Marine Aquarium in Seng Siong Supermarket!

johntanjm

• SRC Member

Don't think this has anything to do with reef keeping but i just thought it's particularly interesting that seng siong supermarket uses protein skimmers and other simple aquarium filtration to keep their salt water fishes alive!

post-7-1155309419.jpg

---------------------------------------------

The Deep Blue Sea in My HDB!

http://myfishyroomates.blogspot.com

Looking at the Lobster... they better install a Deltec in there :lol::lol::lol: That's the perfect place to test skimmers :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

the seng siong at taman jurong is doin the same thing too.

the metal tank has a overflow, goes down to a sump with bio and artificial filter. and a skimmer too. but i think the skimmer is not good enough for the tank.

the bubbles not micro enough.

the seng siong food court just outside. the display tank of fishes/prawns/lobsters.

they have chillers there. i think the brands are from china. each tank about 4-5ft. with 1 skimmer only. and the bubbles cant make it.

• SRC Member

ey, a skimmer is better then none right? why not you open a supermarket and run a deltec in it? let see how many lobster and seafood must you sell before you can earn back the money? REMEMBER they just want to make the seafood more healthy and PROLONG their live.

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member
which seng song is this>?

Oh this is clementi sheng siong. You know where Ginza Plaza is? West Coast that area. Its in one of the neighbourhoods. don't know where lar.

Btw talking about chillers, i think they run super powerful chillers lar. They've gotta simulate water temperatures in the deep ocean. I once went to crystal jade palace at Taka, then they have the tank with all the sea bass and garupa, and they had this cooling coil inside. Is that some kinda heavy duty industrial chiller?

---------------------------------------------

The Deep Blue Sea in My HDB!

http://myfishyroomates.blogspot.com