Flaming Scallops and Cowfish

• SRC Member

saw them in Sealife yesterday. The cowfish is in its adolescence...

If you wan the toodlerhood type, try Pacific Marine, saw about twenty odd pieces in a tank. Actually, when they young, they resemble boxfish leh...imo... :P

• SRC Member
Whatever you are thinking..don't put cowfish with flame scallops. You will find empty shells sooner or later.

Oh...forgot hor...yup...it's true...my Cowie ate tens of tubeworms and also a scallop.

When I put the scallops into the tank, he surged forward and started eating them 'sashimi-style' right in front of me!!! Then my Tango, the yellow tang, practised the art of Monkey-see-Monkey-Do followed suit!

So no cowfish and boxfish where scallops are in concern. :P

Oh...forgot hor...yup...it's true...my Cowie ate tens of tubeworms and also a scallop.

When I put the scallops into the tank, he surged forward and started eating them 'sashimi-style' right in front of me!!! Then my Tango, the yellow tang, practised the art of Monkey-see-Monkey-Do followed suit!

So no cowfish and boxfish where scallops are in concern. :P

Cows graze grass....Cowfish graze scallops. :evil:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member
Mayb because the scallop's tentacles are red and always slithering that they look like blood worm or brine shrimp, so the fish go and eat

Nup...the common $3.00 types, he also attack!!!

Guess he has a fetish for scallops... :lol:

• SRC Member

hey flub,

i haf the tiny boxfish about 3 weeks or a month liao, it did not disturb any tubeworm or corals or shrimps in it. It was the first resident in the tank oso. But the shy fela, now like indian, always go one corner and set up mama stall. ahah.. Always hiding in the corner behind a tube, using one eye to look at you.. aahaha! very cute..

• SRC Member
Yup SL has COWIE and some scallops.Cowfish abt 1 1/2 to 2inches.

Hey...there's only one Cowie in forum and it ever belonged to me...let others name them with more intellectual names... :lol::lol::lol:

hey flub,

i haf the tiny boxfish about 3 weeks or a month liao, it did not disturb any tubeworm or corals or shrimps in it. It was the first resident in the tank oso. But the shy fela, now like indian, always go one corner and set up mama stall. ahah.. Always hiding in the corner behind a tube, using one eye to look at you.. aahaha! very cute..

now now...no racial discrimination here..chinese people run mama stalls too. <_<

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/