tazperlin reef tank

tazperlin

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

bro jervismun i have see ur lighting 2 x 150W MH + 2 x 39W T5

is very nice :eyebrow::eyebrow: where u buy ? n how much u ?

n one more thing i need to ask u about po4 in my tank do i need a Fluidised Reactor to get this po4 down :huh:

Can try some Rowa in a FR. That ought to help.

• SRC Member

:thanks::thanks: bro piero how is ur tank ready ? adding LPS ? i have see ur take ur live rock look very nice :yeah::yeah: hope my wan same with u also my still white :cry::cry:

If all white, very hard to get coraline algae. My tank is actually quite packed liao problem is not too good with photography so hardly post pics and I am still waiting for my SPS to grow out. The top part of my tank looks pretty bare cos only got small frags of SPS which i am trying to space out.

• SRC Member

n one more thing i need to ask u about po4 in my tank do i need a Fluidised Reactor to get this po4 down :huh:

Just do a regular 10% water change per week. No need for ROWA at this point because you are going throught a new tank phase. All those diatoms bloom etc. are natural phenomenons. Like wad jervis said, it'll go away soon.

And

Please remove your coral chips in your sump. Not wise to put those chips there unless you are going to do weekly maintainence on it. Else on the long term running, you are just asking for trouble.

• SRC Member

Just do a regular 10% water change per week. No need for ROWA at this point because you are going throught a new tank phase. All those diatoms bloom etc. are natural phenomenons. Like wad jervis said, it'll go away soon.

And

Please remove your coral chips in your sump. Not wise to put those chips there unless you are going to do weekly maintainence on it. Else on the long term running, you are just asking for trouble.

and I am glad you went for HNS at the start of the hobby. Great choice for a 3ft tank.

Anyway it serves well in removing your PO4. I dont mean the brand. But a credible and reliable skimmer like that of a HNS.

Hi there... that was the very old Solite MH I started my home tank with... I used that for 3 months then upgraded (or should I say downgraded) to ATI Powermodule :)

As for your PO4, as suggested by bro Piero... running a sizeable FR is the best... you can choose one of the many brands of PO4 removal media out there in the market :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Agreed... I removed my bioballs 2 months ago too... with an effective skimmer, you should let the organic wastes stay in the water column slightly longer to allow it to be extracted by the skimmer... instead of letting your coral chips (by the aerobic bacterias residing within) convert them to ammonia too soon :o

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Agreed... I removed my bioballs 2 months ago too... with an effective skimmer, you should let the organic wastes stay in the water column slightly longer to allow it to be extracted by the skimmer... instead of letting your coral chips (by the aerobic bacterias residing within) convert them to ammonia too soon :o

Same here...

I removed my biohome just 1 week ago. Seems not as effective in saltwater as compared to freshwater. Alage bloom getting out of hand. Let the skimmer do its job. Its more efficient.

• SRC Member
Hi there... that was the very old Solite MH I started my home tank with... I used that for 3 months then upgraded (or should I say downgraded) to ATI Powermodule 

bro ATI Powermodule i is a gd lighting but is only for hang type this lighting have holder ? :huh:

bro ATI Powermodule i is a gd lighting but is only for hang type this lighting have holder ? :huh:

Nope... once "hang"... you will never go back :lol: Do check with AM... they offer installation too... just two holes up the ceiling :)

• 1 month later...