Propagation tank

ryanlio

• SRC Member

oh yes.. forgot to add.. yes.. i do 10% water change weekly..

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

sigh.. overseas posting for 2weeks or more.. need to fail-proof my system liao..

any bro can advise some of the potential catastrophic event that may happen?

• SRC Member
Hi peacemaker,

yup, did think about it.. in fact i even bought the trays. size is perfect.. thing is.. either i have another mini fridge to freeze these, being coverless, i think its gonna stink up the fridge.. possible incurring wrath of CFO.. :D:D:D

post-3704-1211301402.jpg

Thought I saw in another pic that you wanted to freeze the slabs in zip lock bags? You could zip lock the whole cube tray... double layer for extra protection, against smell and more importantly, against CFO's wrath. :whistle

• SRC Member
Thought I saw in another pic that you wanted to freeze the slabs in zip lock bags? You could zip lock the whole cube tray... double layer for extra protection, against smell and more importantly, against CFO's wrath. :whistle

By slab i meant fill up with ziplock with food so that it freezes into a slab.. but bro.. that is a good idea!!!.. I'll do that for my next batch... Cheers.

haha....can put 7 to 9 bags....totally seal off the smell....think that is how the murderer packaged huang na's body.....

Thanks for sharing your receipt. Hehe...wanted to try doing but think my mum will kill me if i use her blender.....lol.....

mounbatten is near aljunied?.......

Me thinking of setting up a zoas and mushroom garden...if you all have any small frag and willing to sell...do inform me.....

By slab i meant fill up with ziplock with food so that it freezes into a slab.. but bro.. that is a good idea!!!.. I'll do that for my next batch... Cheers.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

Bro, regards of the 2 weeks stint...i do believe that you better get someone to oversee these propagation. Dun joke, 2 weeks...anything can happen...i was only away for few days and some corals are wiped off.

Not tryin to scare you but just to bring the issue upfront.

:D

Better train up a jarga for you...lol...

had given a thought to have UPSs for setup by the space for big capacity and money are simply too shocking to equip. Notwithstanding the fact to do routine battery check and replacement.

For the system to run on its own, think must have those controller with dosage pump and feeder(another costing). However, once this is in place, the power to all these unit must be taken into serious consideration.

Hence, everyday just praying hard nothing happens.

Any good and cheap recommendation? Anyone got standby battery operated pump? My friend used that during the power interruption. Think it is good at least to supply water movement and oxygen. As for heat, maybe can use manual faning....however...all this require physical person to react...

Bro, regards of the 2 weeks stint...i do believe that you better get someone to oversee these propagation. Dun joke, 2 weeks...anything can happen...i was only away for few days and some corals are wiped off.

Not tryin to scare you but just to bring the issue upfront.

:D

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

Managed to get my buddy to monitor my tank.. phew..

I think can travel in peace liao...

anyways... some interesting news for reefers that are on Aquatronica..

Aquatronica takes pleasure in presenting its new products to the public. They enrich its electronic control systems with new and interesting functions:

* Its new, more modern and more functional design makes the new Aquarium Controller (ACQ110) a true furnishing item; its functions remain unaltered so as to guarantee total reliability in controlling and managing your aquarium.

* The new Aquatronica Interfaces are characterised by a new, more ergonomic and functional shape; the special matching bracket makes it possible to house them everywhere. Their electronics instead remains unaltered.

* The Lights Dimmer 0-10V module (ACQ250) will allow to adjust the on period and lighting intensity of the lamps with neon installed in your aquarium; the lamps can be programmed via PC or via Controller.

* With the Pumps Dimmer module (ACQ455), it will be possible to install and control Hydor Koralia reciprocating pumps inside your Aquarium Controller system, so Wave and Tide effects are reproduced. Its quick and simple programming can be done from a PC or directly from the Controller.

* The new "Easy Plug" range of power units (ACQ005), to be combined with the Multitester (ACQ150) to manage 2 sockets depending on the data detected on the two sensors connected to the Multitester, is now wider: now it also includes the UK (ACQ005-UK) and Australia (ACQ005-AUS) versions.

* As of today, the spare part for dosing pumps (ACQ426) will allow the dosing pump kit (ACQ450) to always be in perfect operation at top performance.

Come discover the new Aquatronica products in the products section!

• SRC Member

Its really a good and cool prducts...may invest one in future.

Worth the investments! And bro, hheng ah! get someone to maintain your tank!

good to hear that! :D

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Hi Bro, basically its a concept i refer off reef central. 2 for overflow and 2 for return. This design will ensure the overflow will be absolutely quiet whilst providing for redundancy. The overflow height are of 2 levels. So I basically tune the amount of overflow to cover the 1st overflow fully (reducing the noise). So in any case when the first overflow gets stuck (Murphy's law), then the water will raise over the 2nd overflow (which acts as backup)... So far, very happy with results. Feel free to drop by should u wanna reference. Cheers.

• SRC Member
Hi peacemaker,

yup, did think about it.. in fact i even bought the trays. size is perfect.. thing is.. either i have another mini fridge to freeze these, being coverless, i think its gonna stink up the fridge.. possible incurring wrath of CFO.. :D:D:D

post-3704-1211301402.jpg

Hi, may I know where u bought the ice cube trays from? Have been searching around but so far no luck.

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member
Hi, may I know where u bought the ice cube trays from? Have been searching around but so far no luck.

Bro,

Can pass mine to u as I've not used it since i bought it. better to freeze it in thin slabs though.