish are hardy and won't die if they are not fed for more than a day and some aquarists don't feed fishes for a few days with no worries.

However, take note that you have to know what species you are having... some fishes need to be fed a few times a day (like anthias), tangs need to graze all day so sufficient algae must be provided, slow moving predators like lionfish can be fed once every two/three days. It really depends what you have.

Those fussy clowns don't gave a hoot to the flakes. They approach it, smell it and ignored it. Gave them frozen brine last night. They were practically smiling.

My hammer corals doesn't seem to be feeding. So i shift it to a spot in the tank that received the most sunlight and then turn on the tank lights upon reaching home.

And lions ?? :)