Jervis' Sydney Trip

jervismun

Last pix... Black Swan from Perth (Western Australia) :P

Anyone wanna see more flowers? I have 200+ :lol::lol::lol:

post-11-1159879548.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok obviously there ain't much flower lovers here... well... tonight will update Day #5, more exciting this time I promise :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Yo Bro....you are in Australia now? :blink: ....updating as you travel!....thats very kind of you. We all get a free tour! :lol:

kekeke.....will be visiting Perth this month and I was hoping to see some wild flower since it is season now.

Very Nice Picture!.....thanks for the effort.

I am trying to make a trip tp Busselton to check out the coral reef there.....probably will try to post some pics. when I am back.

More pics please! :P

• SRC Member
will be visiting Perth this month and I was hoping to see some wild flower since it is season now.

It's Spring in Australia now and flowers are in full bloom. You should head down to the Araluen Botanical Park in Perth. It's about 45mins drive South-East from Perth and the tulips are gorgeous. :peace: However, you got to catch the flowers at the right time. After a certain time, they start to wilt and die off. Apparently, tulips don't last very long. I last went to Araluen around Oct '04. I was there 1 week late & the tulips had started to wilt already. :(

Damn......... I really miss Aust. now. :(:paiseh:

• SRC Member

• SRC Member
Hey thanks Brother for the recommendation.

I was still wondering if I can see any wild flower along the road to Albany? :paiseh:

Wild flowers on the way to Albany? I don't think it would be a problem. The countryside down South is definitely more luscious than the trip up North. However, I am not sure if there are Botanical Parks on the way down to Albany though. You've got the Karri Valley down south where you can see HUGE Karri trees.

• SRC Member

hi there bro.. i went to keukenhof in holland last april and the flowers there are so so beautiful... didnt really know hw to appreciat em though... below is a pic from my trip there... hope u dont mind me posting it here.... :)

• SRC Member
Next time you guys go to Sydney... must visit this place... we went there twice :lol:

Oh yesh!!! The seafood is fresh and serving is huge!

Best Regards,

Morpheous

==========================================================================================

My Ocean Pets:

Emperor Angel, PowderBlue Tang, Regal Angel, Teardrop Butterfly, Singapore Angel and Nemos

==========================================================================================

(Only when you guard your lips, you guard your soul....)

Nice bro Flamey... of course I don't mind... :lol: I don't see any Black Tulips in Canberra though :(

Will proceed with Day #5 now... back to Darling Harbour... it's funny everytime I visit Sydney... my life evolves around the harbour :lol:

That day a very special day... can see the moon at 2pm :shock::shock::shock:

post-11-1159969697.jpg

Wildlife World... Sydney's latest attraction... this place is so new... even my aunt in Sydney never knew it existed :lol:

It is next to the Aquarium... if fact it is owned by the Aquarium... if you guys have 5 hours to spare, buy combo tickets can save 30% :eyebrow:

post-11-1159969801.jpg

This is how the WildLife World looks like from the opposite side of the harbour... nice concept... a zoo inside the city :lol:

post-11-1159969910.jpg

The entrance statement is really well done... aboriginal in feel... plus the earthy colour... perfect :yeah:

post-11-1159970744.jpg

For those of you interested...

post-11-1159970866.jpg

First display... a 2 storey high display of Australian Butterflies and Moths :)

post-11-1159970980.jpg

Damn those ants are at least 1" in length... scary :shock:

post-11-1159971053.jpg

Featuring me... second time appear in this thread :lol:

post-11-1159971288.jpg

Spot anything? :fear:

post-11-1159971365.jpg

Australia is so rich in both flora and fauna... they don't have to import anything... unlike our zoos, gardens and aquariums :unsure:

post-11-1159971493.jpg

I will give their displays A+

Beautiful clear glass... nice flooring... super natural scaping... beautiful MH lighting... hi-tech LCD panels... a great experience right at the heart of the city :bow:

post-11-1159971632.jpg

My favourite little creature... about the size of a pregnant hamster :lol:

post-11-1159971747.jpg

An interesting display... can you spot the freshly shed scale/skin?

post-11-1159971826.jpg

Wow! An Australian Emu :shock:

post-11-1159972131.jpg