Jervis' Full Time Job

jervismun

Can ask U another question. Where do U go to order huh?

Any good website to order?

I usually order from www.sewatec.com their pricing is quite ok once you get their 17.5% VAT rebate... however... once it reaches our shores... the gov might charge you GST payable to the delivery man ;) In my opinion, this kinda buying option only makes sense when you are to buy something not available locally... or else the waiting time of 2 weeks to 1 month can be unbearable :angry:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

I usually order from www.sewatec.com their pricing is quite ok once you get their 17.5% VAT rebate... however... once it reaches our shores... the gov might charge you GST payable to the delivery man ;) In my opinion, this kinda buying option only makes sense when you are to buy something not available locally... or else the waiting time of 2 weeks to 1 month can be unbearable :angry:

The pricing there looks good. What is the prevailing exchange rate?

I see EUR at around 1.32 against the dollar now.

Guys, just to highlight that the usage of a UV Sterilizer is not a necessity as there are many reefers do not run a UV... however I've decided to add it to my system (at least for the time being) as I've added a few new fishes last few weeks and some of them are known to be ich magnets :o And the recent algae bloom is also part of the reasons... if everything is to settle down... I might just disconnect the UV until the next time I add new fishes :eyebrow:

And do bear in mind that almost all living organisms that pass through the UV will be sterilized... either killed instantly, damaged/injured or not being able to reproduce... that includes good bacterias also. This can potentially be a problem for those keeping SPS and relying on these good bacterias for natural feeding... for my case, I do dose sufficient food such as Roti-feast, Phytoplanktons, Reef-roid, Cyclopeeze, Zooplanktons and also the old-fashion "stirring of sand bed".

Everything has its pros and cons :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Time for some pix... 5 of my 6 new Walt Smith's SPS are looking good... here's my favourite with nice polyps extension :)

post-34-1173833986.jpg

More SPS... hey am I the only SPS keeper (left) in SRC? :lol::lol::lol:

post-34-1173834334.jpg

Emm... ok this will surely create some interests, non?

post-34-1173841023.jpg

B)

post-34-1173841062.jpg

Interesting. Wat's tt? Looks like a special type of mushie...

It's a Maxima :lol:

We dun have good cameras HAHA

It's not that bro Kenneth... just that there seems to be not much response... but having said that... here's another SPS pix :lol::lol::lol: Montipora Palawanesis... quite rare and the green is getting more and more intense :yeah:

post-34-1173863079.jpg

• SRC Member

It's not that bro Kenneth... just that there seems to be not much response... but having said that... here's another SPS pix :lol::lol::lol: Montipora Palawanesis... quite rare and the green is getting more and more intense :yeah:

:yeah::yeah::bow:

dat monti

the purple/bluish patch will turn green as well? <_<:heh:

Sis Waner, actually that patch is grey in colour (looked purple under my lighting)... I suspect it is a form of discolouration :erm: But the good news is the green is coming back... I expect that patch to be gone within weeks :)

Actually it has baby blue polyps which can't be seen in the pix :huh:

jervis.. post ur clam pic leh.. don zoom it.. ya.. haha..

Ok will try to take a full shot of my clam tomorrow :)

zoom in n marco :heh:

let us drool :lol:

Cannot as the specimen is quite deep inside... I need a even more powerful macro lens to achieve that ;) Please don't suggest I go that direction :lol:

Here's a macro just as stunning... specially for you sis... red red LAVA!!!

post-34-1173881292.jpg

• SRC Member

Cannot as the specimen is quite deep inside... I need a even more powerful macro lens to achieve that ;) Please don't suggest I go that direction :lol:

hey thats not what a DPM should sae!!

go buy that lens!!! :lol::lol::lol:

SINK DEEPER!!! :evil::D:P

hey thats not what a DPM should sae!!

go buy that lens!!! :lol::lol::lol:

SINK DEEPER!!! :evil::D:P

That lens 4-digit lah :shock::shock::shock:

Lowered my Grotech Photon Plus light fixture by 3" this morning... making it 6" from water surface right now... transferring a significant amount of heat into the water I suppose... but no choice lah :cry:

post-34-1173882694.jpg

Oh dear... now where's my tail... I can't find it anywhere... did I left it in the Anemone? Steve... how many times do I have to tell you... :lol::lol::lol:

post-34-1173885183.jpg