Sump

vagabond

• SRC Member
...... autocad to photoshop... im very technical.. ....was even thinking of doing in 3dsmax n animate but wait til im really bored to death n got nothing more senseful to do... hehehee

borrow leh ... i use excel draw until going crazy liao ... though o/p not bad .. :)

ANYONE has a return pump place outside design? show leh!!!

mydog.gif

• SRC Member
Nice diagram.

Can you tell me what is p/s?

Btw, what is used to get the water down from the main tank?

If the return pump to the main tank failed, will water overflow the sump?

Sorry....newbie asking stupid questions.

p/s as nicky have said is protein skimmer....

water to go down the tank, overflow system... usually custom made tanks comes with a built in overflow box with a drain at the bottom... in my case, i am using a prefilter overflow box....

it's true, if ur return pump fails water will overflow the sump... solution:

1) maintain the water in such a way that even if REVERSE FLOW happens, the water in the overflow box will dry up first before it can fill up the sump to overflow level....

2) make ur return pipe nearest possible to the water surface so once it grasps air, the REVERSE FLOW will stop... another way is drill a small hole at the return pipe just right above the water surface, it will weaken the return pressure abit but in case of return pump failure, it will cut off the siphon due to air sipping in the whole.

woh.. nice slump....

bro ah siao:

sump not slump lah...a few bros here mentioned to you liao...

trying to be different and unique ah :D

SLUMP: to fall or sink suddenly b : to drop or slide down suddenly : COLLAPSE <slumped to the floor>

SUMP: 1 : a pit or reservoir serving as a drain or receptacle for liquids: as a : CESSPOOL b : a pit at the lowest point in a circulating or drainage system (as the oil-circulating system of an internal combustion engine

:off: