Artificial Corals?

megatron

• SRC Member

clownfish will not host the artificial anemone..

yes, some of them are pretty real.. u can look for them at Reef Depot and Eco-Culture

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Hi oracle,

totally agree with you that no rubber coral can beat seeing the real thing.

but my tank temp is hovering at abt 31.5 degrees celcius

I'm not using a fan cos there will be a very high evaporation rate so need to top up water each day

also not using chiller cos i'm using a nano cube tank so not convenient to install chiller b'cos of the hood.

dun think any coral will survive at such high temp so the next best thing wld be

to get artificial ones. :blink:

much rather get the real thing but boh pian... :(

• SRC Member

For a tank that size it might not be worth the investment to get a chiller, and if you do not want to do water top-up, then unfortunately your only real choice is fake corals. I say "unfortunately" because the joy in this hobby is to see live corals and fish, not strangely-coloured rubber imitations. :(

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

Yo bro XPeriment 626,

dun understand why you said that it might not be worth the investment to get a chiller for a nano cube tank. I remember a fellow reefer, think his nick is marinesavvy (apologies if i made a typo) who managed to hook up his nano cube with a Resun CL280 chiller with no modification to his hood.

Yes, I agree with you that the joy of this hobby is seeing live corals interacting with the fishes. Right now, I have several fishes in my tank but somehow it just feels its missing something....