any cyclist ard here

ambystoma82

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

A friend of my have Specailize full susp but he lock his susp when he does the 30 up slope.

Paul:

I wouldn't be surprised if you tell me yours is 10kg. Just look at your fork, rear socks n the body. Fox leh!!! Santa Cruz frame. Crabon seat post, I reckon the handle bar is also Carbon.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member
go look ard 1st , theres many brands to choose from

n dont get mavic wheelset ! the engement 'clutch' always got problems

I beg to differ on that point as a lot of my pals and myself have been using the crossmax for quite some time and it has really served us well.Fast and really tough and does not need tuning.Still in tune after so long.

I also have another pair of mavics on my other HT bike set up with XTR Hubs and So far so good on road and trails.

Anyways to each his own.

Ride On :peace:

Paul me too. when wanna go trail. I'm at BT every weekend if i'm not working.

joshua, i didnt realise you ride a Santa Cruz as well. Which model is it btw? Is it full XTR parts? i am using the Crossride wheelset (about $480), cuz the crossmax is damn expensive ($1200). . there's actually a couple more santa cruz riders along east coast and i know them.

Every weekend they will meet at cyclecraft and go BT. Maybe we can go together some time.

Santa Cruz is probably one of the best mountain bikes around. :)

p.s. realise tt u are using the rock shox psylo. . isnt the travel too long for the frame plus its quite heavy? Get the Fox RLT100 or Terralogic, no regrets for sure!

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

A friend of my have Specailize full susp but he lock his susp when he does the 30 up slope.

Paul:

I wouldn't be surprised if you tell me yours is 10kg. Just look at your fork, rear socks n the body. Fox leh!!! Santa Cruz frame. Crabon seat post, I reckon the handle bar is also Carbon.

haha. . you are actually quite right. i am also using a truvativ carbon handlebar. Recently changed my crankset to truvativ stylo, which save me almost 1kg on the weight. If i use the mavic crossmax instead of the mavic crossride, i can push the bike below 10kg!!!

since there's quite a few enthusiasts, we sld organise a cycling session some time.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

• SRC Member

joshua, i didnt realise you ride a Santa Cruz as well. Which model is it btw? Is it full XTR parts? i am using the Crossride wheelset (about $480), cuz the crossmax is damn expensive ($1200). . there's actually a couple more santa cruz riders along east coast and i know them.

Every weekend they will meet at cyclecraft and go BT. Maybe we can go together some time.

Santa Cruz is probably one of the best mountain bikes around. :)

p.s. realise tt u are using the rock shox psylo. . isnt the travel too long for the frame plus its quite heavy? Get the Fox RLT100 or Terralogic, no regrets for sure!

Mine is a Santa Cruz Heckler.Full XTR parts. Only the disc brakes are the 4 pod XT's.

The Psylo that i'm using is a Psylo Race limited edition gold. Weight abt 1.5 kgs only. And the travel for the Heckler is reccomended to be 125-130mm travel for the front fork as it's a free ride bike with a 6 inch rear travel.

Was really perfect when I went to try out the Kent Ridge Trail as they had a few high drop-offs.

Mine is a Santa Cruz Heckler.Full XTR parts. Only the disc brakes are the 4 pod XT's.

The Psylo that i'm using is a Psylo Race limited edition gold. Weight abt 1.5 kgs only. And the travel for the Heckler is reccomended to be 125-130mm travel for the front fork as it's a free ride bike with a 6 inch rear travel.

Was really perfect when I went to try out the Kent Ridge Trail as they had a few high drop-offs.

joshua. . u are into aggressive riding man. i was suppose to go Kent Ridge last weekend to see the race but couldnt wake up.

How much did ur full XTR heckler cost ya. . sld be around $7000 range?

Sorry i didnt realise its a limited ed psylo, 1.5kg is very light, almost close to rock shox SID which is 1.4kg.

Let's arrange for cycling this weekend, i meet u at East Coast or something.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member

joshua. . u are into aggressive riding man. i was suppose to go Kent Ridge last weekend to see the race but couldnt wake up.

How much did ur full XTR heckler cost ya. . sld be around $7000 range?

Sorry i didnt realise its a limited ed psylo, 1.5kg is very light, almost close to rock shox SID which is 1.4kg.

Let's arrange for cycling this weekend, i meet u at East Coast or something.

Sure thing. Just gimme a call. maybe can arrange BT this sat if you free. My friends and I normally go in the morn.

Full susp more heavier than hardtail mah. Futhermore, we do it every weekend for abt 6 months so not so bad lah. The xiong part is only the 30degree up slope that we tried to cycle up instead of pushing.

Me too got bad injuries from BT hill.

What about the part where there is a whole long pile up of stairs? Your guys Hop up? or by the side? :lol:

santa cruz superlight frame only,s-size $1400 do u guys tink its worth it to buy?

:angry:

bro bro bro. . . take a chill pill and relax. . s frame is TOO SMALL for you. u need a M frame instead.

and yes. . $1400 is a rediculous price for a 02 model santa cruz superlight. There are such things as vintage cars, but not vintage bicycles.

Why dun u go santa cruz website and see what you really like?

Personally, the superlight and blur models are the more common on the road.

Alternatively, go down dempsey rd to check out two wheel action as they are the agent for santa cruz.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Yeah, Was shoked to see so many BT choingers there .haha. And all of you guys are playing it hard. Santa Cruz. Full XTR...Awesome..

i don't dare go BT nowadays after the serious accident. However, i have friends who goes every weekend, so those interested i can make arrangements for you guys.

Whenever go BT sure get to see a lot of awesome bikes. I remember feeling damn ashamed when the girl in front of me just ride up the slope or stairs and i have to get off my bike to push it up. :paiseh:

i remember the flight of stairs, i bunny hop over. But when Bt is wet, expecially after a rain, have to be slightly careful. :P

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

i don't dare go BT nowadays after the serious accident. However, i have friends who goes every weekend, so those interested i can make arrangements for you guys.

Whenever go BT sure get to see a lot of awesome bikes. I remember feeling damn ashamed when the girl in front of me just ride up the slope or stairs and i have to get off my bike to push it up. :paiseh:

i remember the flight of stairs, i bunny hop over. But when Bt is wet, expecially after a rain, have to be slightly careful. :P

Yeah.i personally witnessd my firend's Jaw being tear off after his Giant XTC frame Crack.leaving him with 10+ stitches on his left check. :( Agree with you, But seriously, as compared to now , BT is no longer as fun as it was 5-10 years ago, The conditions now are seasoned by nature + bikers+ Hikers.

Do you frequent Mandai ?

Yeah,That stairs is a very steep back drop and if just a mis jump of bunny, backfalling may be :cry::cry: ...yeah, i too very :paiseh: when see ladies choinging steeper slopes than me.

Bro acidjazz, do you ever travel to overseas for just normal lesuiring with your bike, the trails are awesome, but you need to go along with a guide and at least camp in there a few days. Saw the Bike Mag in UK & US and its just ...Beautiful :D

Yeah.i personally witnessd my firend's Jaw being tear off after his Giant XTC frame Crack.leaving him with 10+ stitches on his left check. :( Agree with you, But seriously, as compared to now , BT is no longer as fun as it was 5-10 years ago, The conditions now are seasoned by nature + bikers+ Hikers.

Do you frequent Mandai ?

Yeah,That stairs is a very steep back drop and if just a mis jump of bunny, backfalling may be :cry::cry: ...yeah, i too very :paiseh: when see ladies choinging steeper slopes than me.

Bro acidjazz, do you ever travel to overseas for just normal lesuiring with your bike, the trails are awesome, but you need to go along with a guide and at least camp in there a few days. Saw the Bike Mag in UK & US and its just ...Beautiful :D

bro, i think the best place to cycle is probably Canada! Everyone is talking about how much playground there is over there. . considering their natural mountains etc. You are right tt BT is seasoned, but for non-regulars like me, its still a sweating experience.

i have yet to cycle overseas, partly bcuz i dun have the stamina since i don't train as often as i used to. Furthest i cycle is from pasir ris to mount faber, thomson etc. . :lol:

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

anywhere i can find a cheap fox fork ?

or 2nd hand?

any idea?

told u b4. togoparts.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member
santa cruz superlight frame only,s-size $1400 do u guys tink its worth it to buy?

:angry:

If you lookin for lobang on super light. I got a second hand one with ionadized coat orange colour sellin for $1000. M size frame. comes with 4" fox float rear suspension.still in good condition.

• SRC Member

:erm: Bro since when did BT have stairs that can be hopped over.

The only flight of stairs that I can recall is the one near the ending where you have to carry your bike up as it's quite a long flight up.

At the top of the stairs ia a tarred uphill slope. And I don't think there is also any stairs that you can ride up.

And with regards to your injury. I have a metal plate with 5 screws implanted in my right shopulder due to biking accident and i'm still lookin for more trails to ride.Might be heading to Malaysia sometime soon. :D Honestly it's a waste of such a good bike if you only use it for leisure riding.

So c'mon. let's chiong the trails. All you have to do is just take it easy and be more careful. :peace: U have my no if you change your mind. :D

• SRC Member

If you lookin for lobang on super light. I got a second hand one with ionadized coat orange colour sellin for $1000. M size frame. comes with 4" fox float rear suspension.still in good condition.

Sorry typo error. It's 'anodized' paint coating. Orange in colour. :rolleyes: