Where can I shop to kick start marine aquaria ho?

toad

Hi all,

I was surfing the net for info on setting up a marine aquarium and came upon this wonderful forum..... I'm totally new to this hobby and i dun haf an aquarium yet... but I've been having plans for one...

but to kick things off.. i've been considering the rearing of jellyfishes because they appear relatively simple to rear (at least that's what i've heard from others). Problem is I have no idea where i could go in Singapore to do my shopping. I've been searching through this site for the shops i could visit, and have heard good recommendations for places like Reborn... is there anyone who could give me the directions and also advices? I stay in the West, in Jurong East... where would it be convenient?

:thanks:

• SRC Member

Welcome to the forum. For a start, you could read the sticky threads and the websites mentioned in those threads.

Not to discourage you from keeping jellyfish, but from what i know about jellyfish in captivity, it isn't easy.

IMO, it wil be much easier to start off with a fowlr and keep damsels or clownfish.

• SRC Member

Reborn is at Lavender or near Race Course Road. (near Balestier) can take MRT to Lavender MRT station and then hop in to a cab. There's a ton of fishes and accessories. Not too bad.

There are shops near Clementi MRT station you can visit. You can also visit those at Pasir Ris Farmway. Cheers!

• SRC Member
Reborn is at Lavender or near Race Course Road. (near Balestier) can take MRT to Lavender MRT station and then hop in to a cab. There's a ton of fishes and accessories. Not too bad.

There are shops near Clementi MRT station you can visit. You can also visit those at Pasir Ris Farmway. Cheers!

no need take cab la... hahah..

from lavender mrt station, you exit on the left side (facing the travel agency) and see a bus stop. wait for bus 145. Bus 145 would turn left into lavender street and Reborn is found about four bus stops away, the bus stop after the lavender foodcourt. Look out for the big blue shophouse plate on your left side you shouldn't miss it. if you miss it u would find Paradiz Reef anyway..

...what are u missing from your life?... dun wait till your last breathe before telling them that you care

Hey!

Would like to thank all very much for the surprisingly immediate response! Must have been my lucky day to chance upon this forum cuz the folks here are really very responsive and spontaneous!

I've made a trip to Hong Leong Gardens today and having seen the variety of creatures there, i've abandoned the idea of juz buying a jellyfish (and also with all the advice abt its short lifespan in captivity). Prob going to prep a real marine tank. Now gotta consider the suitable tank size cuz of space contraints at home...

Erm, this nice chap called Octo came along and offered to help me work out suitable specifications for a tank... said he heard from the rest of the folks around and decided to come to my assistance... so really gotta thank u guys again! :thanks:

Prob going to make a trip to Reborn and see if i could get some advice there as well!!! :)

I dropped by Reborn today... saw quite a lot of things there... but would like to look around other shops besides the one at Hong Leong and Reborn... gotta do abit of homework firz before is tart somewhere.... any suggestions?

try PR at race coruse rd and also SL at balestier