Display your fowlr tank here!!

• SRC Member
btw nice bicolour angel! its almost as big as ur sohal!!! omg

hi. well actually the biocolour is slightly smaller than sohal. very stable cos got it from reefer that decom. sohal is about 2weeks old in my tank.lucky that burger eats like a pig.

• SRC Member
Tank same old loh, no new addition, mine is a bit crowded, haha.

Icic, glad ya chaeto growing! haha. I find using T5 to grow chaeto is very very efficient. :D

post sm pic leh. need abit of inspiration fr reefer..

My residents as on jan09:

ANGELS:majestic + emperor + asfur + maculosos + french + cream + koran + coral beauty + yellow pygmy

TANGS:5x yellow + 2x purple + brown + 2x sailfin + sohal + chocalate + naso + orange shoulder + 3x blue

OTHERS:8x solar wrasses + red wrasse + 6x cardinal + 4x chromis + 3x clowns + diamond butterfly + harlequin task + 3 anemone(green+white+red) + scooter bleeny

Waiting list:blue face + blue ring + king&queen angels + personifer + flame angel + pottery angel + racoon butterfly....

Amazing! Does your tangs fight?

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Amazing! Does your tangs fight?

Hi. Well yes they do fight but only minor one. I try to feed them more to prevent them from fighting and for those injured at least with food around can distract the fierce fishes away. My main concern is itch. Thats why if in sin ill try to feed them with pellets soak with garlic juice.

Hi. Well yes they do fight but only minor one. I try to feed them more to prevent them from fighting and for those injured at least with food around can distract the fierce fishes away. My main concern is itch. Thats why if in sin ill try to feed them with pellets soak with garlic juice.

any secret to ur ich control? :thanks:

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member
any secret to ur ich control? :thanks:

hi. well no secret actually. when kena hit by itch, i

1) chg 40% h20(distill+me salt)

2) on both of my 36v uv light

3) feed food soak wit garlic juice and feed very very often

4) pray very hard......

Unable to lower the salinity bcos i hv anemone + mushroom and unable to use ozoniser cos got kids at home:otherwise will include this two methods.

But at the end of the whole process i still strongly believe no matter what method we used only the strong fishes will survive. Now i dont dare buying fishes that are itch magnet.

hi. well no secret actually. when kena hit by itch, i

1) chg 40% h20(distill+me salt)

2) on both of my 36v uv light

3) feed food soak wit garlic juice and feed very very often

4) pray very hard......

Unable to lower the salinity bcos i hv anemone + mushroom and unable to use ozoniser cos got kids at home:otherwise will include this two methods.

But at the end of the whole process i still strongly believe no matter what method we used only the strong fishes will survive. Now i dont dare buying fishes that are itch magnet.

thanks =)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

bro, how much you got those xhatch for?! first time i see it in sg... very nice!

My poor photo does not do justice to the x hatch pair, esp the male. They're currently my favourite fishes in the tank, they react to you like my dogs do and they make interesting crunching sound (yes loud crunching sound that i can hear from outside the tank) when they are moody or excited. They are not cheap (guess bcos they are quite rare), my pair i got it at $800 but it worths every single cent i paid for.

ya i know about their price tang, deepwater hawaiian fish

but your male doesnt look golden at all, what size is it?

The male has a v nice golden body and red tail, that's why i dunnno how come the pic taken using my hp does not reflect the actual colour. female 7" male 8" roughly

The male has a v nice golden body and red tail, that's why i dunnno how come the pic taken using my hp does not reflect the actual colour. female 7" male 8" roughly

Bro is the cross hatch trigger fierce or not. Can pm me the price?

BIGBIRD

Tank 1 : 36 x 36 x 30

Tank 2 : 30 x 36 x 30

Sump : 43 x 30 x 15

Light 1 : LumenAqua LED lighting systems 72W

Light 2 : LumenAqua LED lighting systems 72W

Wavemaker : 1 x Tunze wavebox

Skimmer : Deltec 701 and Deltec TS 1250 Turbo Skimmer

Chiller : Arctica 1/4

Return pump 1: Rio 32

Return pump 2: Rio 20

Pinpoint : PH meter

Pinpoint : Temp meter

Pinpoint : ORP controller

Ozonizer : Sander C200

Tank1 and 2 : 308gallon

123a4qp.jpg

BIGBIRD

I TALK ANGEL, I EAT ANGEL, I SLEEP ANGEL

Bro is the cross hatch trigger fierce or not. Can pm me the price?

No need pm, i've already stated the price at post 492 in this thread. Crosshatch are friendly but they hav v itchy mouth thats all. Even bite my finger once when i was feeding. They will not bother other fishes of any sizes from wat i experience.

• Senior Reefer

trigger fish are actually very intelligent fish. they recognise ppl who feed them and care for them (as digiman have said (:, reaction towards humans and they know u like dogs do) ya they do make sounds. btw digiman, does ur make grunting noises? i had a trigger that does that last time.

never see crosshatch triggers before. closest looking was blue troat.

Yes they make v interesting grunting sound, quite loud esp in the late night. They also grunt when i bring food near water surface, reacting to the feeding. This pair are from LCK. Anyway Irwarna and Ah Beng also brought in before.

• Senior Reefer

digiman. u know anywhere ever bring in lei trigger b4? that one also very nice...i was looking for one last time when i had my FOWLR. now that u mention triggerfish...i still have not seen that one yet O.O

digiman. u know anywhere ever bring in lei trigger b4? that one also very nice...i was looking for one last time when i had my FOWLR. now that u mention triggerfish...i still have not seen that one yet O.O

Lei Trigger has a wider range than Crosshatch but its still typically being collected from hawaii, which means is also rare. Plus local reefers have no interest in triggerfish so its hard to see them brought in, low demand so no supply. Other common triggers quite similar to Lei and easily obtainable from indo shipments at small sizes are Huma and Bursa. But i'll recommend the blue throat (the best in terms of price and size) as they are typically smaller and least aggressive. As for myself, I hope one day i'm able to obtain the holy grail Lunula or Goldenback.

Lei Trigger has a wider range than Crosshatch but its still typically being collected from hawaii, which means is also rare. Plus local reefers have no interest in triggerfish so its hard to see them brought in, low demand so no supply. Other common triggers quite similar to Lei and easily obtainable from indo shipments at small sizes are Huma and Bursa. But i'll recommend the blue throat (the best in terms of price and size) as they are typically smaller and least aggressive. As for myself, I hope one day i'm able to obtain the holy grail Lunula or Goldenback.

hio lemon here. yea lei trigger very rare. actually the colour not that fantastic. just white with few black lines ont he face. but thats what very interesting lor. very cool (:

lunula looks like a criss between lei and picasso. O.O

I love octopus