need information on clams

shiok

• SRC Member

We really cannot define whther it is healthy if you never give us your tank spec.... But that clam of yours seem to be stretching out for lights

Lights- 2x24w 6500k and 1x55w T4 PL white light,2x18w t4 PL with blue and white.

NO2-0

N03-12.5MG\L or less

Cal-500ppm using sera maybe not accurate

PH-8.5

No sump and no PS

using overflow system with 1 cannister and 1x1200l\h PH

2inchs DSB

Temp-26.5 to 27.8

Tank 2mth old

post-6-1069123311.jpg

My decomm 4ft FOWLR

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how come i see only one light on the tank? r u sure you are able to squeeze so many tubes into your tank? :ph34r:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

Have add another tube of white light :D and my clam seem more relax now :lol: would like to know is it more tube the better? would to strong light affect my other livestock eg. mushroom?

btw does clam needs strong current? and can anyone tells me wat the thing the black seed like things the clam split out?

Have add another tube of white light :D and my clam seem more relax now :lol: would like to know is it more tube the better? would to strong light affect my other livestock eg. mushroom?

btw does clam needs strong current? and can anyone tells me wat the thing the black seed like things the clam split out?

No clam only need gentle current which is just enoguh to slightly sway is mantle will do......... anyway the higher wattage of light for clam the better and apply especially to crocea and maxima

• SRC Member

so u mean t5 can keep clams??? :lol:

i place my clams on top.. and t5 directly on top of it... :)

keeping marine change my life cycle.. i wake up early in the morning to watch my fish...

i think i can sell away the television set in my room... LOls...

television is useless now... ;)

so u mean t5 can keep clams???  :lol:

i place my clams on top.. and t5 directly on top of it...  :)

keeping marine change my life cycle.. i wake up early in the morning to watch my fish...

i think i can sell away the television set in my room... LOls...

television is useless now...  ;)

yes but only high wattage and many tubes of t5s

• SRC Member

Your clam is probably moving cause it's not happy with where you're placing it.. Try changing position and hopefully it'll be happier..

Or maybe one of your more voracious fish like damsel is toppling it over.. Unlikely though but do keep a close watch on why it is moving..

And as for me I think that 2x55w should be ok for a 2 footer.. I place my clam right right on top and it seems to be opening pretty alright and is stationary.. It's colours are all totally beautiful as well.. But if I'm wrong pls correct me.. My clam's been living there happily for awhile already though..

• SRC Member

metal halide is the best for keeping clams, but be careful not to fry the clam by placing it too close to the metal halide.

i read somewhere that clams are very choosy about the food they eat, and only eat plankton with specific shapes and sizes, therefore, many of those stuff bought in shops will not do. is it true?

Your clam is probably moving cause it's not happy with where you're placing it.. Try changing position and hopefully it'll be happier..

Or maybe one of your more voracious fish like damsel is toppling it over.. Unlikely though but do keep a close watch on why it is moving..

And as for me I think that 2x55w should be ok for a 2 footer.. I place my clam right right on top and it seems to be opening pretty alright and is stationary.. It's colours are all totally beautiful as well.. But if I'm wrong pls correct me.. My clam's been living there happily for awhile already though..

Why don't you post some pic of your clam ;););)