Is denitrator worth buying ?

Killerwhale

• SRC Member
:blink:

Hi, like to find out who in this forum own a de-nitrator. Can share your experience ?

I used to have one made by Macro, but could not get it tuned properly to denitrate. Got fed up with it and changed it into a calcium reactor in the end.

If you must get one, get the aquamedic one, which works very well. But no idea when stocks are ever coming in. I placed an order before chinese new year but until now haven't come. Just as well as my n03 problem is finally solved.

• SRC Member

Killerwhale,

He's not goby, it's a nivlac.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

i think cedric has one too, if my memory did not fail me............ <_

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• 1 month later...

Anyone can share their experience how to remove N03 effectively ?

I really have a Big Problem now as my N03 is really High. Where my N02 and Anomia is very low...

I only have a built in over flow filter in my tank with a ehiem canister filter.. but dont seem to be very effective....

Thinking of buying a denitrator too.. but the boss at Hong Leong dont recommand, and he only recommand DSB...

Anyone got any ides??

Also try this produce call "Nitrate baterica Reducer" ,but alos doent work. :eyeblur:

• SRC Member

All cannister tank filtration system will encounter high NO3 one day..

Recommendation, 10-20% partial change of water weekly.. Now seems like you have to do a 50% change.. Then maintain a 10-20% change weekly..

Cannister filtration tanks cannot run away from this chore one..

Tips on Nitrate reduction..

1. Dunn over feed...

2. Placement of LR very important.. Dunn have large patches of LR standing in your Sandbed.. It will trap alot of leftover food or fish waste..

3. Weekly change of water.. Cannister filter only do their part in Chemical and Mechanical filtration.. No Bio Filter..

4. Fish in tank should be kept to a minimum..

5. If you have undergravel filtration, I suggest, remove it..

6. Have a good protein skimmer..

Ok.. as for your present problem,

1. you can add a poly filter to your present filtration system.. Ask ard LFS, should be quite readily available.. This will only be able to reduce but not remove your nitrates..

2. Go get a solution call AZ NO3 available in sealife $40, pacmarine $48 If I am not wrong..

I think that's all I can think of to help.. Because that's what I have gone thru.. If other ppl still have things to add.. I can learn more things!!

More inputs!!

:P

• SRC Member

Hi,

I'm have similar setup and of course same set of problem on Nitrate.

For temp measure, I'm changing water, dosing with AZ-NO3. Have been doing this for almost 3 weeks, the level is coming down, last measured 20ppm.

For perm measure, I'm incorporating a refugium with DSB and hope to get it up before CNY.

Take a look at DIY thread for some of my posts.

Happy New Year.

Limpc

• SRC Member
Am trying to find someone going HK also :P

if not, got to order from the US. Prices almost the same but shipping cost will be more

You have any sites to recommend? I have a friend in the states right now.. Can order and send it to him and he will ship it back for me..