Jervis' Reefing Renaissance

jervismun

Time to look at my Baby Maximas... can you see what I can see? :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

post-6096-1201085511.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if u cant find them rem to ask the aunty :P

Like this? "Aunty where are the cute-cute clam-clam?" :evil: :evil: :evil:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Time to look at my Baby Maximas... can you see what I can see? :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

You guys really cannot see it? Do I have to flip the image up-side-down for you guys? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey bro, just to check yah. Did CF bring in a lot of those black ocellaris or just a few? Thinking of going down... :)

A couple of hundreds :ooh: :ooh: :ooh:

Here's something to share with a fellow reefer... currently I have the following cleaning crew:

2 x Black Sea Cucumber

2 x Blue-legged Hermit (medium)

2 x Zebra Hermit (small)

1 x Sand Dollar

8 x Snails (various sizes)

post-6096-1201093253.jpg

This is how I feed dried seaweed to my Tangs... superglued the seaweed clip to a magnet cleaner for better mobility... at least I don't have to dip my hand into the tank :eyebrow: What a FAT PBT I have :pinch:

post-6096-1201100012.jpg

Bought this Sea Fan yesterday... all polyps open up nicely today :) Too bad it's not bright intense red :(

post-6096-1201100049.jpg

Mid tank shot with all 4 Ocellaris Clown in the frame... they are still looking for a home <_< The bridge's shadow casted by the MH above adds depth to the tank :)

post-6096-1201100216.jpg

A close-up shot of my lovely True Octo :whistle

post-6096-1201100361.jpg

Introduced 2 small Cleaner Shrimps yesterday...

post-6096-1201101898.jpg

... and all my tank residents queue up patiently for "carwash" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

th_MOV08001.jpg

• SRC Member
Hi Jervis,

What do u intend to place under the bridge? :rolleyes:

yup!! y not stick some suns on the underside of the bridge?? looks cool... lol...

Hi Jervis,

What do u intend to place under the bridge? :rolleyes:

Emm... I have not really decided really... as I have the MH and the ATI PM T5 on at different intervals (overlapping for 3 hours)... the shadowed area will still get some light throughout the day... perhaps I should keep it empty :) In a fish tank... empty space is luxury :D

yup!! y not stick some suns on the underside of the bridge?? looks cool... lol...

Sun Coral... emm... never really like them actually... I find them demanding too much attention... both manual feeding and visual... they tend to fight hard for attention (like a troubled child) :shock:

Very cool tank u have there bro, the black background is good contrast for your stuff.

Thanks bro... yeah I am very pleased with it actually... really made all the back-breaking effort to restart the tank worth it... now the challenge is how to add more corals without causing visual clutterness... I want the tank to look pleasing and calming... definitely easier said than done (with all the temptations around) :eyebrow:

is that a super big gonio?

Yupe... it's the size of a foot ball :whistle and surprisingly extending quite well under the constant pounding from my Wavebox (for 12 hours a day when the Wavebox runs full force)... will try to get some other colours in the coming weeks :)

get some rare colored gonio. some exotic colors.

Yeah... since I am getting more confident now... all tank inhabitants seem happy and well :D