Crowded 2 feet tank.

darren

• SRC Member
Nice tank..and tangs.... :D

always envy others who can keep so many fishes in their tank! How you maintain the bioload? change water everyday??? :angel:

no its not possible to keep so many fishes in a small tank. thats why i'm letting go my yt and pt. no3 is showing signs of ballooning.

the tank and sump size is 2 by 1.5 by 1.5.

• SRC Member

well danano. lately i've noticed little marks on my bubbles which i suspect are nibbles by my flameangel. the shape of the marks fits the shape of the angel's mouth. no visual evidence yet though. but i can't think of any other explanation for the marks on my bubbles.

If you keep pratas and brains, try not to have flame angels. As reef safe as they are....they still cannot resist them when hungry... esp the red ones! ;)

there has been many arguements for quite a while....but most established marine books like Dr Burguss states otherwise from wetwetmedia source you took from...if you go LFS..they will tell you otherwise as well....

maybe can get DA to help out...he is into tangs...

Huh me into tangs, nah... not even, hate the way they pool. Luckily just got rid of my 2 pesky tangs....... Looking at anthias pool is so mucha nicer sight :lol::lol::lol:

Anyway here to answer your question, darrn yours is a powder brown tang, a acanthurus species that is much hardy compared to the powder black. Anyway as it is a powder species, it is still very prone to ich.

The pic that terryz post show the white cheek surgeon on the top while the bottom one is a powder brown. So that means darren, you bought the wrong fish laio :erm::erm:;);):lol::lol: white- cheek surgeon aka powder black is a very delicate fish that usually do not survive long. It is very prone to ich. not recommended to have them.

hmmm. cos i was contemplating adding a couple of clams into the tank :ph34r:

I have seen people successfully keep clam under PL although they must be place high up. The problem with pl is that they worn out very slowly and it is almost unnoticeable to ###### eyes but your livestock know it so when you finally found that the bulb has worm out, your live stock are already in deep trouble......

• SRC Member

Huh me into tangs, nah... not even, hate the way they pool. Luckily just got rid of my 2 pesky tangs....... Looking at anthias pool is so mucha nicer sight :lol::lol::lol:

Anyway here to answer your question, darrn yours is a powder brown tang, a acanthurus species that is much hardy compared to the powder black. Anyway as it is a powder species, it is still very prone to ich.

The pic that terryz post show the white cheek surgeon on the top while the bottom one is a powder brown. So that means darren, you bought the wrong fish laio :erm::erm:;);):lol::lol: white- cheek surgeon aka powder black is a very delicate fish that usually do not survive long. It is very prone to ich. not recommended to have them.

ppfff, i should have applied what they always like to teach in uni "always question the validity of the source you read from" :fear:

well i think for the clam issue, i won't know till i try with pl. will keep you guys updated when i do get 1.

Acanthurus japonicus (Fowler 1946), the White-Faced Surgeonfish; also sold as a/the Gold-Rimmed or Powder-Brown Surgeon, confusing it with A. glaucopareius (nigricans) (see below). A. japonicus has a much larger white eye patch. Ranges from the Philippines to Japan and is relatively hardy.

known also as "white cheek" for nigricans and "white face" for japonicas.....I too was confused in the begining.....hehehe :lol:

• SRC Member
If you keep pratas and brains, try not to have flame angels. As reef safe as they are....they still cannot resist them when hungry... esp the red ones! ;)

Dont keep Multi-band and Golden angel too.

Caught my taking bites off my hammer and plate.

• SRC Member

Bro Darren

Really very nice tank however kind of difficult to admire it when you place it so low. I think my tank really "small fry" when I seen yours!! Still learning and is having problem with the ammonia level and nitrate level.

I think I will consider to use another tank as a slump tank like yours. Very nice tank I must say.

Upgrading soon??hehe :yeah:

post-34-1069142340.jpg

• SRC Member
ever thought of converting your 4ft aro tank to a marine tank? :P

not possible. cos the glass is not thick enough. the way my aro likes to bang against the glass when its excited(sense food), i'm already very worried whether the glass will hold.