doctor fish

Yep..doctor fishes hardly ever know to care for themselves in captivity. They normally only do well in large tanks with lots of fishes. You still might have to try a few fish before 1 really survives. Think it's because of their high metabolic rates and the shipping process. Imagine being caught from the ocean and being starved before someone buys you. Combined with stress....hence the low survival rate...

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

Doctor Fish or Common Cleaner Wrasse are obligate parasite feeder. So unless you have a large enough fish community as hosts for the parasites that it feeds on, it will never find enough food.

LiveAquaria is a good source of information, do read up and determine if you have the capabilities to take care of your next fish/coral purchase. :)

• SRC Member

As usual.. the fish is probably hidding some holes.

My 1st doctor disappear after 1 day,, found dead after sometime on sandbed.

2nd doctor disappear after 3 days.. found hidding in hole after another 3days.. but still die later.

Tank 4x2x2.5

Although they are very low survival record , but Still had some body kept it survival . IMO they may be some way to keep it ..... Any Tips ???? :idea::idea::idea:

somebody??? you mean my uncle's doctor???? IMo they thrive better with fishes around, not sure how and don't understand why the doctor can survive :lol::lol::lol: BTW they have hrive for 10months already

• SRC Member
I had one doc a few weeks back, it took to eating brine shrimps, seemed quite healthy and all, then one day it became weak and died, had a red (bloodied or wounded?) lower mouth. And for the life of me, I really don't know what was wrong with it, no signs of disease only the red mouth.

You're not alone on this... my Red Sea Cleaner also had a sudden death...

I got it to eat flake, but it just perished suddenly about 2.5 weeks later. Very depressing... cos it's not easy to get the RS Cleaner to feed... *sigh*