Ming's Outdoor Tank

ming69

• SRC Member

Hmm... Guess it's time to try to catch the tomini tang from my other tank. I'm beginning to see bald patch on the fake rocks in that tank. <_<

It's tempting to get a Chevron, they look so cute. But CNY coming up, have to save $$ for ang baos. :pinch:

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Hmm... Guess it's time to try to catch the tomini tang from my other tank. I'm beginning to see bald patch on the fake rocks in that tank. <_<

It's tempting to get a Chevron, they look so cute. But CNY coming up, have to save $$ for ang baos. :pinch:

Woo yeh... I still remember the yummy Otah :eyebrow: Remember Cecilia? She pregnant and think giving birth soon, I suppose :unsure:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member
Woo yeh... I still remember the yummy Otah :eyebrow: Remember Cecilia? She pregnant and think giving birth soon, I suppose :unsure:

Time really flies. Before we realised, it has already been a year. A group of us gathered during CNY, grown-ups talking fishes and corals, while the kids are playing with play-doh. Sad thing is that almost half the reefers gathered that day has already de-com.

Hmm... wonder if we should gather again this coming CNY? :eyebrow:

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member
Time really flies. Before we realised, it has already been a year. A group of us gathered during CNY, grown-ups talking fishes and corals, while the kids are playing with play-doh. Sad thing is that almost half the reefers gathered that day has already de-com.

Hmm... wonder if we should gather again this coming CNY? :eyebrow:

Ya u are right indeed. The mood for last years gathering was fun with all the kids running ard and playing doh doh.. Ping Pong, kenneth and Moi dar decomm. Waner disappeared in this earth and who knows, I may be the next in line for decomm too. If there's a gathering, Kenneth and I should be able to gather for the CNY :eyebrow: Remember we fighting for the CK wings tat u had ? LOL.... :PB)

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member
Ya u are right indeed. The mood for last years gathering was fun with all the kids running ard and playing doh doh.. Ping Pong, kenneth and Moi dar decomm. Waner disappeared in this earth and who knows, I may be the next in line for decomm too. If there's a gathering, Kenneth and I should be able to gather for the CNY :eyebrow: Remember we fighting for the CK wings tat u had ? LOL.... :PB)

How 'bout we gather at your place this year, since most of the reefers are staying around your area?? :eyebrow::eyebrow:

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member

Ming,

Bristletooth tangs family like chervon, tomini etc.. will do the job well.. BT will not.

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
How 'bout we gather at your place this year, since most of the reefers are staying around your area?? :eyebrow::eyebrow:

I'll sound some of them and see response ya. then updates u again :rolleyes:

• SRC Member
Good decition ming.. Bristletooth tang may make you nightmare in future :pinch:

I was thinking of catching the tomini in the smaller tank and transfer it to the new tank. Now that u mentioned it, maybe have to re-consider it..... :pirate:

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

I was thinking of catching the tomini in the smaller tank and transfer it to the new tank. Now that u mentioned it, maybe have to re-consider it..... :pirate:

Bristletooth is the most effective algae grazer (among Tangs) as their mouth was designed for ultimate grazing :whistle

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Bro Lum, why would u say tat? any reasons for it ? :unsure:

Just recall back my previous bristletooth tang, i keep for 1 year ++, Yes he very good algae eating and super hard working guy tang :) , but when i introduce new other tang , Woww you scary when see the bristletooth attact , non stop whack the tang till die :cry2: very fast and accurate attact :eyeblur: .

I only share this to all, hope not offence all the bristletooth tang lover :P:P

Cheers and Happy reefing !!! :peace:

• SRC Supporter

Wah..Nice!

My little ocean
Mix Reef-Main tank 30 inches Length x 32 inches Width x 18 inches Height
2 X Skim DC return pump
Aquabee 2000 chiller feeder

Hailea 1/2 Chiller
1 X Tunze nano wavebox

2 X EcoTech Marine Vortech MP10W
Deltec skimmer - Internal
Lumenarc 400watt 12K Reeflux

8 X T5 ATI Powermodule
Prolifux control with external touchscreen display
Refugium keeping chaeto

Any suggestions on how to clean it?

Just a suggestion. I clean my clams by taking it out and scrub it hard using any brush. (If your clams are healthy, they are indeed very hardy) Clean all the algae and coraline will start growing next (fastest IMO). Since you have such lovely zoas, you should glue some on the shell. It will be a very nice clam with zoa attached.

(**careful while handling zoas)

• SRC Member
Just a suggestion. I clean my clams by taking it out and scrub it hard using any brush. (If your clams are healthy, they are indeed very hardy) Clean all the algae and coraline will start growing next (fastest IMO). Since you have such lovely zoas, you should glue some on the shell. It will be a very nice clam with zoa attached.

(**careful while handling zoas)

Will try to give the clam a scrub. Thanks!

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

OMG!!! The twin really comes together (as in attached skeleton)? Eye opener :shock: :shock: :shock:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Time for a FTS :eyebrow: