31 degree

jun

• SRC Member

My tank temp was 31 when I had FOWLR. Seems to be ok but higher temp water seems promote algae growth a little more. Fishes are quite ok with that temp I think but also have to see which region they come from. IMHO, fishes that dwell in deeper ocean waters will prefer cooler temperature.

• SRC Member
My tank temp was 31 when I had FOWLR. Seems to be ok but higher temp water seems promote algae growth a little more. Fishes are quite ok with that temp I think but also have to see which region they come from. IMHO, fishes that dwell in deeper ocean waters will prefer cooler temperature.

:o Try to keep ya temp lower cos' ya fishes metabolism rate will go up & they also become restless & stressed.

And high temperature also helps parasites/disease to spread quicker :o

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Bro Jun... dun attempt corals at this high level of temperature... even when it comes to fishes, only limit your selection to fishes from warmer region and shallow waters... deep sea fishes are not suitable and avoid shrimps at all costs :erm:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Sponsor

im not using chiller for the time being for my 6ft tank...currently my temp is @ 30 deg with a small fan to help to cool down the tank

i do have some colars like discosoma, hammers, coco worms, yumas and they are still doing well.

just that the coral will not have the full pontential of expanding in that type of temp.

cheers

• SRC Member

hey atleast get a fan to cool ur tank, 31 degree is a torture, oxygen cannot be well dissolved into ur water. the fish will hyperventilate.

so please atleast put 1 or 2 fans. 1 fan use about 12V. atleast ur LS got higer chance of surviving.

dun need to save this kind of money

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• 3 weeks later...

adding fans wil increase evaporate rate.... and i hav to top up water more freq....i dun hav any equipments for my fresh top up water....all always top up wif tap water ....

as i koe water purely from the tap is not good...more aglae growth..etc..etc ...so tats y till now i stil hav not added a fan....i dun wan always add tap water to my tank le....:(

do u think i shd consider installin fan? my temp is always ard 31++ deg

adding fans wil increase evaporate rate.... and i hav to top up water more freq....i dun hav any equipments for my fresh top up water....all always top up wif tap water ....

as i koe water purely from the tap is not good...more aglae growth..etc..etc ...so tats y till now i stil hav not added a fan....i dun wan always add tap water to my tank le....

Yes you should... best if you can bring temperature down to 29ºC ++

As for water... maybe you can leave the tap water overnight to at least clear off the chlorine :)

• SRC Member

There are no shortcuts in this hobby. If you want to keep corals, get a chiller or at least a fan to cool the temp down to the recommended temperature for corals. I find it quite pointless to ask a question that you already know the answer to.

You mentioned that by installing a fan would increase evaporation rate and succumb to a higher electricity bill. So why are you still asking if you should consider getting a fan since you already know its pros and cons?

Regarding your question on the temperature on FOWLR, the fishes would most probably survive with a 31'C temp but it would be better to provide a cooler temp of 29'C if possible. To keep corals, you need to have a much cooler temp than 29'C.

Sorry for sounding harsh but I felt that it was necessary.

<_<

• SRC Member

as i koe water purely from the tap is not good...more aglae growth..etc..etc ...so tats y till now i stil hav not added a fan....i dun wan always add tap water to my tank le....:(

Hate to repeat this. but I think you should quit this hobby if you cannot even throw this small bit of luxury for your fishes.

Just my 2 cents.

• 2 weeks later...