Wts Black Tang

acidjazz

• SRC Member

brother.. see the date la bro, i bought it when mw is just starting to get into singapore. its you who i asked, i asked you for the lfs number. forget already??? that time mystery cheapest also 150, small cannot sell one also 125.. i put there price people want they buy.. at least my mystery wont turn into a sixline wrasse or whatsoever.. you sell overprice, no one will whack you... but if you sell something OVERPRICED and TURN OUT TO BE SOMETHING ELSE, then you deserved it..

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

brother.. see the date la bro, i bought it when mw is just starting to get into singapore. its you who i asked, i asked you for the lfs number. forget already??? that time mystery cheapest also 150, small cannot sell one also 125..  i put there price people want they buy.. at least my mystery wont turn into a sixline wrasse or whatsoever.. you sell overprice, no one will whack you... but if you sell something OVERPRICED and TURN OUT TO BE SOMETHING ELSE, then you deserved it..

I am curious, why are you so interested in this thread?

I am confident me and bro earth will come to some compromise and settle peacefully.

Therefore i strongly suggest that since its a sat night, go out chill and relax unless u have no friends. :lol:

Btw, dear reefers may wish to check out this interesting thread.

Netizens

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member

not no friend la.. just felt sad.. because i always help earth reserved fish.. get lfs give him good good price.. last month he asked me see can get him a black tang not.. just because i am too busy with work, no time go lfs. i told him no.. who knows things will turn out to be like that.. aj, you know i rarely flame ma.. but brother got trouble, if i dont stand up, i cannot be called as man la hur? so please go easy on me ok??? sat night i also wanna go out, but worked 7 days in a row, dying of exhuastion already, if still go out i will die. so tonight i shall be the keyboard hero!

Member of

n34281892381_7606.jpg

not no friend la.. just felt sad.. because i always help earth reserved fish.. get lfs give him good good price.. last month he asked me see can get him a black tang not.. just because i am too busy with work, no time go lfs. i told him no.. who knows things will turn out to be like that.. aj, you know i rarely flame ma.. but brother got trouble, if i dont stand up, i cannot be called as man la hur? so please go easy on me ok??? sat night i also wanna go out, but worked 7 days in a row, dying of exhuastion already, if still go out i will die. so tonight i shall be the keyboard hero!

if you are a bro to earth, maybe u wld like to get the whole story before posting your remarks.

anyway lets clear the air, i apologise to Earth and whoever is affected. But this matter will be resolved peacefully as all reefers can clearly see that its a misunderstanding and i have already offered to compensate bro earth with a full black tang.

p.s. dear reefers, stop pming me asking me for advice, get better deals, order fishes etc etc etc. No good deeds go unpunished.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

hmmm, well, we shall wait for dennis to come online again, most prob a while later. he already told me everything he wanted. so maybe you can give me your side of the story as well?

i posted my story in page 5. Its a misunderstanding, therefore the lfs is willing to exchange the hybrid for a true black any time there's shipment.

If i plan to pass off the hybrid as a true black, i will not bother replying every single one of bro earth's messages and ask him if he wants to exchange the hybrid for a true black tang. Just like bro earth, this is my 2nd black tang and i am no expert in it. cheers. peace. sorry for the insults.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member

i wouldn't blame Earth....each shippment is quite spaced apart, there are is a super long queue for the exchange....who knows when the next avialble blackie of suitable size would come in....AJ, i seriously don't see what wrong with taking back the fish, refunding Earth the money, then exchange with the shop for a true one before selling it again????

remeber, you were willing to start the bid at $1....

• SRC Member

AJ: When i first read your reply on pg 5, i wasn't too happy, u r simply arrogant. But frankly, u sounded better and apologised later, so that's much better.

Let me explain, I dun want an exchange as i dun want to go thru the trouble of removing LR and catching the fish and in the end mess up the whole tank and stress up the other fishes. I m not so free too. And as what bro tineng said, when will the true black tang come? If it's here, is it going to be healthy? If u ask people who know me, i don't fuss about $, as long as a fish i like comes along, i will pay for it. do u know i paid $435 to buy a less than 3 inch goldflake from a LFS in the west?

U offered me a $50 refund, but a hybrid does not cost that much in the current market, and furthermore i don't like a hybrid at all. Even if its $100, i dun even want to buy. I have been fair and told u that a hybrid is going at $300 now in a reputable LFS in the west and that amount is max that i should be paying for 1, and i think it's already above average. It doesn't matter to me how much u paid for it previously, dun tell me you bgt a house for 2million a year ago and if the current market price says its 1million, u think people will still buy from u at 2million if u wish to sell?

Ask yourself, you ever posted in the forum about the diff betw a hybrid and true black tang, dun tell me u never suspected that it was a hybrid that u always had? Like i said before, if i were you, i would hav told the potential buyer that it maybe a hybrid and let the buyer then decide whether to buy or not.

Nonetheless, since u have apologised, i shall not be long winded. lets end it here as i got better things to do than writing garndmother's stories

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member

Bro W3ish3ng

Thanks for all the postings on this issues, i know you are hot, cool down ok? U r still young and should go out and enjoy yourself on a sat nite. Or else next time when u reach my age no chance liao :lol:

Really appreciate your kind gestures of always reserving fishes for me. :bow:

:thanks: bro

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member
AJ: When i first read your reply on pg 5, i wasn't too happy, u r simply arrogant. But frankly, u sounded better and apologised later, so that's much better.

Let me explain, I dun want an exchange as i dun want to go thru the trouble of removing LR and catching the fish and in the end mess up the whole tank and stress up the other fishes. I m not so free too. And as what bro tineng said, when will the true black tang come? If it's here, is it going to be healthy? If u ask people who know me, i don't fuss about $, as long as a fish i like comes along, i will pay for it. do u know i paid $435 to buy a less than 3 inch goldflake from a LFS in the west? 

U offered me a $50 refund, but a hybrid does not cost that much in the current market, and furthermore i don't like a hybrid at all. Even if its $100, i dun even want to buy. I have been fair and told u that a hybrid is going at $300 now in a reputable LFS in the west and that amount is max that i should be paying for 1, and i think it's already above average. It doesn't matter to me how much u paid for it previously, dun tell me you bgt a house for 2million a year ago and if the current market price says its 1million, u think people will still buy from u at 2million if u wish to sell?

Ask yourself, you ever posted in the forum about the diff betw a hybrid and true black tang, dun tell me u never suspected that it was a hybrid that u always had? Like i said before, if i were you, i would hav told the potential buyer that it maybe a hybrid and let the buyer then decide whether to buy or not.

Nonetheless, since u have apologised, i shall not be long winded. lets end it here as i got better things to do than writing garndmother's stories

Well said. Real Gentleman bro earth. :bow: Thumb up for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favourite fish only.

Give me one more chance....

• SRC Member

I think i agreed with earth. :)

If you think its a hybrid then its fair to tell the buyer first before he decides. This is honesty. If sold later the buyer says its a hybrid then you admit its a hybrid that is not very nice already. <_<

Come to think of it. Catching fish in the tank? u pay me money i also dont want lah. How to catch when its already in the tank? Remove the rocks and risk all livestocks dead then rescape????!!!! Not me lah. :P

For me i also forget it, ask me to catch and exchange the real black tang. :o

Where got time??? :lol:

I think my popcorn finished liao... so is the show. :(

Like i said, i am willing to take a step back and apologise. You know which lfs i got the hybrid from, and you can go ahead and ask him the price he sold. I even have the chance to speak to the supplier of that particular hawaii shipment and i told him exactly what you told me, that hybrid sldnt be priced so high.

His answer: It doesnt matter if its hybrid or pure black, both are rare and the price is the same. In fact, hybrid sld be more expensive cuz harder to find. :snore:

I understand you feel tt u are at the losing end of the deal, which is true. I am not receiving any special treatment from the lfs as well. i mentioned many times, if u can, make ur way down and ask the lfs wad's his price for hybrid and wad's his price for normal black tang b4 throwing accusations at me.

I have to admit its troublesome for you to take out the live rocks etc to catch out the hybrid. I have a fish trap to lend if you are interested. You can return the hybrid to the lfs and wait for his next shipment of black tang, which i assume wun be tt long considering its getting more common nowadays.

I hope you understand that this is some sort of miscommunication or misunderstanding and i try to compensate on my part. The reason why i was pissed is tt we could settle this peacefully but you have to bring it out to the public, which in the end still back to square one.

Anyway different shipment have different prices, different lfs have different prices. In any case, i called you a couple weeks back to discuss but you didnt reply my calls. Therefore, lets make an effort to end this peacefully.

You are a nice reefer and i don't want this to be a bad experience for you. Neither of us are black tang experts, i couldnt tell its a hybrid, neither can you at my place. so once again, peace and my apologies.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

i wouldn't blame Earth....each shippment is quite spaced apart, there are is a super long queue for the exchange....who knows when the next avialble blackie of suitable size would come in....AJ, i seriously don't see what wrong with taking back the fish, refunding Earth the money, then exchange with the shop for a true one before selling it again????

remeber, you were willing to start the bid at $1....

hi tineng, it depends on bro earth if he wants to go thru the hassle of taking out the fish. I think its only fair that the lfs compensate and exchange the hybrid with a true black tang, which the lfs oblige because its a genuine mistake on the lfs part. They sold the hybrid at a black tang price tag, and has thus offered to do a swop.

$450 for a 3.5-4 inches black tang isnt a lot, considering CF selling at least $600 or more. However, if you compare with other cheaper lfs in the east, its a far cry in the price tag. Hope this clarify.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member

Maybe can try this. Bro Acidjazz buy a hybrid(from some east LFS so it cheaper) and exchange with the LFS for a Black? Acidjazz will then keep the black while the price difference returned to bro Earth. But Acidjazz will have to own a Black tang in the end... Just my 2 cents worth..

• SRC Member

Hmm.... still have some peanuts... :lol:

Actually I am not involved. But by looking at it, I have to say something. If you made a mistake in purchasing a hybrid instead of a black tang then u shouldn’t pass this oversight to another reefers. It doesn’t matter whether the price u paid is the same as what you offered. It’s good to offer compensation or any sort of settlement but this shouldn’t be happening in the first place. I think it’s honesty that counts.

I think what earth wants is honesty and hassle free not about money...

;)

• SRC Member

Just my 2cents worth,

Both are not at fault looking @ the situation.

1stly,

There's a miscommunication between Bro AJ & the LFS he got his hybrid frm since the fella frm the LFS didnt exactly tell him that its a hybrid. So how would Bro AJ know that its a hybrid since he's not an expert in Black Tangs.

2ndly,

As for Bro Earth, he himself went to Bro AJ's plc to see the fish so how can he not know it as well.

Seriously, im not siding with any parties, but if u guys are experienced reefers u shud know that certain fishes may be off colour due to adapting to a new tank environment as it may stressed or scared, am i right to say that?

Well the both of you shd actually have a talk between urselfs and hope that other bros will not interfere as it will actually add more fuel to the fire.

Its just my 2cents, honestly...

1stly,

There's a miscommunication between Bro AJ & the LFS he got his hybrid frm since the fella frm the LFS didnt exactly tell him that its a hybrid. So how would Bro AJ know that its a hybrid since he's not an expert in Black Tangs.

2ndly,

As for Bro Earth, he himself went to Bro AJ's plc to see the fish so how can he not know it as well.

well i beg to differ a bit here.

1st :I think AJ git cheated by the lfs but later realize it is a hybrid and try to sell it with bidding, but failed to reveal it is a hybrid when selling.

2nd :I think Earth noted 'the fade' of the fish but thought it was under stress so still take it.

• SRC Member

AJ: its really good that u apologise, at least u r not bad to the core as some reefers describe u. But one thing i m still not totally convinced is about the point that you didnt know yours was a hybrid, not even a little bit of suspicion? If u say no, then why u posted under "reef fishes" asking about the difference between the true and the hybrid?

I totally believe that you got your hybrid for 450, and i didn't doubt that. Like i say again, i am looking at current market prices, not historical. I already gave u a fair option to settle, i.e i should only be paying the most 300 for a hybrid which is already above average market prices now. But apparently u were not agreeable. U must understand the spirit of buy and sell, not everything u sell will make a profit or must fetch the same price that u bought it for. In any case, the $ is not the issue and i dun post to gain sympathy or whatsoever. I got nothing against u also. I just hope that when reefer sell their stuff, at least be as transparent as possible, this is not the place to do business but a platform for us to offload our stuff and LS. Similarly, buyers can also be reminded to be more cautious and dun just take the seller's word for it.

In the end, i hope its a lesson learnt for you. I do learnt a lesson myself. Lets close it here peacefully and u dun have to compensate me. I will keep the tang which i believe will be a important historical figure in SRC books, and then the price may appreciate?? :P:lol: It's a Sunday, go out chiong LFS and relax :D

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

• SRC Member

take a chill pill bro.

there are much better ways for you to do certain things and to get certain points across.

dun have to get al worked up over this issue.

pick a fight that is YOUR fight. dun juz pick any fight. not a good idea swinging that lil bro of yours around and goating others into a fight. someone is liable to cut if off.