Caribsea AragaMILK

Altantis

• SRC Member
Honesty, I'm not good in providing product reviews...

What can I said... I tested my water parameters are still balance except for Ca...

but is dropping from 575 to 520

Recent water parameters:

pH: 8.3

Ca: 520

Mg: 1350

I confident that this product will keep all my worries on unbalance water parameter away... especially we don't test for Trace Elements :lol:

Thanks Jervis for your reply.

But ain't these readings still high?

Is he bringing the Ca from 575 to 520 ppm with this product? Not too sure, I'm lost.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

This product do not bring down your Ca or Mg if your in high range.

It will only hit the ideal range with balancing Ca & Mg (your kH should be around 9), if your is below.

I have not experience overshoot the range even dosing more...my Ca should be below 490 now (from 590). Mg should also still around 1300 - 1400.

Will test today :lol:

Thanks Jervis for your reply.

But ain't these readings still high?

Is he bringing the Ca from 575 to 520 ppm with this product? Not too sure, I'm lost.

Well... Altantis' pH and Mg is desirable... Ca is high but adding AragaMILK will not lower it (as mentioned by him earlier). I think the best is for you to try to fix the KH, Calcium and Magnesium to ideal level before proceeding with this product. That way you can learn a lot more about these 3 parameters and their close relationship... AragaMILK is good and handy... but there are a tendency of over-relying on "mix"... end up neglecting the knowledge.

I learned quite a bit while fixing my parameters using Grotech KH, Tropic Marin Bio Magnesium and Calcium... specific dosing mediums are more effective in bringing a specific parameter to check... that's my 2 cents btw :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

You can get it from RD... err... 2 blue notes can roughly buy 4 bottles :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Well... Altantis' pH and Mg is desirable... Ca is high but adding AragaMILK will not lower it (as mentioned by him earlier). I think the best is for you to try to fix the KH, Calcium and Magnesium to ideal level before proceeding with this product. That way you can learn a lot more about these 3 parameters and their close relationship... AragaMILK is good and handy... but there are a tendency of over-relying on "mix"... end up neglecting the knowledge.

I learned quite a bit while fixing my parameters using Grotech KH, Tropic Marin Bio Magnesium and Calcium... specific dosing mediums are more effective in bringing a specific parameter to check... that's my 2 cents btw :)

Hi Jervis, I mean Atlantis' Ca is high which is at 575. But after dosing he is bringing it down, thus I'm wondering why is this so becoz dosing it means an increase in such 'ingredients' in proportionate levels. As someone mentioned, maybe the coraline algae is one of the main consumers of the Ca hehe besides other corals too.

Altantis' Ca level has been high for months now... slowly/steadily declining... I'm not too sure if the dosing of AragaMILK actually helps bring down the Ca, but the growth in coralline algae surely consumes more Ca than before... also the addition of new LPS/corals within the past 2 to 3 months...

I may be wrong... but to me, this is a clear sign that AragaMILK alone is insufficient in meeting the needs of Altantis' tank... coz the Ca level is declining steadily (although intended). Meaning, if Altantis is to start his tank with 450, with his current dosing level... probably the Ca level will steadily drop to 380 within weeks... quite possible. When that happens, there are only 2 solutions to it... increase the dosage of AragaMILK or rely on Calcium supplement.

• SRC Member

My water parameter now:

kH : 9.9

Ca : 420

Mg : 1260

I will monitor 2 more week to see whether the ratio for Ca and Mg is still around 1:3 and Ca not to fall below 400 :paiseh: with AragaMILK

p/s: I didn't said that it will bring down your Ca... but if you put in more coral, then your Ca will be lower faster :lol:

I meant that I need not worried that I overdose. I think Ca should still be within 450 even I dose 1.5 times the required amt.

My water parameter now:

kH : 9.9

Ca : 420

Mg : 1260

I will monitor 2 more week to see whether the ratio for Ca and Mg is still around 1:3 and Ca not to fall below 400 :paiseh: with AragaMILK

p/s: I didn't said that it will bring down your Ca... but if you put in more coral, then your Ca will be lower faster :lol:

I meant that I need not worried that I overdose. I think Ca should still be within 450 even I dose 1.5 times the required amt.

Haha bro... it's time you look at your Magnesium level... I have got very positive result using Tropic Marine Bio-Magnesium... although a bit costly... but find it very easy to use :)

just got a Powder C.A milk to try out

Oh I heard the powder form is even better... try out leh... let us know the outcome :)

The powder should last much much longer than the bottled version... that I was told by RD... maybe I should drop by RD next week :)

hmmm.... power too concentrated for me cos I don't have water top up device <_<

Haha bro... you can try the DIY dripping method... that way you can slowly drip into your tank...

Emm... my pH pretty constant for the past 2 to 3 weeks... maybe becoz I underdose... whenever I dose, my tank water only get very minimal cloudiness... not as shown by bro Altantis pix.