My First Marine Tank 24G

scubajazz

• SRC Member

K, the skimmer will hv noise, like the whishing sound but it can be heard when u open the hood but is bearable quite soft. If I close the hood I can't hear it, I am sitting my tank as I am replying u now.

I clear the stuff in my second compartment, only the skimmer is there. I put the bio ring first then the charcoal, then the black sponge (come with the nano) and then 2 layer of filter wool in the first compartment. Between the 2nd compartment and the 3rd compartment, there is a gap where the water flow to the 3rd I insert a small piece of filter wool there and throw another piece of filter wool in the 3rd compartment (this is minmise the micro air bubble flowing back to the main tank) Initially u will still see lot of micro air bubble but after running it for a few hours it will disappear (for my case)

Point to note, play with skimmer in the main tank first, so that u can adjust the level it need to place in the tank to see it skimming, remember the position n then place it in the compartment and adjust it to the level for it to work, cause putting it in the compartment is a bit tricky as it fits just nicely.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Wah coraline algae spreading already.

girlone.png

Your Sexy Shrimps look very SEXY :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: Must add some after CNY :angel:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Hopefully they can survive in my tank, sometimes they eat n swim happily :bow: , n sometimes they dun want to eat n stay near the magnetic float or at one corner :cry: , think tomorrow go n buy some rotifers to try n make them eat more. Been in the tank for 1 week now

• SRC Member

Just wanna ask do the favia coral grow n attach itself to the rock cause mine is now stuck to the rock n I wanna shift it cause the back of it is turning a bit white which I think due to being stung by the green star polyp which is growing n is touching it.

Can I use force to detach it or just leave it.

• SRC Member

Hey what do u guys feed ur true percula, mine very fussy dun wanna eat brine shrimp n pellets, just eat n spit the food out, been a week now. Now trying out roti-feast from Aquamarin, thinks it is eating it but very expensive leh, any other cheap food to try.

Lucky yesterday night my cleaner shrimp spawn again for the fourth time n all the fishes including the true percula go crazy eating the small frys. This time was lucky to see it spawn right before my eyes, it just shoot out like sperms, think got at least a hundred of fry but was eaten up in less than five mins.

• SRC Member
Hey what do u guys feed ur true percula, mine very fussy dun wanna eat brine shrimp n pellets, just eat n spit the food out, been a week now. Now trying out roti-feast from Aquamarin, thinks it is eating it but very expensive leh, any other cheap food to try.

Lucky yesterday night my cleaner shrimp spawn again for the fourth time n all the fishes including the true percula go crazy eating the small frys. This time was lucky to see it spawn right before my eyes, it just shoot out like sperms, think got at least a hundred of fry but was eaten up in less than five mins.

u can try this reefer, Winger24. He brings in some frozen rotipods which is similar to roti-feast. Only problem, u need to thaw it. But hey, u cant have the best of both worlds.

Alternatively, u can try pellet food. slowly wean them over.

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
Taken some shots of these 2 cute burgers, just luv the way they swim, hopefully they can survive in my tank

was looking out for hamburgers.. only to realised u meant buggers.. hahaha :paiseh:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.