weipro skimmer went mad

jun

tis is the first time i use water conditioner.

after i add water conditioner to my tank.....my weipro skimmer produces a lot of foam....it rise all the way to the top and over flow with wet foam....the water level is adjusted at its lowest already..now i cant on my skimmer bcoz of tis...y is it like tat???

did i overdose the water conditioner?

u mean the bubbles flowing continuously ??

if it overflow with foam is all rite..

monitor it for a while.. see wats going on?

if ur waste collector fills up very quickly then...

i have no idea wat do help u..

:lol:

it overflow with wet foam ...and filled up the waste collector fast....

how....who can advice?? been 2 days already.... nv on skimmer

• SRC Member

i think aqua plus and a few other brands of conditioner makes skimmer go crazy, you can probably do small water change every few days using ro water to slowly dilute the problem ;;

i have same problem using aqua plus when i first started just let the cup fill and dump water out of it according to the official site guide... cant really c how someone can sit there doing that whole day though.

• SRC Member
im using Nutrafin Aqua plus water conditioner....

this brand quite popular lei..... cant be the main reason rite?

is there any instant way now to hav my skimmer on?

Yups, I think that's the on that causes the skimmer to go crazy... There's something inside it that somehow causes it...

• SRC Member

skimmate depends on the water quality/chemical properties. lets say there is oil in the water, somehow it will cause bubbles to burst very quickly and so you get very poor foam/skimmate cos all the bubbles burst liao.

Same thing like when u dose this water conditoner, perhaps it has chemical properties that cause bubbles not to burst and grow big big thats why flood ur skimmer cup so quickly.

Dosing additives is a one way thing. no such thing as can remove from the aquarium one. So if you want to recover from it, do water change. change change change subseuqently it will all be back to normal.

hope it helps.

---------------------------------------------

The Deep Blue Sea in My HDB!

http://myfishyroomates.blogspot.com

• SRC Member

it overflow with wet foam ...and filled up the waste collector fast....

how....who can advice?? been 2 days already.... nv on skimmer

keep skimming. ?he skimming, it will stop once the water becomes less hydrophopic... the conditioner you added caused this. It happens but you'll want it let it find the equilibrium. Don't turn off the skimmer. replace loss skimmate with clean seawater... after some hrs the skimmate will return to normal. The "wetter" water contains alot more "water-soluable PO4" in it, so the waters appear soapy.

Wat conditioner did you add?

keep skimming. ?he skimming, it will stop once the water becomes less hydrophopic... the conditioner you added caused this. It happens but you'll want it let it find the equilibrium. Don't turn off the skimmer. replace loss skimmate with clean seawater... after some hrs the skimmate will return to normal. The "wetter" water contains alot more "water-soluable PO4" in it, so the waters appear soapy.

Wat conditioner did you add?

i am using Nutrafin Aqua plus water conditioner......

i cant turn on the skimmer lei...... coz it fills up the waste collector veri veri fast.....

and somemore i m usin tap water to mix salt..... so tis time round i dun add the water conditioner at all ??

• SRC Member

complicated situation. using tap water will re-introduce PO4 back into the system. Buy 2 jerry can of sea water lor. If not use distilled water from supermarket to mix salt?

i empthize with u bro.

• SRC Member

I guess you're left with no choice lar. What is important is that you've already heard from many of us and you have a full range of solution presented to you. Sometimes solutions are not practical cos every tank is different, so choose the best lor.

Keep diluting the water with fresh salt mix with tap water lor like what you suggested. I think that's the best way for you alerady.