Danano's Reef

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As ever....impressive!!! I got to attribute my project to start a small tank again because of you....your tank inspires pple man!!!! some closeups? BRo...we are waiting ;)

• SRC Supporter
Hey danano

Very nice colours.....looks really good

Wish my tank was a little more colourful

Well..... you can...

and all you have to do is to get a very small tank, have a massive frag seesion on whatever is in your current reef, take some of those frags and place in them....

and the best part is every reefer in SRC gets a frag from you..... :P

What Say Ya?????

and I wouldn't mind doing the coordination on your behalf....... :heh:

• SRC Member

Thanks Morgan! You've got lots of space... why not setup a small tank? Actually, one of the keys is to either lower your lights or place the corals within 12" from the surface or setup a shallow tank... need not necessarily be very small, just shallow.

• SRC Member
:bow:

Colours are very well complemented... :)

Thanks Fluberrina. :)

I'm using a Teco TW4 (1/3hp I think). 30g tank is 24"x18"x18". 12g sump is 20"x14"x11". Chiller switches on 3 times a day on average for about an hour plus each time. I maintain the temp between 26-28C.

I have 3 54W T5s suspended about the same height above the water..without fan to cool them down water temps reach up to 31 degrees celcius.. :blink:

Quickly bought one fan and using it to cool the water 24/7..the taiwan brand bigbig clip on type..if not enough will have to buy one more..argh...actually real scared of the whole fan dropping into the water.. :blink:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

Thanks Fluberrina. :)

I'm using a Teco TW4 (1/3hp I think). 30g tank is 24"x18"x18". 12g sump is 20"x14"x11". Chiller switches on 3 times a day on average for about an hour plus each time. I maintain the temp between 26-28C.

hey...Dan guru...I suggest you keep a journal of your tank and the processes involved as I believe it will really be marketable...look at the actual product!!! :yeah:

And where's Williammuk's?

• SRC Member

Very very beautiful bro. Makes me ashamed of my own tank. But inspired to work towards something close to yours.

I am now determined to trying out sps cos I just can't understand how your sps can thrive under T5s. And they are not only thriving but growing as well.

Keep those photos coming. Its a joy to see your tank and photos.

• SRC Member

Thanks everyone! :paiseh:

May i know what's your daily cal/alk intake and your dosing routine?

30g is just about small enough where it may be more cost effective and not too much of a hassle to dose and not use a Ca reactor.

Here's how I maintain the water parameters... in addition to 10-20% water changes 2x/month with Tropic Marine salt, I dose trace elements, iodin/iodide and aminos daily. I maintain Ca between 420-450ppm and dKH at 9-11. I dose Calcium and Strontium daily. In addition, I add Reef Advantage Calcium to top-up water 2x/wk and Reef Builder 4-5x/wk.

My sump has a fuge compartment with thriving macroalgae and a healthy pod and mysis population. Fuge is set on a reverse photoperiod . My latest addition was an AquaC Urchin in-sump skimmer... sps are loving it! The hang-on equivalent would be the AquaC Remora.

And I use Rowaphos and Seachem SeaGel as well.