matis shrimp

• SRC Member

Any pro out there got any method to catch this bugger, i don knw the location cos don seen to saw any sign of it only hear the sound. I sure it a mantis cos my fish all has the same sign before die in the middle of the body damage by something. Need to get it out quick.

• SRC Member

remove all the rocks and pput in ur sump and stock ur sump with trigger then.

girlone.png

Any pro out there got any method to catch this bugger, i don knw the location cos don seen to saw any sign of it only hear the sound. I sure it a mantis cos my fish all has the same sign before die in the middle of the body damage by something. Need to get it out quick.

I saw mantis shrimp trap in one LFS $10 but I don't knoe how effective it is.

RED SEA MAX - BLACK, JBJ ARCTICA DBA-075, HYDOR PRIME 30, VORTECH MP10

• SRC Member

:huh:

personally i havent heard the mantis trap actually traps any mantis.

most of the successful stories comes from a stakeout and wipe-out concept.

blood the tank with meaty stuff,

wait for it to surface (sometimes it dont :( ),

once its out, localise its position and take that piece of rock out,

boil it, flush it or throw it away :evil: .

So save your $10 and disappointment that comes with it,

do a stakeout and wipe-out approach.

Labour and time consuming but the rewards is ....... your LS are henceforth SAFE !!! :D

• SRC Member

I saw mantis shrimp trap in one LFS $10 but I don't knoe how effective it is.

Brought it dun seem to be quite effective, maybe can try flood the tank with henry food and see how, to remove all the rock is like i going to decom liao. with all the coral die.

Brought it dun seem to be quite effective, maybe can try flood the tank with henry food and see how, to remove all the rock is like i going to decom liao. with all the coral die.

Follow bro sadist recommendation, so far I never encounter mantis since I am using astificial rock. But I got some hitchiker crabs in the coral that I bought, no choice I just kill it before became pest. I kill those bugger with satay skewer, just locate the where the hole take the skewer then poke the hole until it die or impaled with skewer.

RED SEA MAX - BLACK, JBJ ARCTICA DBA-075, HYDOR PRIME 30, VORTECH MP10

• SRC Member

Latest report my golden angel just wack by the mantis die, sian sometime very discouraging to have this kind of thing that really put my morale down. I keep on hearing the sound by dun seem to see it, i assume it is preying. this bugger kill my flame, blue eye anthias, and now my golden lately i also see my regal body injured which i don think will attack the side. It seem more like a ambush attack. One of this day when i get it, i will breed it and then for generation i will make them fat fat then cook it like the hong kong fav dish lai nie ha(fry mantis prawn)haha......

post-21-1189869370.jpg

• SRC Member

Walao you sadist ah seek revenge.

girlone.png

• SRC Member

Ha ha sorry bro i not a vegetarian, i like drunken prawn, butter prawn and yet to try mantis prawn. Why not since i seldom see any selling mantis prawn maybe i can try to breed for the community . haha Big fish eat small fish , we eat big fish it a cycle, Lucky we not in the Jurassic period if not someone we will be in the food chain.

• SRC Member

I tried la liu har but thought it was a koind of lousy lobster. Now that ruins my appetite after I know it a monster, LOL. I love Lai Liu Har but thinking of this monster, I vomit. LOL

Now I start to realise that "Har pou" noodle also mantis shrimp

I dont like sea cucumber but most of family loves them. Dare not tell them that sea cucumber eats shit.

• SRC Member
I tried la liu har but thought it was a koind of lousy lobster. Now that ruins my appetite after I know it a monster, LOL. I love Lai Liu Har but thinking of this monster, I vomit. LOL

Now I start to realise that "Har pou" noodle also mantis shrimp

I dont like sea cucumber but most of family loves them. Dare not tell them that sea cucumber eats shit.

Then the more u should eat them liao dun give chance but i knw they taste good. Har pou i think it belong to the loster famliy if i not wrong. i did see one LFS selling and i ask him for food. He say no lah for keeping, hmm curious who might like to have them as pet....... :whistle

• SRC Member

Then the more u should eat them liao dun give chance but i knw they taste good. Har pou i think it belong to the loster famliy if i not wrong. i did see one LFS selling and i ask him for food. He say no lah for keeping, hmm curious who might like to have them as pet....... :whistle

Lai liu har actually got the name this way because when the chef takes it out, it will urine like baby, LOL. Why such an agrgessive thing will urine like baby, LOL.

Revenge? Later when some reefer sell a coral with mantis, they will revenge you first. LOL. Better keep them away, peace. That makes my life better.

Some people keep ants for pets! Yikes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

This is my suggestion....

Sell all my remaining fish since replacements are easily available in LFS.

Without any fish, no feeding is required and so leave the tank without food for a few days.

Then I setup a trap using a stocking with a piece of food that is extremely fishy smell to lure him out.

How's that?

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

• SRC Member

If got clicking sound go buy those big sandsifting gobies the next thing you know they build house together.

girlone.png

• SRC Member
If got clicking sound go buy those big sandsifting gobies the next thing you know they build house together.

ummm, this is a better idea! but mostly will work with pistol shrimp. whats if thats a mantis?

Ah beng today has one big mantis bout 5" long. I dont know whats inside the plastic bag with newspaper so flipped over this bag. The mantis walloped the plastic and hit my finger. It really hurts. They are strong!

• SRC Member

Mantis dun make clicking sound.

girlone.png