My simple and humble tank

Digiman

• SRC Member
:eyeblur: Can show ya new exotic GOBY ??? :eyebrow:

If u are refering to catalina... I din get any and neither will i be getting any. The fish is beautiful, but your success rate of a year, though long enough considered it's a nano fish, still does not make me prepared to get them. Because everyday then i'll be counting the number of days left for the poor fish.

• 5 weeks later...
Hey bro, Any updates on your joculator?

My big Joc was not feeding as well as your small one. It's eating mysis and angel's formula but only sparingly each time, and thus gets quite skinny now. Plus these few weeks v busy, cant afford to feed more times to pump up the fish. I guess big jocs can also be difficult to get it to eat prepared food. Is there any recipe out there tat can make pgymy angels get fatter? I only add selcon to the mysis btw.

My big Joc was not feeding as well as your small one. It's eating mysis and angel's formula but only sparingly each time, and thus gets quite skinny now. Plus these few weeks v busy, cant afford to feed more times to pump up the fish. I guess big jocs can also be difficult to get it to eat prepared food. Is there any recipe out there tat can make pgymy angels get fatter? I only add selcon to the mysis btw.

I think there is nothing much den adding vitamins to the frozen food.. Can try Henry's Formula? Might help, it even get boxfish feeding.. I think smaller one will have higher chance to get feeding but just that they need multiple feeding daily.. Mine is eating pellets now and is "king" of his 1 ft tank...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

:rolleyes: It's time for a PIC mate ! :eyebrow:

quote name='Terryz_' date='Jun 30 2009, 07:33 PM' post='818098']

I think there is nothing much den adding vitamins to the frozen food.. Can try Henry's Formula? Might help, it even get boxfish feeding.. I think smaller one will have higher chance to get feeding but just that they need multiple feeding daily.. Mine is eating pellets now and is "king" of his 1 ft tank...

• 3 months later...

I've a bad feeling something will happen to the tank during my trip this time, so got to post some pics in remembrance of the LS if touchwood something happen. After my return i'll be slowly (hopefully, because this tank as been dose w copper before, if anyone w experience of whether a coppered tank can house corals again pls share w me!) returning to corals and Lemon's LPS tank will be an inspiration.

Actually wanted to sell this pair together w the rhomboid, but they are lucky because they are so hard to catch and i ended keeping them....

post-10328-1256820479_thumb.jpg

Why no one show their conspics yet?? This is almost 6 inches and that's he's favourite resting spot. The conspic actually swim a lot and too much in the tank, i prefer serenity and this big fish has distorted that peace.

post-10328-1256820785_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer
I've a bad feeling something will happen to the tank during my trip this time, so got to post some pics in remembrance of the LS if touchwood something happen. After my return i'll be slowly (hopefully, because this tank as been dose w copper before, if anyone w experience of whether a coppered tank can house corals again pls share w me!) returning to corals and Lemon's LPS tank will be an inspiration.

Actually wanted to sell this pair together w the rhomboid, but they are lucky because they are so hard to catch and i ended keeping them....

i am flattered yet humbled by what you said, thanks man bro digiman :) nothing will go wrong. dun worry haha

• SRC Member
Finally the most inquisitive inhabitant of the tank, gem tang..

WHOA!!!!GEM tang :bow: 1st time i seen it

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

Hi Bro,

You can try Seachem's cuprisorb. It worked fine for me in absorbing residual copper.

Thanks, i'm using the pura poly filter and rowacarbon for sometime already. More worried abt copper leaching back into tank from LR and silicon.

• 10 months later...

Torture time again w my lousy camera. Next year i'll switch to a DSLR i swear!! In the meantime jux hav to bear w it.

After such a long while my tank is back to softies again. This time w even more cheap and beautiful softies (Well i know most of u are probably shouting out now: OMG the corals are UGLY!).

The tank look so empty but there are actually a lot of small "nonsense" fishes swimming around:

5x chromis lineata (I love them, but v fragile, hope all 5 survive)

5x banggai cardinal (my favourite currently, they school rather tightly)

2x bartlett (dun like them, fierce and fight a lot)

5x flavo anthias (two still hiding, too small for my liking)

1x hanae goby (growing on me, more and more bold during feeding)

3x Dispar anthias (if not for the alpha males at Ah Beng...)

2x Rolland damsel (Indo version i got at $1 each, but one of it went missing since day one)

post-10328-068418900 1284897051_thumb.jp

post-10328-052071200 1284897060_thumb.jp

post-10328-047341600 1284897071_thumb.jp

post-10328-031559300 1284897081_thumb.jp

Some decent (well i tried my best) shots i can get on the corals:

The blue carribbean seafan from LCK is surprisingly doing well w jux one or two times a day feed w expired cyclopeeze. My gorgonian does not open big, envy wilsontan's gorgonian so much!

post-10328-078890500 1284897436_thumb.jp

post-10328-096748400 1284897447_thumb.jp

post-10328-040171300 1284897459_thumb.jp

post-10328-037589100 1284897470_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

WHAT THE *****!!!

GORGEOUS TANK.

SERIOUSLY!!! LOOKS SO ZEN!!!!

ALL THE UGLY SOFTIES YOU BUY LOOK SO NICE SUDDENLY.

ok. after calming down, here's my opinions.

although the individual pieces of corals you buy are very questionable, they look very beautiful and natural in your tank. good job!

and i love the elevated scape and i think what gives it a very beautiful and zen look is the jet black background and absence of sand.

the seafans are very healthy. especially the blue one.

yes too many nonsence fish. totally not your type, but it adds life to your tank.

great job! looks so natural

WHAT THE *****!!!

GORGEOUS TANK.

SERIOUSLY!!! LOOKS SO ZEN!!!!

ALL THE UGLY SOFTIES YOU BUY LOOK SO NICE SUDDENLY.

Haha of all pple i least expect to hear good comments from u. I'm so surprise u find the tank nice?! Haha cos i always remember when i'm choosing those big brown softies at CF u are always behind me shaking your head and saying: "Ah yo why your taste of corals so....! Wat u like this piece?! It's so nonsense!"

I find w a sanded the tank will look better. But sandbed so mafan so forget it, so i can forget abt keeping feminus wrasse as well. The rockscape is almost identical to the structure of the rockscape when it's fish only before. I jux merely added few more rocks and fill it up w soft corals.

The "nonsense" fishes are all small, although i added so many they dun even seem like taking up much space in the tank. But the tank is definitely more vibrant w these little fishes interacting w each other and darting in and out of the rocks. I'm adding more "nonsense" fishes next week.

• Senior Reefer

Haha of all pple i least expect to hear good comments from u. I'm so surprise u find the tank nice?! Haha cos i always remember when i'm choosing those big brown softies at CF u are always behind me shaking your head and saying: "Ah yo why your taste of corals so....! Wat u like this piece?! It's so nonsense!"

I find w a sanded the tank will look better. But sandbed so mafan so forget it, so i can forget abt keeping feminus wrasse as well.

The "nonsense" fishes are all small, although i added so many they dun even seem like taking up much space in the tank. But the tank is definitely more vibrant w these little fishes interacting w each other and darting in and out of the rocks. I'm adding more "nonsense" fishes next week.

yes im also very surprised your tank turned out so colourful. the blue seafan and the green GSP is very nice.

ok i will support you in your search for questionable coral additions and will sound more enthusiastic next time.

nonsence fish? ok.

hooded wrasse, grochou lemonpeel, deepwater coral beauty can be your next few nonsence fishes.

hooded wrasse, grochou lemonpeel, deepwater coral beauty can be your next few nonsence fishes.

Ya i'l be adding the above mentioned "nonsense" fish plus a pair of clowns(which i haven decided wat clowns to get) and one helfichi and maybe one ventralis as well...

• Senior Reefer

Ya i'l be adding the above mentioned nonsense fish plus a pair of clowns(which i haven decided wat clowns to get) and one helfichi and maybe one ventralis as well...

with me around, we can TRY to look forward to flavicauda and sailfin anthias. ventralis will be so passe with those 2 new imports. don't forget the tuxedo damsel, the melanistic longnose butterflies, hybrid lemons and sooooo many more!

omg i'm getting all excited again.

with me around, we can TRY to look forward to flavicauda and sailfin anthias. ventralis will be so passe with those 2 new imports. don't forget the tuxedo damsel, the melanistic longnose butterflies, hybrid lemons and sooooo many more!

omg i'm getting all excited again.

Me too, i wan flavicauda and tuxedo damsel. Hope one day can get canary damsel and the rusty flame also. I cant imagine how beautiful my tank will be if can obtain and add all these "nonsense" fishes.