My Saddest Day in Early 2008

thedidavid

Do you think its possible that your lights gave out too much heat and caused the top part of the acrylic to be unevenly overheated while the bottom part is cooled by the water and that caused it to crack?

Do you think its possible that your lights gave out too much heat and caused the top part of the acrylic to be unevenly overheated while the bottom part is cooled by the water and that caused it to crack?

I am still using standard lighting 2 x 55w PL, they guy who cracke his RSM in states modified the lighting into Mh.

If I can prove there is defect inherint from the product I can ask them to pay all the other damages but too bad this is difficult to do matter. I heard from LFS tank maker that curved corner tank has bigger chance to crack compared to custom made tank with silicon joint. The silicon joint is flexible to accomodate glass expansion/contraction. :eyeblur:

RED SEA MAX - BLACK, JBJ ARCTICA DBA-075, HYDOR PRIME 30, VORTECH MP10

• SRC Member

Good luck bro i'll support u on ur back.Dun give up.If it cracks again get another tank not RSM.

girlone.png

I am still using standard lighting 2 x 55w PL, they guy who cracke his RSM in states modified the lighting into Mh.

If I can prove there is defect inherint from the product I can ask them to pay all the other damages but too bad this is difficult to do matter. I heard from LFS tank maker that curved corner tank has bigger chance to crack compared to custom made tank with silicon joint. The silicon joint is flexible to accomodate glass expansion/contraction. :eyeblur:

Dont give up, :angel: :angel:

the good thing is u can start over again and come back bigger stronger better. :paiseh: :paiseh:

Hi , mine tank once happen before , and it was a 3ftx2.5x2.5 . I tell you , it was a worse nightmare I ever had during that time . It was exactly the same crack . For no reason the tank just split . All my LS die, my heart about to die as well . Well hope everything will turn out well again , good luck. :)

sorry to hear that bro,

But in my opinion 8 mm of glass/acrylic seems like too thin for marine tank.

8mm fresh water tank is ok, but for marine I am suspicious cos you would be putting in rocks, salt ... etc.

I bought my tank for CR aquarium, custom built, 3 feet, 12mm thickness.

Default tank glass thickness in CR is at least 10 mm, 12 mm is better I think.

8mm is i think on the thin side, risky.

• SRC Member
I don't think so bro, anyway if you keep slamming the cover it will breal the thin plastic not the 8mm glass or at least it will happen when instantly.BTW I never slamming the cover anyway. The tank cracked when no one at home. I was not a pleasant experience with cleaning the mess, sadness of losing LS and suffering extra damage. I was so confident based on the 8mm glass that this tank will be a very save choice.... now really feel unsecure I always running to check my tank if I hear funny noise in my house :unsure:

What funny noise???

girlone.png