Scam in this forum

tanVincent

• SRC Member

Yah..pls search and read 'HateME'. Then again...I never cheat other's money wat. Those cheaters also never kenna ban from forum so why should i?

Isn't it strange that people can carry on their selfish profiteering act even though practically the entire forum members know them by nicks and names? How come once and again they could prey on newbies and nobody came out to point out when they surfaced?

Because like it or not..there are cliques in this forum and everyone only care and support their own 'kawans'. Even their friend's tank is ugly, they say super. Their friends got stupid things to offload, their cheer good buy and claim they would themselves buy it if not because they already had blah blah blah items.

Don't come and pretend to be high and mighty with me. All Hypocrites only.

I admit i created this nick because of anger. I was angry with the forum and the members. That was why i came out and made my destructive presence felt. I wanted to 'tarok' all bad deals and insincere comments. But i guess one man's effort would not be enough so i gave up :pinch: .

Anyway this thread not about me lah...so don't bother too much about me. :lol:

aiya...this guy long time ago come in and make trouble liaoz...and made it so obvious that u created multiple nicks to flame ppl.... :lol::lol:

mrhateme....of cos calling ppl to hate u lors... :eyebrow:

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Oie.... you so fast forget ar... that time i go your place.... you give me some rowaphos.... that time jinhui also came.... then we all went to farm..... so fast forget.... I also recalled Terryz_ treating us taxi....

Erm... i thought we went to bro barn house instead? ;) haha.. anyway.. offtopic..

and yes.. he is out.. he tell me he juz out from reservist.. wondering he wad rank? thought he only private? haha. how come the government wan him to go back soo many time a yr?

and ya.. he sae his tank crash.. and he noe i keep sps.. wan to pass the sps to me.. omg.. i den don wan to risk.. :lol:

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png

All reefers beware, Vandeam is out again.

Just got sms from him saying what just got out reservist, tank crashed, alot of sps to sell....

i wonder how big is his web of lies

Got sps? Wah... must be from US also la... surely very exotic and 'expensive'.

Member of :
post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED

• SRC Member

Got sps? Wah... must be from US also la... surely very exotic and 'expensive'.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

view my 2ft tank thread update here!!

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36399

Tank Dimension: 24'x15'x19' with black silicon. All round 8mm.

Equipments:

Return Pump : Hailea HX6540

Skimmer/Chiller : Sicce 2500lph

Skimmer : Weipro 2011

Lightings: 4xT5s HO..2 20,000k & 2 Blue Pro(Aquaz) Retrofits

Chiller : Resun CL280

Auto Water Top Up

Life Stock:

More then 35kg of figi rocks

Blue Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Bristletooth tang, Clown Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Flame Angel, Six Line Wrasse, Sunrise Dottyback. 2 Cleaner Shrimp

Green Bubble, Orange Yuma, Hammer, True Octopus, Acans,

Frogspawn, Green/Orange Cyannaria, Red Prata, Red Open Brain, Star Polyp, Acan Enchinata

• 2 weeks later...

me new here (or not so new) ...

just something curious to ask here ... hope you guys can answer ...

if one so chooses, is it wrong to buy cheaper and sell more expensive to others. i thought this is a personal choice.

if you think the items are expensive, then don't get it from the poster. if one thinks that it is within (your own) reasons, then arrange to get it.

traditionally we knew that different LFSs sell at different prices. They all survived to this day, that means they each have their own clientele. so it is also the same for hobbyists.

maybe some or many hobbyists are still students, they have to save harder to get at this expensive hobby. but, hey! why make it sinful whenever someone sells something more ex to them. let them learn their lessons, let them learn them early, so that they will be cunning bastardy businessman like me in time.

i am no more human, but a deadly reptile called the white lizard.

the pit-falls are everywhere. so let's enjoy our occasional tripping over them. i hope you guys enjoy the hobby as much as i do.

i am beginning to see more sugar, vinegar, salt, talcolm powder, t5s, and nano cubes in the hobby. so looks like it is after all an exciting hobby.

chill ... or frame me? doesn't bother me ... but you must have fun ...

• SRC Member

Any one can be worst then me? He sold me so call live rock which 50 percent of it was dead. Was told tat the cost of the 200kg rock worth $1K but he give me discount. Charge me $800.When i weight it, it only 150kg. I'm holding a 4ft by 2ft by 2ft tank. At first he said 200kg of rock will covered the tank. End up, not even the back wall are cover. Being an idiot, got 5pieces of fishes from him. 2 blue tang, 1yellow tang,1purple tang and 1 powder brown. Guess how much? $200. I'm a newbies. Recently my dad got diagnos with rectal cancer. Finacially are very tied up now. I had tried to neg the price with him. And he always said, out of good will or i pity u, i sell u at the very very low price. U must not tell anyone.

All i can say is, he's really a BASTARD. If i got extra $, will get ALIEN to screw his ######.

Sorry for being uncivillised. Probably there are worst people then me. But being cheated for more then a thousand, dad was sick. Treated like an IDIOT. I'm feeling indignant.

let's go through one point at a time.

He sold me so call live rock which 50 percent of it was dead.

whether the rocks are 50% dead or alive. you can see it or smell it. if you are not familiar with the hobby, then maybe you should have brought along another reefer to help you out.

i presume you are starting out. so as long as the rocks are not totally dead. it can come 'alive' again soon enough. this hobby is also about patience.

Was told tat the cost of the 200kg rock worth $1K but he give me discount. Charge me $800.When i weight it, it only 150kg.

since there is a misrepresentation on the part of the seller, you can have a refund of the difference or a return should be in order.

if you have proof of this transaction such as PMs and messages, then you could seek redress at the small claims tribunal.

let the court hear you, it is only way-less than S$100 to get a claim heard.

I'm holding a 4ft by 2ft by 2ft tank. At first he said 200kg of rock will covered the tank. End up, not even the back wall are cover.

this is only the seller's opinion. it is therefore not a contract. to the seller, he felt that 200kg should suffice while you as a buyer have your own opinion and idea in your own final reef-scaping.

Being an idiot, got 5pieces of fishes from him. 2 blue tang, 1yellow tang,1purple tang and 1 powder brown. Guess how much? $200.

this deal is arrived at a willing-buyer willing-seller basis, so again it is not possible to claim a refund unless he claimed that his tangs are hybrid or special breed, which you did not claim to have mis-represented.

I'm a newbies.

ignorance is not a defence in court of law.

Recently my dad got diagnos with rectal cancer.

this sympathetic fact was only known after the deal so the buyer cannot rely on this fact to get the seller's sympathy.

it is indeed a sad occasion for the buyer. but, whatever that is passed, one cannot undo.

you have my condolence and hope your dad recovers splendidly.

Finacially are very tied up now. I had tried to neg the price with him. And he always said, out of good will or i pity u, i sell u at the very very low price. U must not tell anyone.

yes. we are not party to your deal. so we can only hope that the seller after reading your predicament will offer some relief. but, do not bet on it. if one has to let it pass, do let it pass. too much negative energy dealing with what's passed is not good for one's health. it only bring ulcers and dioxins to your body. read: die younger.

All i can say is, he's really a BASTARD. If i got extra $, will get ALIEN to screw his ######. Sorry for being uncivillised. Probably there are worst people then me. But being cheated for more then a thousand, dad was sick. Treated like an IDIOT. I'm feeling indignant.

i only heard your story first time here from you. i have not heard the other story. based on your description, i do empathize with you. count your blessings that you only need $1k to learn a lesson. some of us paid way more. you don't want to be in my shoes then.

now that you are in the hobby, why not enjoy the hobby as it is. there are many reefers way more cool and helpful than those that you have encountered. why stare at the tree, where you could have played the forest. you know what i mean.

have fun ...

[an after note:] maybe i try to offer you an alternative view. somewhere in lim ck, there is a large LFS. their yellow tangs are at least $50-$60 per piece. purple tangs even more. even blue tangs are at quite a high prices. although i know their prices are really quite ex, but i still buy my LS from them as their specimens are very stable and already feeding. i recalled my earlier reefing days, LS mortality was quite bad for me. at one time, i bought 15 small yellow tangs at $15 per piece at one go (yes, i know now and have learnt). all never survive. so for me, it doesn't matter how much i pay for the LS, as long as it can have a better survival in my tank, i am willing to fork out. that is why stable LS from fellow reefer's tank are well-sought after here. at one time, i ever sold a lemonpeel angel for $35 to a fellow reefer, i never increase my price then as he was my friend. but i had a zillion PMs asking me to let them have it and willing to pay more for a feeding lemonpeel. such was the frenzy. so as long as the fishes survived, it is really worth every dollar.

at around the same time, i bought a really nice lemonpeel hybrid for $150 from this LFS. i did have offers to let them have my fish, but i was never interested. that lemonpeel stayed with me until my tank crashed some 9 months later. so my opinion of this LFS was good and excellent, i even wanted them to import black tang, but they didn't want to guarantee its survival, so ended up never deal.

one should not talk about success only, failures are equally important to know.

• SRC Member

whether the rocks are 50% dead or alive. you can see it or smell it. if you are not familiar with the hobby' date=' then maybe you should have brought along another reefer to help you out.

i presume you are starting out. so as long as the rocks are not totally dead. it can come 'alive' again soon enough. this hobby is also about patience.

since there is a misrepresentation on the part of the seller, you can have a refund of the difference or a return should be in order.

if you have proof of this transaction such as PMs and messages, then you could seek redress at the small claims tribunal.

this is only the seller's opinion. it is therefore not a contract. to the seller, he felt that 200kg should suffice while you as a buyer have your own opinion and idea in your own final reef-scaping.

this deal is arrived at a willing-buyer willing-seller basis, so again it is not possible to claim a refund unless he claimed that his tangs are hybrid or special breed, which you did not claim to have mis-represented.

this sympathetic fact was only known after the deal so the buyer cannot rely on this fact to get the seller's sympathy.

it is indeed a sad occasion for the buyer. but, whatever that is passed, one cannot undo.

yes. we are not party to your deal. so we can only hope that the seller after reading your predicament will offer some relief. but, do not bet on it. if one has to let it pass, do let it pass. too much negative energy dealing with what's passed is not good for one's health. it only bring ulcers and dioxins to your body. read: die younger.

i only heard your story first time here from you. i have not heard the other story. based on your description, i do empathize with you. count your blessings that you only need $1k to learn a lesson. some of us paid way more. you don't want to be in my shoes then.

now that you are in the hobby, why not enjoy the hobby as it is. there are many reefers way more cool and helpful than those that you have encountered. why stare at the tree, where you could have played the forest. you know what i mean.

have fun ...

QUOTE=yang yang]He sold me so call live rock which 50 percent of it was dead.

2) There's no proof of this transaction such as PMs and message. If there is, i will sure confront him without further say.

even verbal misrepresentation can be heard. but, that's besides the point.

let's take some math: 150kg for $800, i.e., $5.33 per kg. in the haste of thinking about beating the LFSs' pricey rocks at about $5.00 to $16.00. you ended up paying the same price. hahahahaha ... so it is not so bad after all.

Conclusion: I'm sharing my experience here. Not to get any redress. If my statement here does stumble any of the reef here, my apologies.

i am glad you are now happy. let's chill out sometime. i am sure you will enjoy the hobby as much as i do.

wah.. the eng from the lizard is tooo power to believe it's him..

are you the nut case who knows every scientific name to the reef species. :paiseh: hahaha ... let's chill out sometime too. let's cheong aquarama ... and please help me to rebuild my system. food drinks on me lor. but don't sell me rocks that is $5.33 per kg. hahahaha ... i am not so new you know. :pirate:

• SRC Member

whether the rocks are 50% dead or alive. you can see it or smell it. if you are not familiar with the hobby, then maybe you should have brought along another reefer to help you out.

have fun ...

I guess what has been offered as opinions and advice is certainly sound and objective. However, I reckon the mentioned complainant has also overlooked some possible consequences in his earlier remarks -

Firstly, based on circumstances, if you are already so finanically and psychologically affected, why should you still engage in such a expensive and time-consuming hobby?

I'm not here to discourage anyone from the hobby but I am sure since situation is that bad, some spare cash saved from the hobby as well as having more time to show attention to the sick would be a better alternative.

On the other hand, one should also note the language and remarks made and the potential legal consequences. Rich and famous politicians can be brought to bankrupt, as what we all came across, lest not saying someone who is financially strapped.

This may be an open forum, just like an open speech during an election rally. Whatever rash remarks made about another party will potentially carry its dire consequences.

Lets also assume that the seller mentioned here is rich as claimed. In the court of law, if there's ever a civil contest for damages or defamation, the financial claim are determine by the proportion of impact on the person's reputation and somehow factored with his or her current and future networth, financially and socially. Ie. in some basic logic, the richer he is, the larger the potential claim.

I guess it's an open forum but hurling direct abuse would only lead to potential dire consequences if the afflicted party seeks legal recourse. In a way you may probably end up benifiting him even more instead of seeking an avenue to vent your frustration about the past financial losses incurred.

As mentioned, the real world is somewhat cruel and only the fittest survives. A lot of time, our closest friends and colleagues may turn enemies for all the various reasons. I'm not advocating for all of us to turn evil but I reckon everyone of us need to practice some due dilligence on our purchases as well as excercise some caution on our own actions.

A hobby is for enjoyment, not resentment or to accumulate grudges. So lets enjoy it while we can and treasure every possible moment the things we have instead of dwelling in things we lost. Someone once told me - What you think you gained; you lost. And what you think you lost, you gain... :)

Quoted from another forum dogg*****e

I refer to the following news article from www.channelnewsasia.com. Please read and understand that you can be charged for something you post in an Internet forum such as Do***esite Forum.

DS would like all members to post responsibly and take ownership of your thoughts. Bear in mind freedom comes with responsibilities and consequences. Your freedom of speech stops when it becomes libel, slander, induces/encourages others to engage in illegal activities or, in many states, "fighting words" (These are things that you cannot say to another person and not expect them to become violent.)

Regards,

Admin

Two bloggers charged, under Sedition Act over racist remarks

SINGAPORE : For the first time in Singapore, two bloggers have been charged under the Sedition Act with making racist remarks.

Twenty-five-year-old Nicholas Lim Yew faces two charges and 27-year-old Benjamin Koh Song Huat faces three.

A subordinate court was told that both their blogs had racist content, which sparked off a heated discussion online.

The charges read that Lim had, on 16 and 17 June 2005, posted racist remarks on the general discussion forum of www.d********.com.

Koh was alleged to have done the same on 12, 15 and 17 June on another website, www.upsaid.com.

In doing so, they are alleged to have committed an act which had a seditious tendency.

This is defined as promoting feelings of ill-will and hostility between different races of the population of Singapore.

Both men are out on bail of S$10,000 each.

The case is expected be heard again on September 21.

A person is deemed to have committed an offence under the Sedition Act if he performs any act which has a seditious tendency, or conspires with any person to do so.

It is also an offence to utter any seditious words or to print, publish, sell, distribute, reproduce or import any seditious publication.

First time offenders can be fined up to S$5,000, or jailed up to three years, or both.

For subsequent offences, they can be jailed up to five years and have their seditious publications forfeited and destroyed. - CNA /ct

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member
As mentioned, the real world is somewhat cruel and only the fittest survives. A lot of time, our closest friends and colleagues may turn enemies for all the various reasons. I'm not advocating for all of us to turn evil but I reckon everyone of us need to practice some due dilligence on our purchases as well as excercise some caution on our own actions.

best paragraph i have read sooo far!

:D:D:D

my mummy always tell me, cannot swim dont blame swimming trunks too big.

kanna conned dont blame pple con you, when you dont read up enough, rush into getting things that are seemingly cheap, and think everyone in this world are angels and help others.

the fittest survive. the weak ones perish. sad fact of life.

• SRC Supporter

i have experince with another reefer whu is quite active in both here and another side.. but the problem is he have been delaying the payment of 30+ dollars to me for almost a year..

will gif him smoemore time if he still avoid me and ignore my msges i shall publish his nick soon.

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

i have experince with another reefer whu is quite active in both here and another side.. but the problem is he have been delaying the payment of 30+ dollars to me for almost a year..

will gif him smoemore time if he still avoid me and ignore my msges i shall publish his nick soon.

Think i also know 2 CON MAN who liao :evil: althought im also a new reefer, heng nearly tio con by the first person u guys mention, lucky that time BO MONEY so nv tio con haha and also must thx my friend/senior who is also in SRC told me SIANG SI CON MAN haha :bow: