Need help on MH for SPS

as long as the bulb does not fall below 6500k in colour temperature.. it should do fine.

You can browse the lighting topics discussed before on the various important factors like lumens, spectrum analysis and PAR comparison of bulbs of different colour temperatures as these are important for SPS growth and colouration.

• SRC Member

There's more to SPS then ridiculously intense lighting.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

Chris,

That's a good point I missed out!

Light intensity is important... 150w is able to penetrate less deeper compared to a 250w and likewise vs a 400w. With a 400w, you can keep SPS on/near the sandbed in a 2.5ft deep tank with no probs as the light intensity is still strong.

There's more to SPS then ridiculously intense lighting.

I hope that's not a dig at me! :lol:

Tanzy's right about that too.... you have a lot more stuff to go hand in hand with lighting, especially for SPS corals.

IMO, water quality is #1, that includes low dissolved nutrients, stable water parameters like cal, alk, ph, salinity and temp and good water circulation.

• SRC Member
I hope that's not a dig at me! :lol:

When you are done installing your 6000W Carbon Arc lamp, then we can talk.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member
With regards to sps i would say 70% to do with ur water conditions and 29% lights and 1% luck :)

Luck? :huh: What luck?? :P:lol:

Seriously, they are all equally important. Lighting, water conditions/parameters and good flow/circulation. However, as Ming rightly pointed out, without optimal water conditions, your sps wouldn't last very long.

• SRC Member
why not use the spotlight which Batman use, haahaa

Colour temperature too low. Not suitable for SPS.

post-36-1093875548.jpg