Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks bro KenYO... nothing compares to your school of Purple Queens  Maybe we should exchange SPS frags  I just bought some tools for fragging today 

yr water para is in top shape :bow: ca+ can maintain at 450ppm

exchange? mine r common sps if u don't mind :paiseh:

show us yr fragging tools :lol:

ur goby seems to have mustache growing on it :blink: Hope he starts feeding and a P.R in ur tank :)

maybe he just forget to shave ... :D

look cute though

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

hey bro,

can't believe your thread is 164pages already!! was here when it first started! haha... great job bro... great job!!

Thanks bro... I know... I am always so long-winded lah... keep on showing pix of the same old subject... here's another :lol:

This Hydor Performer 3000 is definitely a WORKHORSE :angel: Cleaned the collection cup 1 day ago and this is what I'm getting this morning :o

And this is while I'm trying to control my feeding... here's what I fed the entire day yesterday:

1) 2 slices of local Lettuce (still intact, no sign of rotting)

2) 3 cubes of frozen Mysis (without Garlic Guard)

3) 2 cubes of frozen Brine Shrimp (without Garlic Guard)

4) Small amount of ArctiPods (for my 2ft tank)

5) A bit of DT's Oyster Egg (for my SPS)

That's all :lol:

I purposely add the phone into the picture to give you guys a sense of scale... it's common to see overflowing foam in a tiny and narrow neck (especially those tapering design)... but for a neck this diameter... I am quite impressed by both the quality and the amount :evil:

post-34-1174527722.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Have you had your morning cuppa? :lol::lol::lol:

post-34-1174527996.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Finally finish reading 164 pages!!! after about 3 -4 days... You should seriously consider putting the entire thread into a book or something. Very helpful Thank you and impressive!!!

wow u finished them all in 3-4days?

:bow::bow::bow:

• SRC Member

Are yr other tangs taking the lettuce? For me, all my tangs will ignore the fresh lettuce if i didn't freeze it in the freezer. They seem to crave for thawed lettuce from the freezer...maybe more like seaweed in the ocean i guess.

And definitely agreed with you that special care and consideration is needed for rare species which are very few in the ocean. In fact, it also goes for all fishes tt if one is not confident at all to keep a certain fish species, best not to purchase it in the first place and ruin its opportunity to live better in another more experienced reefer's tank.

• SRC Member
Talking of fish health... actually I was very upset 2 days ago as I discovered THIS!!! Oh dear... what am I gonna do with 1 Helfrichi left? It's not that I can get a replacement that easily :cry:

Yesterday the fish went into hiding and totally ignored any food :cry2:

I did a search... can't find anything similar looking... the closest I can link is to a disease known as COTTON WOOL :nuke:

... to be continued :ooh:

wah!! jervis!!! same as you lao ah pek!!

:lol::D:D:P

:lol: im excited :P

Here you go :angel: See when you free to come over my office... if not I will leave it at a LFS near you lah :lol:

post-34-1174571147.jpg

yr water para is in top shape :bow: ca+ can maintain at 450ppm

exchange? mine r common sps if u don't mind :paiseh:

show us yr fragging tools :lol:

Common SPS can also turn very stunning if the condition is right... vice versa :rolleyes: So I don't mind at all... really :eyebrow:

As for my TOOLS... here you go... still looking for a better superglue... actually I prefer the one by 3M :heh:

post-34-1174571414.jpg

Are yr other tangs taking the lettuce? For me, all my tangs will ignore the fresh lettuce if i didn't freeze it in the freezer. They seem to crave for thawed lettuce from the freezer...maybe more like seaweed in the ocean i guess.

My Black Tang and FoxFace consumes the lettuce... not my PBT though <_< Thawed lettuce is very interesting and I will definitely give it a try... it makes a bit of sense actually... I'm guessing... the thawed lettuce are more brittle therefore easier to break from the rest of the leave making it easier to consume and feels more like Nori :) And probably can keep it longer in the freezer :lol:

:lol::lol: can la, once i come into office I start reading until i go home.... my boss very happy with me these 4 days. So hard working.... stare at monitor whole day for 4 days :D

Wah bro... you are my HERO :lol: A limited edition shot just for you... perfect for desktop wallpaper :P

post-34-1174580483.jpg

Wah bro... you are my HERO :lol: A limited edition shot just for you... perfect for desktop wallpaper :P

Wow good shot... you are really getting good with your sony DSLR. I am very new here and only heard of your "big name" from some other bros here. Now after reading your thread..... :bow::bow:

Now got step by step "101 set up a solid reef system"...

Wow good shot... you are really getting good with your sony DSLR. I am very new here and only heard of your "big name" from some other bros here. Now after reading your thread..... :bow::bow:

Now got step by step "101 set up a solid reef system"...

Err... you so full of praises... you wan free Zoas izzit? :lol::lol::lol:

For more information on this pix... click HERE

:lol: Cross promo :lol:

post-34-1174647761.jpg

Time for some SPS update... took a lot of pictures today :lol:

Let's start with this Blue Acropora

23 March 2007

230302.jpg

30 January 2007 (almost 2 months ago)

230303.jpg

23 March 2007

230306.jpg

20 January 2007 (2 months ago)

230305.jpg

Although the colour improved significantly... there isn't any visible growth :cry: Must be my low Calcium level and possibly small amount of PO4 (undetectable by Salifert) :(

Looking back... who on earth will buy a piece of Pink Acro that looks so faded :pirate: