Crowded 2 feet tank.

darren

• SRC Member

Hi all, just a few pic of my little tank. decided to have my sump and tank placed side by side due to space constains.got someone to build the tank and sump based on my design. this 2 tank is below my 4 feet aro tank above. rust is starting to show on the wrought iron stand... :nuke: 6" of DSB with as much macro algae i can squeeze onto the top as possible. using eggcrates to stack my LR.

Tank is about 4 months old.

Water Para:

Ammonia 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 10

Kh 11

Ca 450

Temp 26 plus to 28 plus.

Equipment:

- 4 tubes of 36W PL for my main tank. (2* 10000k & 2* actinic)

- 2 tubes of 36W PL in my sump for refugium. (2* 6500k)

- Weipro skimmer 2013 powered by weipro 3000 pump.

- Weipro 4000 pump providing circulation.

- 4 small fans and a medium one blowing. (getting chiller 2nd hand from deepblue :thanks: very soon)

Livestock:

- a pair of golden maroon clowns

- flame angel

- algae blennie

- donkey dung cucumber

- scarlet skunk shrimp

- fire shrimp

- lots of snails(from maxima)

- yellow tang

- purple tang

- whitecheek tang :ph34r:

- Frogspawn(green with purple tip)

- Purple Hammer

- Big red and green Prata. (my tank's center piece)

- Reddish brown prata

- Torch coral

- Bubbles

- Green BTA(houses my clowns)

(ididn't realise my tank is THIS overstocked :fear: )

letting go of my yellow and purple tang soon. they like to gang up on my white cheek.

Would love to have some comments and advise from you guys. esp. on how to improve my tank.

Darren.

post-34-1069065969.jpg

compared to the tank I saw a few months back, you tank has beome much nicer....very nice prata, its doing very well :lol:

veri nice looking setup :lol:

• SRC Member

Acanthurus japonicus (Fowler 1946), the White-Faced Surgeonfish; also sold as a/the Gold-Rimmed or Powder-Brown Surgeon, confusing it with A. glaucopareius (nigricans) (see below). A. japonicus has a much larger white eye patch. Ranges from the Philippines to Japan and is relatively hardy.

post-34-1069067039.jpg

there has been many arguements for quite a while....but most established marine books like Dr Burguss states otherwise from wetwetmedia source you took from...if you go LFS..they will tell you otherwise as well....

maybe can get DA to help out...he is into tangs...

• SRC Member

Your lightings is sufficient based on what you have in your tank currently...mostly lps as I can see if you are talking about the corals...

However...if you going a bit of sps...then can consider mh...but yet again...why dun you wait till your Pl lights have outlived their purpose before considering other options... :rolleyes:

Moreover...there's a nano guru here who used only T5s and his tnk is the envy of many... :)

I would advise going agst MH unless you can handle the heat generated...a 2 ft tank is not so 'forgiving' when comes to heat....

some pple used oversized chiller fr their nanos when having Mh... :lol: