Clowns and Anemones Only

Nitro

• SRC Member

Hi I'm starting my second marine tank, clowns and anemones only tank with the exception of 1x Humu Humu, 1x Rock beauty from Marshall Isle, 1x Blue tang.

Wonder if any reefers here got the experience of keeping anemones successfully in their tank for 2 years and more?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

i keep my RBTA with me for 1yr plus be4.. :) the present one with me for about half a yr.. and doing very good! :)

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png

• SRC Member

sometimes when i feed my fishes, the food will flow to them.. and the clown fish will feed them too.. it is growing and growing bigger each day.. :)

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

• SRC Member

erm.. don have a digi cam now leh.. and my sony ericsson w850 cannot take nice photo.. haha..

I think those that are brown and green have more chances for survival as I'd failed to keep the white and yelllow ones.

My anemones had gone through high nitrates and phosphates and survived .

I don't feed them as I find that they get energetic and walk around the tank after feeding a prawn.

But I have a chiller and I use HO t5's

Below is the anemone which I had for about 3 yrs,it can expand to 1 feet. :)

• SRC Member

sisreefer,

Nice anemones u've got. So a chiller is a must or juz room temp @ ard 28deg with a small fan will do?

I'm trying to see if I can keep a tankful of anemones with clown fish with minimum high consumption equipments. So far, bought abt 10 anemones and left one survival.

Now, I've a ext Ehiem filter, 2x PL 18watts from ZooMed, 1x fan. Next equipment to get is a Tunze Nano skimmer. That's all for equipments, don't plan to get anymore. Will try to post photos soon.

Why I'm setting up this project??? I hope I can keep clowns and anemones successfully and share my experiences with those who are keen on clowns and anemones. Wish me all the best, reefers!

• SRC Member

Pics are abit grainy and the tank has fine sand particle floating around too. Caused by the two Maroons who always sweep the sand bed from the centre as u can see from the pic above that the centre portion of the sand are swept to the sides.

• SRC Member

bro try changing your rockwork so you got more nooks and creaves so the base of the anemones can enter and hide.. once so i think they should be rather stable already... i realised that if they are not anchored properly they are more easily stresed out, and has a much reduced chance of survival...

• SRC Member

I noticed that you have three types of clownfishes inside you tank - maroon, clarki (the black and white) and the normal (orange/black) - so any problems with them living together? the last time I put the maroon and clarki together they fight rather badly.

• SRC Member

It's not Clarki, it Akindynoes, brought it from ML. Strange thing is I can't find the exact photos to ID cuz the shape, finnage etc are different. They look more like a Percula and Akin hybrid :o

So far abit of chasing but no serious fighting or biting observed.