any avid traveller/backpacker in here?

flamey

• SRC Member

as above... im very interested in travelling since young... its only now that i have the moolas to do it :lol::lol:

planning to backpack thru Southeast asia sometime soon... anybody has experience in doing this? needs guidance as in where the 'cant miss' places and stuffs...

:)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Need a partner? :lol:

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

Which part of SEA? u mean vietnam, thailand, buma sorta thingy?

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

i will by flying over to Burma some time next month. . . have a friend who stays there.

I wld prefer backpacking in Europe!! haha. . but need a lot more mollas. .

i think its more fun and safer if u backpack in pairs, instead of solo-ing. Some SEA countries are kinda dodgy.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member
i will by flying over to Burma some time next month. . . have a friend who stays there.

I wld prefer backpacking in Europe!! haha. . but need a lot more mollas. .

i think its more fun and safer if u backpack in pairs, instead of solo-ing. Some SEA countries are kinda dodgy.

me juz covered europe last may :) but not those eastern erupoe countries la..

was really an eye opening experience...

i believe backpacking thru S.E.A would be more challenging given the temperate and also the 'not so safe' factors :lol:

i went to europe with a partner... it was fun la but ultimately both of u have to have the exact same interests and wavelength... good friends doesnt necessarily make good travelling partners! :lol:

give u an example dat happened during my trip... the plan was we only stayed in liverpool for one night before proceeding to manchester... but due to me loving the football club so much i din want to leave early :lol::lol: n my friend being an ardent man u fan said its nt fair for him as it will mean dat he will sacrifice time he wil have in manchester...

end up we split up for one night before i join him in manchester...

• SRC Member
im planning to go after christmas . tibet . burma . then bangkok and get smashed .

get smashed? tibet sounds cool... during the last natas fair i flipped thru information bout tibet.... looks interesting...

maybe i should wait for my ex colleague to go back myanmar... then i follow him.. :lol::lol:

• SRC Member

SEA is safe lah bros... the chances of getting mugged at gun point is so much lower than some european countries. The only unsafe thing is perhaps some of the transportation methods, eating the wrong food (although I've eaten fried crickets off street vendors without issues).

So far I've been to Cambodia, Vietnam, parts of Thailand, going to Laos end of the year etc...

I hope to visit the whole of SEA over my lifetime... and in fact, I travel partly coz of work, coz I'm a photographer... so I go take photos of places I go to.. heck people send me to these places to take photos... :D

Now's the best time to go really... budget airlines and the internet have opened these countries up a lot...

Happy Travelling!

• SRC Member
SEA is safe lah bros... the chances of getting mugged at gun point is so much lower than some european countries. The only unsafe thing is perhaps some of the transportation methods, eating the wrong food (although I've eaten fried crickets off street vendors without issues).

So far I've been to Cambodia, Vietnam, parts of Thailand, going to Laos end of the year etc...

I hope to visit the whole of SEA over my lifetime... and in fact, I travel partly coz of work, coz I'm a photographer... so I go take photos of places I go to.. heck people send me to these places to take photos... :D

Now's the best time to go really... budget airlines and the internet have opened these countries up a lot...

Happy Travelling!

thanks for the insight bro... when r u goin laos? just to take pictures? nice....

• SRC Member

thanks for the insight bro... when r u goin laos? just to take pictures? nice....

Yeah take photos and just relax... going over the Christmas to New Year holidays with a couple of close friends...

I heard Laos is a great place to go, really laid back... but it's a little hard to get there, we're going to fly to Chiang Mai, then make our way across the Laos border, down the Mekong to the capital Vientianne, then back across the Thai border to Bangkok then back home...

• SRC Member
i dont plan to backpack per se . but just live in the mountains and medditate . u know what i mean ? i cant go overseas now especially not thailand since my IC still green . but 1 and a half more months . oh yea

hehe u go "backpacking" with the green backpack? :lol:

• SRC Member

Yeah take photos and just relax... going over the Christmas to New Year holidays with a couple of close friends...

I heard Laos is a great place to go, really laid back... but it's a little hard to get there, we're going to fly to Chiang Mai, then make our way across the Laos border, down the Mekong to the capital Vientianne, then back across the Thai border to Bangkok then back home...

hey bro any pics to share :)

post it here la... maybe anybody who wants to share pics of their time at other countries can post it here... :)

• SRC Member

hey hey BP through most of northern thailand and a bit of cambodia.

Thailand is a interesting place to BP as their $$ is smaller than ours but cambodia is a bit $$ as they deal in USD.

Will post pics if you want but only after this month cos incamp lah.

• SRC Member
hey hey BP through most of northern thailand and a bit of cambodia.

Thailand is a interesting place to BP as their $$ is smaller than ours but cambodia is a bit $$ as they deal in USD.

Will post pics if you want but only after this month cos incamp lah.

hey bro... pls pls posts pics... would love to see them... :)

a friend of mine once planned to ride a motorbike from Singapore to China... I had to decline him due to the obvious fact that I do not have a motorbike license.

although with that being said, I still am tempted to go on a round-the-world journey on two wheels, given how I've read The Long Way Round, chronicling the adventures of Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman on their BMWs.

I'm digressing but. I want to backpack too!

and I have no photos to contribute. =(