Sunburst Anthias

Managed to find it yesterday...have been reading up on this guy for quite a while..... :yeah: got it from CF...

belongs to deeper water....likes caves and dark corners.....

will take brineshrimps...planktons...

difficult to keep..... :o

I am still trying to entice it to eat ...probably will try assorted food in the next couple of days.... :)

:lol: Need suggestions for diet... :lol:

here's a pic of my latest member :yeah:

post-8-1066022086.jpg

met danano there...he was also thrilled to get one....now...have to monitor the little guys for the next few days.....

I know....I went there telling myself I am not buying anymore fish....but I have been kicking myself since the last time I decided to pass this beautiful specimen....

• SRC Member

Wah!!! So beautiful...

Aiyoh...Deepblue...think your tank can fight w AT's on overstocking liao... :P

Saw one in Reefworld and was attracted by its beauty but managed to resist...heheh...

Anyway, I think Chris also has one... :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

Yes, I have one...my no 1 fav fish. Bought it from SL about 6 months back. I resist buying one for a long long time cos they are all not feeding. Finally found mine and it ate a BS in front of me. So...die die must buy. Got a good price..about $35???

Mine eats my prepared food but will take frozen MS. However, only take small pieces. Mine was bullied my other anthias at first and its tail was totally rip off for the first weeks. Luckily, it still continued to eat. Then, it got stronger and bolder and now, goes everywhere in the tank...fearless.

I heard Henry told me Sunburst prices has sky rocket and ask if I want to sell mine. No way, if I sell my no 1 fish, might as well close tank. :lol:

Sorry, I get very excited when I talk about my sunburst. :P

Still the same pic cos very difficult to get him to pose.

post-8-1066038388.jpg

I think (marine) therefore I am

wah..lucky you....wat a strong guy you have there...I hope mine will start eating soon ....

now a little stress by the flame angel....tail slightly torn ....but is staying away from the main crowd.

I will continue to monitor and entice with cyclop-eze, red plankton and brine shrimp.. Chris ...I dun own a blender...I'm sure my mom won't lend it to me if she knows wat I am going to do with it.....keke....

ARGH!!! SUNBURST!!! Been looking for it for so long... thats a very nice specimen DeepBlue... how large is it?

I dont think you need to worry about the diet of this guy... cos my pair took flake last year, died when tank crash... :(

My Sunburst is ard 1 inch or slightly more ...I have yet to see anything bigger :lol:

Sorry to interupt on this tread.... I am new and would like to know where sells these food u guys meantioned...

the " cyclop-eze, red plankton "

:thanks:

You can get the red planktons (orange colour cubes) from Re****.

I think they sell the cyclop-eze as well.

I got mine from ML. I think OP has as well.

• SRC Member

CF prices are quite funny. That day, I was quoted 100 for big naso and 18 for a square anthias! Now, the sunburst only 20!

Wow, must go often and hunt for bargains! B)

Still got sunburst there or not? Went on Monday, didn't see sunburst, only lots of square.

I think (marine) therefore I am

CF prices are quite funny. That day, I was quoted 100 for big naso and 18 for a square anthias! Now, the sunburst only 20!

Wow, must go often and hunt for bargains! B)

Still got sunburst there or not? Went on Monday, didn't see sunburst, only lots of square.

I went on Sunday...met Morgan, At and danano there...probably no more by now.. :o

• SRC Member

Hey DeepBlue, nice to have met you at CF on Sunday!

I've read as well that it's very difficult to get it to feed but if/once you do, it's actually fairly hardy. Also read that it should not be kept in tanks with boisterous fish such as angels and even damsels.

Sadly :( , after not taking any food, not even cyclop-eze and brine-soaked in garlic... my sunburst pass-on today while I was at work... found it lying in a cave. 2 days ago, it did give cyclop-eze a try but only once. It was doing fine yesterday and even this morning.

In rememberence of my Sunburst Anthias... here's a pic I would like to share with everyone.

post-8-1066320251.jpg