Ming's Outdoor Tank

ming69

• SRC Member
attach dwg incase u do'nt understand my english...

so I demand 5 x chicken wings + 5 otahs during yr reef tank

very professional + helpful.... i give u 6 wings + 6 otah to help me design when i am ready to get new tank............ :lol::lol:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

:bow::bow::bow:

Thank you very much for your advise & drawing too!!!

All you can eat chicken wings & otahs. No problem. Will throw in some bee-hoon & curry too.

Was thinking of bending the pipes instead of using the elbows. To cut down the chances of leaks at joints. But how u bend the pipe arh? Heat? With fire @ stove? Hair-dryer?

I suppose we'll try not to use glue so that the pipes can be taken apart for cleaning etc, right? Use silicon & that white tape?

:thanks:

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member

Thank you very much for your advise & drawing too!!!

All you can eat chicken wings & otahs. No problem. Will throw in some bee-hoon & curry too.

Was thinking of bending the pipes instead of using the elbows. To cut down the chances of leaks at joints. But how u bend the pipe arh? Heat? With fire @ stove? Hair-dryer?

I suppose we'll try not to use glue so that the pipes can be taken apart for cleaning etc, right? Use silicon & that white tape?

do 1 drawing got to eat so many food!!! :D so PP only got 1 wing 1 otah & 1 string of bee-hoon right :ph34r::lol:

U can use hot air gun or just heat over stove (becareful not to burn the pvc... very toxic)

Is best to use pvc solvent cement for return piping due to PSI.

As for overflow pipe use white tape will do

• SRC Member
very professional + helpful.... i give u 6 wings + 6 otah to help me design when i am ready to get new tank............ 

for u...design + labour FOC :lol:

Beware...yr P90 not finish yet u already think of getting another new tank... she will creak infront of u :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

• SRC Member

for u...design + labour FOC :lol:

Beware...yr P90 not finish yet u already think of getting another new tank... she will creak infront of u :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

fwah.. so nice!!!

:thanks: in advance...

no la... new tank is in far far future... u busy man must 'book' u fast ma... :peace:

• SRC Member

[quote name=yvoneysl' date='

for overflow pipe the bigger the better...40mm best but depend on your existing drilled holes size on the tank.

must use durso to reduce noise

try to have some gradent, some ppl like to t-off to skimmer (depend on the type of skimmer u using)

Bro yvoneysl,

Can show a pic of durso? So can go buy the necessary bits.

At first I thot use t-joints & elbows to construct one. But the outlet is using 1" pipes, so the final product very big. Overflow compartment is 5" x 7", if I'm not wrong.

:bow::bow::thanks::thanks:

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member
Can show a pic of durso? So can go buy the necessary bits.

At first I thot use t-joints & elbows to construct one. But the outlet is using 1" pipes, so the final product very big. Overflow compartment is 5" x 7", if I'm not wrong.

u r right, make from t-joints, elbows & end cap

remenber to drill 2 small holes on the top end cap :lol:

post-34-1168347244.jpg

• SRC Member

eh how thin ? and what grade sand are u looking at ? if its like 1 or 2 cm of grade 2 or smaller then dont bother... the current in your tank will move the sand forming craters where the glass bottom can be seen, not very nice , unless its more than 1 inch IMO. i am using grade zero around 1.5 inches. the depth of my sand bed isnt very even because of the currents in my tank, but bare glass bottoms arent seen.

• SRC Member
eh how thin ? and what grade sand are u looking at ? if its like 1 or 2 cm of grade 2 or smaller then dont bother... the current in your tank will move the sand forming craters where the glass bottom can be seen, not very nice , unless its more than 1 inch IMO. i am using grade zero around 1.5 inches. the depth of my sand bed isnt very even because of the currents in my tank, but bare glass bottoms arent seen.

Planning to go bb. No sand for me. :lol:

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

Planning to go bb. No sand for me. :lol:

I just experienced my first BB... it's good if you have sufficient current... or else all the settled detritus can be quite an eye sore :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Not much update for now except my rack has arrived this evening.

Bought a load of t-joints, elbows, 45 & 90 degree ones, unions, ball valves, pvc pipes from that place in Ubi Industrial park. Thanks to tip from bro yvoneysl.

De-comm my "jail" tank. It's inhabitants are now in a 1ft tank with air pump. Will sort them out tmrw. LR in a big black tub. Will start to "cook" them tmrw too. Will pick up more LR Thursday night.

In between ferrying kids to school tmrw, will try to tidy up the garden. Got tanks, sumps, overflow pipes, pumps all over the place. Luckily, no one in the family goes out to the garden. So the only people getting the eye sore will be the neighbours looking into our garden.

If time permits, will try to cut some acryllic sheets to construct some compartments for the 4ft sump.

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member
Not much update for now except my rack has arrived this evening.

Bought a load of t-joints, elbows, 45 & 90 degree ones, unions, ball valves, pvc pipes from that place in Ubi Industrial park. Thanks to tip from bro yvoneysl.

De-comm my "jail" tank. It's inhabitants are now in a 1ft tank with air pump. Will sort them out tmrw. LR in a big black tub. Will start to "cook" them tmrw too. Will pick up more LR Thursday night.

In between ferrying kids to school tmrw, will try to tidy up the garden. Got tanks, sumps, overflow pipes, pumps all over the place. Luckily, no one in the family goes out to the garden. So the only people getting the eye sore will be the neighbours looking into our garden.

If time permits, will try to cut some acryllic sheets to construct some compartments for the 4ft sump.

welcome to the "slaves of ur lifetime for the mini ocean" :P:pinch:

But its truly rewarding to see the end results of ur tank when u stood infront of ur tank (creation and master piece of ur work ) :whistle

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........