Clams

pacificbetta

• SRC Member

3" minimum. For mantle to look at too.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

You can see my clam here.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

thanks tanzy ... luv your clams ...and they come attached to the rocks .... hard to find now .... btw , heard is better to get one that has attched itself to rock ?? ... true ??? do you know where to get maximas ??? saw in HK but dunno can bring nack to SG ... ?? dunnno can survive the journey ??? :(

• SRC Member

The ones that come in rocks are more often than not crocea. They don't really need to come attached to rocks. I bought it because the clam looked good. If you buy a clam with rock, you will have to pay for the rock's air fare.

HK to Singapore is no problem at all. Get the LFS to triple bag it, put it in a foam box and carry it by hand luggage.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member
i reckon if they are packed and in small quantity :o

daryll,

better check with the authorities first.. u dun want to risk taking the trouble of bagging it and transporting the clam back, only to find it being confiscated by the customs. :(

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
think puppies need to be quarantine bro

my friend imported a golden retriever from australia.. was quarantined for 1 week or month i think.. before he went to collect it..

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

Having moonlighted as a "fish smuggler" in the past, here are my experiences:

1. The NS rules apply: you can do anything so long as you are not caught.

2. What happens if you are caught?

3. If the items (apply to fish only, birds and dogs dance to a different tune since they fly and crawl respectively) are not CITES protected, and the items are brought in "for personal consumption" and there are less than 25 specimens total in less than 1 litre of water, my understanding is that even if the customs stop you, AVA will close an eye. If you are still trying the same thing, better check with ava again, since this knowledge is dated 9 mths old.

4. If the items are CITES protected, and you are stopped, I believe you are in for big troubles. IMO, not worth the risk and incovenience.

5. Of course, if you are very good at talking, maybe you can convince the blur blur officer that this crocea is actually a very big and colourful mussel, and " I bought it for my wife to cook tonight, I like fresh seafood".

6. With the increased security checks these days, up to you to decide if the risks are worth it?

:P

• SRC Member

How will the custom officer at the airport know that you have a clam inside?

If it is in the hand luggage, they won't get a chance to scan or look inside it unless you declare (DUH!) or they spot check you (which is rare, never happen to me before).

Any one here has any idea if they x-ray checked-in luggage before they come on to the belt?

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member

HK custom doesn't care what you bring out of their country. It's the Singapore custom that you have to worry about. If it is in the hand luggage it shouldn't be a problem.

The only time your hand luggage gets scanned is at the embarkation airport, where they are looking only for sharp stuff or guns that you can hijack the plane with. I don't think you can hijack the plane with a water squirting clam.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member

Happened to me once, they set up a spot check xray counter right outside the walkway leading out of the plane. Every passenger had their luggage xrayed. On another occasion, not too long after 911, also got spot-checked, and asked, what is that big plastic bag doing in your luggage. Lucily only bs I bought from chatuchak.

• SRC Member
Happened to me once, they set up a spot check xray counter right outside the walkway leading out of the plane. Every passenger had their luggage xrayed. On another occasion, not too long after 911, also got spot-checked, and asked, what is that big plastic bag doing in your luggage. Lucily only bs I bought from chatuchak.

Do you look like a criminal? :lol:

post-36-1093875548.jpg