Algae-Free Easy Blade™

jervismun

Hi bros and sis :)

Another product to share with you guys!!! This is nothing expensive, nothing hi-tech... but I must say that this product WORKS!!!

As usual, I shall start this sharing session with some pix of the product itself... before showing you guys some SHOCKING videos :shock:

For more information, CLICK HERE

And it comes in 2 colours :D

Je®vis

Picture extracted from www.aquamarin.com.sg

post-14-1161790798.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

The Easy Blade™ can be attached to the following magnets (as claimed by the manufacturer):

Piranha Float, Hammerhead Float, Tiger Shark Float & Great White Float

Mag-Float 350 (Size L)

Magnavore 8 & Magnavore 10

Zoo Zajac

JBJ

Amtra

Papillon

I've decided to test my Easy Blade™ using my old Tunze Magnet :)

And don't ask me why I chose the black version :unsure:

post-14-1161791122.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

As expected of any effective algae scrapper, the Easy Blade™ comes with a metal blade... can be hidden for transportation and safety. Just unscrew, slide/extend the blade and screw tight.

Click on the video below, it will show you how easy this process can be :)

th_MOV08165.jpg

Here's the tricky part... in order for it to work, you need to permanently mount it to an existing magnet cleaner :erm: So I've decided to use Superglue (as recommended by Algae-Free) to do the job.

For me, mounting it to my $100 magnet cleaner is not an option at all. In order to preserve the blade (to avoid rusting), Easy Blade™ must be removed from the tank after use. Therefore, it is practical to just recycle one of your old magnets or just get a Mag Float (Size L) :P

post-14-1161791617.jpg

Here you go... press it for 1 minute... the 3M Super Glue Gel is a very good product btw :lol:

post-14-1161791727.jpg

Let's do this slightly differently this time...

Before...

251008.jpg

After (oops... I missed a spot there) :paiseh:

251013.jpg

Sparkling clean :eyebrow: Well... I had so much difficulty cleaning the corners of my tank (especially near the sand bed) as I have corals very close to the glass surface, restricting access to my magnet cleaner... and those coralline algae are really tough :angry:

But with Easy Blade™, I just need to run it through once... yes once is all it takes!!! :P

This is how the product looks like... all set to go :yeah:

After a few manouveurs... I believe I've made the right decision for not using a stronger magnet... a "less-strong" magnet will ensure smoother operation... sorta gliding through :)

post-14-1161792299.jpg

Ok... without further delay... enjoy the show... :lol:

th_MOV08187.jpg

See how the scraper GLIDES through... the angled scraper also allow me to reach areas conventional "boxy" magnet cleaners can't reach :)

th_MOV08171.jpg

It is also very effective for the top area... as the product allows me to reach 3" beyond my usual magnet cleaner's range. Now I can clean both visible and invisible areas :lol:

post-14-1161792721.jpg

Look at the scrapped off green and purple algae mix? Surprisingly my Tangs (especially my Chevron) consumes them all :shock:

post-14-1161792828.jpg

This product is simply amazing... considering the affordable price :rolleyes:

th_MOV08186.jpg

That's all I've got guys... NO SCRATCH!!! But it takes a lot of patience to slowly glides the scraper... I will use this occasionally when the needs arise... for me, Easy Blade™ will not replace a conventional magnet cleaner... they are different products designed for different purposes in different situations :)

To learn more CLICK HERE

See ya :eyebrow:

post-14-1161793638.jpg

But if your magnet is the big boxy kind, the scrapper will not be able to reach the area where there are limited spaces from the tank wall to the corals , so i guess its better to get a slim magnet to go with it ,True?

Yes... the narrower the better... but bear in mind you need the thickness in order for the scrapper to mount properly :)

Yes... the narrower the better... but bear in mind you need the thickness in order for the scrapper to mount properly :)

ic, Thanks, but the other problem is if you do not glue it well , when scrapping, it wil have the tendency to drop right?

Wad abt using the magnetic attraction to clamp it?

awesome results from the scrapper blade :yeah: will head down to A.M to take a look at the products. B) Job hastle free for cleaning the coraline algae indeed :bow:

Yalor... imagine me doing it using one hand... another hand holding the digital camera :lol::lol::lol:

ic, Thanks, but the other problem is if you do not glue it well , when scrapping, it wil have the tendency to drop right?

Wad abt using the magnetic attraction to clamp it?

I don't thick SUPERGLUEing will give you problem... go for the best lah... that 3M I used only costs $3.45 for 2 tubes btw :lol:

2 for 3+ so cheap? Where you bought it?

Homefix if I am not wrong... must go back and check :)

My pleasure... reefers who already bought the Easy Blade™, do post some of your pix/videos for all to enjoy :bow:

When you check already can let me know? Thanks. Btw is the super glue gel on

promotion?

Checked. I bought it from STANDARD, the stationery shop at Funan IT Mall (are they still there now?)... normal price, $3.45 for 2 x 2g tubes. I just used it to stick my Rics to a piece of rock... it works brilliantly!!!

Anyone think I should start a SUPERGLUE product review? :lol::lol::lol: