Modification on Weipro 2012

angmoh

• SRC Member

i found that my weipro2012 is not producing dense and fine enuough bubble.

I'm using rio14hf (3500l/h) to power my weipro2012.

I'm wondering if there's anything i can do to fine tune the weipro ?

a few things i can think of...

1) to increase air intake , ie to install more air tube on the skimmer ? will that help?

2) to put something in between the water & air intake so that the thing can cut the bubbles into finer bubble ? such as coarse sponge ?

or any idea ? thanks

>>

• 2 weeks later...

Me too using the 2012 model and I am using a 2000l/hr pump. According to the spec, 400 gal/hr can already. So technically 2000 l/hr is about there right?

I think it is the space or volume in the cylinder that affect the skimming? If we compress the water in the cylinder, I think it would be better? Someone suggest to use a needle wheel pump but not sure can or not.

Another way is to raise the distance between pump and the collection cup. I was told the chuisui site has alot of discussion on weipro but didn't find any. As a matter of fact, it is only me writing there!

gene_ts

sure if there's only 2 fishy in a 100L tank, y not try increasing the fish load and u'll see what i mean. corals don't produce that much waste compared to fish.

any vessel with bubbles will skim that is for sure.

it's how efficient it can skim and how much the bioload is. there are systems that don't use any protein skimmer at all too. perhaps it's a sence of nostalgia. the good old days of reefing.

perhaps u can give / teach us more of your knowledge and experience on how to manitain an SPS tank with Weipro skimmers. pics of those setup u mention would be good too.

your input will surely help lots of reefers in this or other forum to save cost on thier ever costly hobby.

Me too using the 2012 model and I am using a 2000l/hr pump. According to the spec, 400 gal/hr can already. So technically 2000 l/hr is about there right?

I think it is the space or volume in the cylinder that affect the skimming? If we compress the water in the cylinder, I think it would be better? Someone suggest to use a needle wheel pump but not sure can or not.

Another way is to raise the distance between pump and the collection cup. I was told the chuisui site has alot of discussion on weipro but didn't find any. As a matter of fact, it is only me writing there!

Another way is to raise the distance between pump and the collection cup....can someone pls explain more on this ? thanks