Jervis' Reefing Renaissance

jervismun

Nothing much to update... no new development for the weekend except for this :eyebrow: A newer and much better lens... hopefully can take better FTS :yeah: Getting ready for my Japan trip :peace:

Congrat Bo..., I have this lens also Carl Zeis 16-80DT it's sharp lens but distortion is bad in my opinion. What macro lens you use now?

RED SEA MAX - BLACK, JBJ ARCTICA DBA-075, HYDOR PRIME 30, VORTECH MP10

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrat Bo..., I have this lens also Carl Zeis 16-80DT it's sharp lens but distortion is bad in my opinion. What macro lens you use now?

Bad distortion? <_< Damn! Then what kinda lens am I suppose to use? G series? :pinch: I'm using the Sony 50mm F2.8 Macro :) Gotto get a telephoto too before the trip :nc:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

My tank is 2 ft tall only... that makes life a lot easier :D I use a pair of stainless thong (sometimes I use plastic thong) to reach the sand dwellers :)

hmm... bro, i think you have a weird hobby like me... but usually i'll use thongs.

But yes, i think 2ft is just about right, any deeper, gonna have major problem reaching the bottom of the tank.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

Bad distortion? <_< Damn! Then what kinda lens am I suppose to use? G series? :pinch: I'm using the Sony 50mm F2.8 Macro :) Gotto get a telephoto too before the trip :nc:

I don't know why Sony lens (ex-Minolta) is priced more expensive than Canon or Nikon, the G lenses are priced like crazy. I never have G lens before but I know Nikon makes very very good wide angle lenses my favorite was AFS 17-35 F2.8 ED.

Good tele lens will be 70-200 F2.8G SSM, but costly 3.5k(Canon and Nikon for the same focal length and better built quality is cost less than 3k). I am going for holiday to States next month, I will check whether I can get better price there.

RED SEA MAX - BLACK, JBJ ARCTICA DBA-075, HYDOR PRIME 30, VORTECH MP10

A semi-aerial view using my new lens :eyebrow:

post-6096-1203424253.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Have not feature my True Octo for a long time... today is that fateful day :lol: :lol: :lol:

post-6096-1203427160.jpg

Am glad that the seafan is still looking amazingly healthy... the polyps will open up almost at all times :whistle I feed my corals every day (Mon to Fri) :rolleyes:

Time to add more seafans and filter feeders!

post-6096-1203427196.jpg

Going for Holiday or Business trip, anyway have a enjoyable trip

Holiday lah... spring break :eyebrow: Need a couple of days away from my tank :evil:

reaching soon.. lol :P

Shh.... :whistle :whistle :whistle

Bro jervis,

You using wavy sea right?(from the pic)

How you find it? :unsure:

Yeah I'm using it... pretty useful actually... but most reefers would rather spend the money on controllable wavemakers instead :unsure:

Nice FTS, taken with your new CZ lens at 16mm end? Do you notice the barrel effect?

Emm... I will try to take some shots tomorrow at 16mm... I am curious to find out too... but generally... this CZ lens is so much better in capturing details, colours and lights compared to the FOC China lens that came with the body :lol:

Second last pix of the day... this Finger Leather Coral shows very interesting colouration when not extending its polyps... :whistle

post-6096-1203438386.jpg

My one and only SPS... purple plating Montipora I introduced during the last month's AM shipment... been in my tank for 3 weeks now... but somehow... the purple is not very intense <_< Will give it some more time :unsure: Might add 1 or 2 more SPS colonies in the coming weeks... maybe Digitata :heh:

post-6096-1203438656.jpg

• SRC Member
My one and only SPS... purple plating Montipora I introduced during the last month's AM shipment... been in my tank for 3 weeks now... but somehow... the purple is not very intense <_< Will give it some more time :unsure: Might add 1 or 2 more SPS colonies in the coming weeks... maybe Digitata :heh:

:lol::lol::lol: you should know, purple monti need strong light to bring its full glory :lol:

age.png

:lol::lol::lol: you should know, purple monti need strong light to bring its full glory :lol:

Yeah my bad... I thought placing it directly under my 150W MH (magnetic ballast) would suffice <_<

Update on my RBTA... sitting high up by the overflow comb... can't figure out what is it up to :blink:

post-6096-1203513607.jpg

So is it in time for the Cherry Blossom period, was there 2 years back at Tokyo during early April, very nice. No wonder you bought new lens ready to go there snapping happily. :eyebrow:

As you know... "catching Sakura" is not that easy... timing can be unpredictable at times... I am hoping to catch it this year as I will be traveling to Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe and Himeji... to really put my lens to the test :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
As you know... "catching Sakura" is not that easy... timing can be unpredictable at times... I am hoping to catch it this year as I will be traveling to Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe and Himeji... to really put my lens to the test :eyebrow:

Wah so many place at one time, must be spending 2 weeks or more than. I was there for 1 week, n it was the ending period of the Sakura. Enjoy your trip man, nice place, nice food and enjoy ur shopping too.