my shark tank

Maculosus

• SRC Member

bros,

though i still noob and currently tankless..very soon when i work and earn $$$..i think we shldn't be so harsh on bro maculosus..the whole thread, 5 pages and only 3 pics?? rest is debate on shld he keep e sharks..then we won't be able to really learn frm him or admire his tank..anyway 7ft..his sump is already bigger than most of our tanks..wau thats big or i'm a mountain tortise..hahaha..

anyway bro, wld wanna know more abt how u got e sharks.. is it license?? hahaha..wld love to hav a shark tank myself..thats like way cool lah..majiam a mini underwater world..can post more pics and talk abt how u got em??yeh..forum mah..learn frm ppl who gone thru the roads so we dun make em...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
dats e reason why so many people refuses to post pictures of their tanks and specs here. people here juz flame and flame and flame. come on la. so wat if his shark is in a 7 footer. its definitely bigger den almost all your tanks here. wait till it grows up den we talk bout it. not like he is killing them sharks like we know 1 reefer does.

if you wanna talk bout how happy fishes are in your tank, unless u r having a 10,000 gallon tank, otherwise you all should not be keeping tangs 3inches and above. you are still imprisoning them. is there a difference with caging u up in a 1 room flat or 3 room flat? u r still being caged. u cage me up in toa payoh, i call that a difference.

so grow up and stop flaming people. wanna be harsh bout things, ask that fella for his add, visit his tank, LOOK at it den be harsh to him face to face. tell me when u do it, cos i wanna see you do it. if u haf e guts to.

bunch of keyboard heros.

juz a word of advice, bro Maculosus, read up more bout em sharks and their ways of life. i am sure u have been doing that a lot, but no harm doing more. i am juz worried someday your angels and bannerfishes go missing. haha

totally agree with u about the flaming part

dats the reason y i din wanna post my tank pics (altho nothing great about it anyway) later kenna flame :ph34r:

for all the good intentions for the sharks......

dis is bro Maculosus's tank thread n lets at least respect dat by not spoiling it ;)

• SRC Member

:thanks: to those who is understanding. I believe that after this i will not post a single picture here again chinese people says, ' one gain of white rice can feed hundreds of people'. Aiya, you keep your fish, i keep mine, so why bother whether how many sharks or what kind of fish i keep.

Bro Aldaris i keep angel, and banner fish( heniochus) i am not so expert to keep so many moorish idol lah :lol: anyway don't worry, my black tip know that ' fish are friends not food'.

Whats so dissappointing is WHERE IS THE MOD HUH?? No more government anymore. :evil:

To those bro out there, :thanks: again for understanding, when you see or read something, not nice, pls ignore, let those keyboard hero, practise they typing skill here,.the more you type the happier they are. :thanks::thanks::thanks:

Temp give up. Rest for a while

Dun be too disheartened. :)

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member

:thanks::thanks::thanks:

The only dishearten is ppl call me a fool.

Luckily he call me here. Bro Aldaris, what is a noop? If noop is novice, my advice to you is, you have long way to go. This is not auntie or uncle's hobby, marine keeping is not a easy hobby. From reading you will not dont gain 100% exprience . Trial and error play 90% and reading only give you 10%. Firstly, learn how to identify fish.You make the first mistake here, the Moorish idol you saw in my tank is actually a High fin banner( Heniochus acuminatus). Learn how to dfferentiate fishes,and their characteristic. When you reach to a level, you will realise lots of thing. Lots to learn bro. learn it slowly. ' Climb the ladder step by step cause you will not know whether the next step is ' Remember never say you are expert even you are successful, never stop learning. :D:D:D

Do continue to update your thread bro... and more pix... there are much to be learned here... be it right or wrong :) Doesn't matter... most importantly to give reefers another perspective in reefing... and I am also very curious how long the Black Tips can stay alive in captivity :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
:thanks::thanks::thanks:

The only dishearten is ppl call me a fool.

Luckily he call me here. Bro Aldaris, what is a noop? If noop is novice, my advice to you is, you have long way to go. This is not auntie or uncle's hobby, marine keeping is not a easy hobby. From reading you will not dont gain 100% exprience . Trial and error play 90% and reading only give you 10%. Firstly, learn how to identify fish.You make the first mistake here, the Moorish idol you saw in my tank is actually a High fin banner( Heniochus acuminatus). Learn how to dfferentiate fishes,and their characteristic. When you reach to a level, you will realise lots of thing. Lots to learn bro. learn it slowly. ' Climb the ladder step by step cause you will not know whether the next step is ' Remember never say you are expert even you are successful, never stop learning. :D:D:D

bro..you already reached MASTER level liao.. :peace::bow:

• Sponsor

If u are taking about fishes and fowlr, i think bro Maculosus is the most experience of them all...i know he keep alot of rare species and handle them with care.

As for this hobby, its true that reefer must learn the hard way to suceed ( trial n error). Just merely reading from books n forums will only give u a small percentage of knowledge.

Bro Maculosus, seen that u have cut down alot of your LS. Any nice angels to let go???

Cheers

Hi, just want to say tt dun take offense in the reefers here. Some of them have good intentions, but the way they translate into words may seemed harsh.

Everyone is judgemental, just dun let it ruin ur day.

i think u are doing a good job keeping the fowlr tank. Maybe can start planning a 10x4x2.5 ft tank to hse the sharks in future or even a fibre glass pond.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

• SRC Member
Hi, just want to say tt dun take offense in the reefers here. Some of them have good intentions, but the way they translate into words may seemed harsh.

Everyone is judgemental, just dun let it ruin ur day.

i think u are doing a good job keeping the fowlr tank. Maybe can start planning a 10x4x2.5 ft tank to hse the sharks in future or even a fibre glass pond.

I will bro, tt why trying so hard every monday and thursday.

• SRC Member

Hello there... do post more pic of ur tank and sump.

my frens and i were really admiring ur achievement and we knew is not easy to keep or rather maintained the water parameter with tt number ls u got.

one look at it we loved it and wished we can have one like urs.

i tink above all, its ur tank,ur money,ur time,ur effort,ur hard learning,ur gain,ur experinced in it,its ur loved for it and thank god no one can take it away frm you.

i am nobody here but juz a still in a process of learning and finding out of wat need of me to know more knowledge and marine enviroment.

bro take this frm my frens and i.......2 THUMBS UP!!

:peace:

• SRC Member
Hello there... do post more pic of ur tank and sump.

my frens and i were really admiring ur achievement and we knew is not easy to keep or rather maintained the water parameter with tt number ls u got.

one look at it we loved it and wished we can have one like urs.

i tink above all, its ur tank,ur money,ur time,ur effort,ur hard learning,ur gain,ur experinced in it,its ur loved for it and thank god no one can take it away frm you.

i am nobody here but juz a still in a process of learning and finding out of wat need of me to know more knowledge and marine enviroment.

bro take this frm my frens and i.......2 THUMBS UP!!

:peace:

:thanks: , till now still learning, just that ihave a bad habit of buying fish. Will post once my camera is ready.

• SRC Member
Hi Maculosus, understand that your bio load is quite high with sharks in it. Really keen to find out how you keep your nitrate and phosphate low. Are you using any sulphur denitrator or fluidise reactor ? Thanks in advance.

bro, try nitrate reactor no use, nitrate is super high as well as po4.

only where change 30% water weekly and quarterly 50%. :D

hey bro, just to cheack with you. .

since u keep both angels and tangs, do u have issues feeding them?

For me, i find that the tangs are very aggressive eaters, therefore limiting the angels' food.

Is there any solution other than flooding the tank with food?

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member
hey bro, just to cheack with you. .

since u keep both angels and tangs, do u have issues feeding them?

For me, i find that the tangs are very aggressive eaters, therefore limiting the angels' food.

Is there any solution other than flooding the tank with food?

I must admit that tangs are crazy eater, and shit a lot. I fed them tangs and angel with lot of lettuce and seaweed every 2 days, and pellets daily 4 to 5 times.

If you are talking about centropyge, paracentropyge( ie: multi-barred) and genicanthus species, then they will have difficult snatching food with the tangs. This 3 are classified under gentle species.The bigger size angel(holacanthus, pomacanthus... even at 3-4 inches we know that they all grow bigger size, so in nature they are more aggressive when comes to snatching food with the tangs. All my angel and tangs got equal share. That was why my NO3 and PO4 is super high. To balance, between water quality and diet of fishes, change water every week, 40 to 50%.

I must admit that tangs are crazy eater, and shit a lot. I fed them tangs and angel with lot of lettuce and seaweed every 2 days, and pellets daily 4 to 5 times.

If you are talking about centropyge, paracentropyge( ie: multi-barred) and genicanthus species, then they will have difficult snatching food with the tangs. This 3 are classified under gentle species.The bigger size angel(holacanthus, pomacanthus... even at 3-4 inches we know that they all grow bigger size, so in nature they are more aggressive when comes to snatching food with the tangs. All my angel and tangs got equal share. That was why my NO3 and PO4 is super high. To balance, between water quality and diet of fishes, change water every week, 40 to 50%.

thanks for sharing. i have success with tangs, but seldom with angels and butterfly, partly bcuz of the tangs' crazy appitite.

Is ur ASM G5 skimmer powerful enuff or do u have plans to upgrade ur skimmer in future?

changing 40-50% of water in a 7 footer tank is no joke. Frankly i only change 10% water weekly.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

:blink: Wow 2 black tips at home? 50% water change a week? Bro Maculosus you do weights training one ah??? :bow: Judging from your tank size that is like what.....20-30 pails of SW per change??

I ask something Everybody want to ask but paiseh to ask.... :Can go your house see?" :ph34r::paiseh: joking...

from the few pics, very nice fishes u got there!!