Jervis' Reefing Renaissance

jervismun

Let me reintroduce my Red Mushroom... been with me for ages :rolleyes:

post-6096-1200490420.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A close up shot of an old colony of Zoas... planning to get more nice Zoas in the coming weeks :eyebrow:

post-6096-1200490514.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Last but not least... must thanks a reefer for selling me this healthy True Octo :whistle

post-6096-1200490669.jpg

• SRC Member
A close up shot of an old colony of Zoas... planning to get more nice Zoas in the coming weeks :eyebrow:

Think zoas gonna be a hot items among reefer soon again ya :eyebrow::eyebrow: How abt setting up a ric garden ? :upsidedown:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

Think zoas gonna be a hot items among reefer soon again ya :eyebrow::eyebrow: How abt setting up a ric garden ? :upsidedown:

I thought Zoas have always been HOT :pirate: Once the tank has been seasoned... maybe will add in some nice Rics :rolleyes:

Very nice mushroom u hv there and also the zoas

Thanks bro... believe it or not... the colony started with 1 polyp that came with a piece of live rock :unsure:

Bad news! The larger Two Spot Goby is MIA the whole day :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: Very sad :cry:

But on a brighter note... picked up this huge Goniopora :D Can see it slowly extending :whistle

post-6096-1200571568.jpg

I wonder what is there to "suck" on my artificial rock :eyeblur: :eyeblur: :eyeblur:

post-6096-1200578983.jpg

Glad to share with you guys 51% savings on power consumption... the lighting is a little "borderline" at the moment... might need to add a bit more fire power if there's a necessity :unsure:

post-6096-1200583228.jpg

Time to feature my Elegance :D Just get a relatively normal specimen to test out first :unsure:

post-6096-1200655367.jpg

I purposely choose this piece for its long tentacles... superb waving effect :eyebrow:

th_MOV07797.jpg

My Grotech HEA200... still in honeymoon mode <_<

post-6096-1200659508.jpg

• SRC Member
My Grotech HEA200... still in honeymoon mode <_<

Honeymoon stage is yet to "Conquer" Wait till it has "Conquer'ED" then the sesame paste will break it.... Saw ur elegance, feels like its dancing with the waves happily :upsidedown:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

Honeymoon stage is yet to "Conquer" Wait till it has "Conquer'ED" then the sesame paste will break it.... Saw ur elegance, feels like its dancing with the waves happily :upsidedown:

Yeah, like its doing the cha cha! :D

• SRC Member

How come u need feeding pump for ur chiller bro? If can get an external return pump with strong height to supply to chiller b4 returning to tank u'd save a lot cos ur chiller wont need to work so hard chilling away the heat from 2 internal aquabees.

It will take a long while to achieve sesame paste... unless I start to stock heavily... or add a school of Chromis :eyebrow: Whether the Elegance can withstand such wave in the long run... has yet to be seen :unsure:

Yeah, like its doing the cha cha! :D

It's more like Hula (Hawaiian dance) :ooh:

How come u need feeding pump for ur chiller bro? If can get an external return pump with strong height to supply to chiller b4 returning to tank u'd save a lot cos ur chiller wont need to work so hard chilling away the heat from 2 internal aquabees.

Yeah I got your point there... but actually my 2 internal Aquabees produce must lesser heat (consume less power) than a large capacity external pump. The smaller Aquabees are a lot quieter too... and cheaper to maintain and replace.

Finally made up my mind... added a JBJ K2 Viper 150W Clip-on MH today... love the effect :)

Now let me recalculate my power consumption :pinch:

post-6096-1200670258.jpg

The fixture comes with a JBJ 14000ºK bulb... will use it for the time being :)

th_MOV07813.jpg

Video taken during feeding mode (Wavebox not active)... aren't my Anthias lovely :wub:

• SRC Member
I purposely choose this piece for its long tentacles... superb waving effect :eyebrow:

th_MOV07797.jpg

nice nice~ ur video got background music somemore. dancing with the music~ ^_^

how i wish i have a wavebox :pinch:

hows the pair of lovebirds doing? :wub:

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

hows the pair of lovebirds doing? :wub:

MIA :cry: :cry: :cry:

New table after adding the 150W MH :unsure:

post-6096-1200712459.jpg