Percula Clown Pair Fighting

• SRC Member

Hi,

My Percula Clown Pair have been fighting for weeks. I thought that they will stop fighting after a while. Weeks have past and they are still fighting! :angry: The male's top fin had been biten off by the female!

I only have that pair in my 2ft tank setup. :yeah: Should I introduce another fish in order to distract them so that they will stop fighting? I am actually thinking of introducing a Clarkii. Any suggestions?

Hi,

My Percula Clown Pair have been fighting for weeks. I thought that they will stop fighting after a while. Weeks have past and they are still fighting! :angry: The male's top fin had been biten off by the female!

I only have that pair in my 2ft tank setup. :yeah: Should I introduce another fish in order to distract them so that they will stop fighting? I am actually thinking of introducing a Clarkii. Any suggestions?

Intoducing the Clarkii will not help, but MAY make it worse.

Clowns are territorial unless they are mated pair ;)

I have not such problem.

Usually my fighting arise from different spieces.

(Maroon beat - tomato. tomato beat clown)

U may like to introduce a reasonable size anemone..?

both will reside there, n "fight" off intruders, like my percula..does.

but other fishes does seem to be affected by my percula bites..

hehe..

trust me I've seen maxifire's two clown fishes having a go at each other. he bought them as a mated pair from Coralfarm, but due to his fan breaking down one day, his fish probably got stressed out and they started fighting each other.

the smaller one, the male, has had its fins bitten off. the upper dorsal I think. not too sure on fish anatomy. and its normally the bigger one, the female, picking out on it first. however the male sometimes wants to have a go at it as well.