Project Reef: Ocean's Three

redmushroom

• SRC Member

Anyway, after much thought, i have finally decided to give away my coral beauty. Dun wanna risk having my corals being nipped at in future when my tank stocks up. :(

As for who is going to get the coral beauty, i have decided to give it to the person who has expressed interest first... before going down the line. However, collection will have to be at my place. :)

1. Van Deam

2. totorofurby

3. Brownie

Van deam.. pls pm me your contact so that i can arrange a collection time. Totorofurby will be next in line if van deam changes his interest.. followed by Brownie.

Cheers!! :lol:

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
btw request for FTS pls haha

Haha my tank is still in transformation.... currently the fishes i bought are still in a containment box in the tank so it will be so ugly to take a FTS now.... :rolleyes:

Will do so once the fishes are released and i have a decent enough camera to make my tank look okay..... :lol::lol:

But i promise it will be soon la bro.... :)

• SRC Member
:D wow bro nice fish u have :D

ya FTS :lol::ooh:

Yup thanks bro..... hope the blackcap turns out well and fine in my tank....

It was feeding when i fed it just now.... so everything looks good for him so far.. :D

However, the laboutei and candy hog were still not eating yet when i fed some frozen brine shrimp......... :erm:

Wonder if any bros here have any method or food that you can recommend to help me get them to start eating...

• SRC Member

Oh so thats you! :lol:

How are your mushies doing? :whistle

Mushrooms are doin great... ;)

Ur tank is coming along nicely. Keep the updates goin.. :)

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member

hey bro Nice setup :)

can contact me via Pm :) left my number :) cheers .

6x2x2.5 FOWLR

Skimmer - Recirculating Custom Beckett Fr - Skimz Fr Return - OR6500/1262 Wavemaker - Tunze 6060 x 2 Light - 2x5ft FL Blue+White

Chiller - CL650

4x4x2 SPS

Skimmer - DeltecAP851 Fr - Skimz FR Return - OR6500 Wavemaker - 2xTunze wavebox +Ts24 Light - 3x250w MH + 8 ATi t5

CR - Deltec pF601s Chiller - Arctica Titanium Commercial Chiller

3.5x2x2 REEF

Skimmer - HnS150-2001 Fr - Skimz Fr Wavemaker - Tunze Ts 24 Return - 1262 Lights - Solite 2x150W MH + 4 Ati T5 CR - Skimz CR NR - Nr1000 Chiller - Arctica Titanium 1/5

• SRC Member
FTS!!! :lol: dun keep us in suspense lei..... :evil::evil::evil:

it's always great to see a new reef tank

wow...i'm third in line :heh: for the Coral Beauty... Cross fingers hahah

Haha cannot la bro... my tank is filled with containers now housing my recent acquisitions because i have yet to release them until they have acclimatized... so its quite unsightly to take a FTS with 3 boxes floating inside. :lol::lol:

So :paiseh::paiseh: to show my tank with mostly LRs and a few fishes.... haha but since so many have asked for it... i will try to take a shot once the fishes are released from their "cages".... :evil:

Anyway bro... dun worry... will surely contact you regarding my coral beauty should the 2 bros back out... :)

• SRC Member

Haha cannot la bro... my tank is filled with containers now housing my recent acquisitions because i have yet to release them until they have acclimatized... so its quite unsightly to take a FTS with 3 boxes floating inside. :lol::lol:

So :paiseh::paiseh: to show my tank with mostly LRs and a few fishes.... haha but since so many have asked for it... i will try to take a shot once the fishes are released from their "cages".... :evil:

Anyway bro... dun worry... will surely contact you regarding my coral beauty should the 2 bros back out... :)

hi redmushroom.

just wana chk wit you does your tank goi thru ann process?since we started almost the same time jus curious!

my tank now full of brown algae. what temp you set your artica? my set at 27.5 and it will kick in once hit 27.7 and will stop once reach 27.3.

is that normal for the chiller?

thx.

• SRC Member

hi redmushroom.

just wana chk wit you does your tank goi thru ann process?since we started almost the same time jus curious!

my tank now full of brown algae. what temp you set your artica? my set at 27.5 and it will kick in once hit 27.7 and will stop once reach 27.3.

thx.

Hi MAG,

Yup my tank went thru the ann process... probably due to some die off from the LR i got. Nitrite was detected at very low levels about 3 weeks ago, but last time i checked it again both ammonia and nitrite was undetectable already.

However, nitrate still remains at about 10-20mg/l and it seems to stay quite stagnant around this value for now. :look:

Diatom bloom apparently is quite normal for a newly set up tank so i think there should be no cause for concern as it will come and go. i have some on my sand bed too. Maybe what u can do is to reduce the intensity of your lighting for now or reduce the photoperiod... and that should help things a little i guess.

Haha and lastly, i've set my artica at 27deg for now. Might be lowering it to about 26deg or thereabouts once i have more corals in the tank.. but 27 is fine for fishes i reckon. Mine kicks in at 27.5deg and stops at 26.9deg... from what i have seen... altho i haven been watchin it closely to say for sure. Hmmm... as for yours... it seems to be "kicking in" between too small a range... so maybe u can gather more opinions from bros here to make a better informed conclusion as to whether is it normal?

Hope that helps bro...... :rolleyes:

• SRC Member
This pretty fella was finally released from his box just now. :P

Took a picture of him before i let him roam free in "my aphrodisiac". :whistle

This is a colorful wrasse.. a beauty to have in the tank ya :lol:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

hi redmushroom.

thx.

hey mag,

having your chiller set at a temp of 0.4 is very good albeit having the frequent kick in will definately harm your chiller and also cause more electrical surges.. means more money for PUB... :rolleyes:

please consider 1.5 to 2 degrees... :angel:

• SRC Member

hey mag,

having your chiller set at a temp of 0.4 is very good albeit having the frequent kick in will definately harm your chiller and also cause more electrical surges.. means more money for PUB... :rolleyes:

please consider 1.5 to 2 degrees... :angel:

HI JASMENT.

well tried reading the chiller guide to set what you suggested but cant seams to get it. maybe ill get the tank maker to explain to me.

so does that mean if i set my temp to 27.5, it will only auto on/chill when temp hit 28.5?

thx mushroom for your explaination.

• SRC Member

Did a water check just now. Here are the parameters:

Ammonia: Undetectable

Nitrite: Undetectable

Nitrate: 10mg/l

Phosphate: Undetectable

Anyway my laboutei has adapted well to the tank and its new environment. Was worried that it might be bullied by the other tank mates... but it seems he's assimilating well. :rolleyes:

But the blackcap and candy hog is still in an isolation box tho'. Wanted to let the royal gramma get used to the black cap's presence (they were opening their mouths very wide last night threatening each other :shock: ) before i finally release him... so as to boost the chances of them living in harmony. B)

Candy hog's still not very active in feeding yet..... so that'll have to be observed for now... :upsidedown:

• SRC Member

HI JASMENT.

well tried reading the chiller guide to set what you suggested but cant seams to get it. maybe ill get the tank maker to explain to me.

so does that mean if i set my temp to 27.5, it will only auto on/chill when temp hit 28.5?

thx mushroom for your explaination.

hey mag,

yup, if you set at 27.5, it means the chiller will stop running at 27.5.

depending on what chiller you're using, it will kick in 1 -2 degrees from what you've set..

sorry mushie for diluting your thread...

:off: