Is this a melting?

ah fat

• SRC Member

erm.. i think nope.. tie the base rock to a small piece of styroafoam board.. let it float with the tip facing the tank bottom.. and give mi moderate flow i think.. to strenghten the muscle of the coral.. :)

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png

very much like a Flower Tree Coral (Scleronephthya spp.) according to livaaquaria.com

Flower Tree Coral.

The Red/Orange Flower Tree Coral is also referred to as the Scleronephthya Strawberry Coral, or Pink or Orange Cauliflower Coral. It closely resembles members of the Dendronephthya genus, and is somewhat easier to maintain. The stalks, branches, and tips of this coral tend to be various shades of the same color. It is a relatively peaceful coral colony. It is normally shipped attached to a small piece of live rock or rubble.

It is moderately difficult to maintain in the reef aquarium and should be housed in an established reef aquarium by the experienced marine aquarist. The Flower Tree Coral will require low lighting levels combined with medium to strong indirect water movement. These corals will not usually fully open in direct water current, so water flow provided by a power head directed at the glass or nearby rock is ideal. For continued good health, the addition of strontium, iodine, and other trace elements to the water.

It does not contain symbiotic algae it can rely on for food. Therefore, its diet must include live, baby brine shrimp, micro-plankton, and other small foods designed for filter feeding invertebrates, in order to survive in the reef aquarium.

It is normally shipped attached to a small piece of live rock or rubble.

-- extract from liveaquaria.com.

doesnt seem to be a easy coral

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

Yup, it's a pink cauliflower, this is difficult, cas no aglae presence and you have to feed them. Get another type of tree coral better, it is yellowish in colour and it has symbiotic algaes presence, so photosysthesis is more than enough for it.

yellowish in colour? cant really see any much difference between these soft corals. anyway, hasn't been feeding it but its began blooming nowadays. and when the lights are on. maybe its the photosynthetic cauliflower? beginning to doubt its identity.

took it out for fw dip after reading the forum.

realise it smells quite like dead fish. or is it the smell of all salt water

but when i put it back it starts to like emit a lot of stuff.. now it shrunken and very laid back.. dno if its still alive.

afraid that it will pollute my water so need advice fast whether i need to take it out or not.

still got a cleaner, a boxer and star poly in the tank.

post-71-1174661508.jpg