My simple and humble tank

Digiman

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member

The masudai died of a viral infection. Brought down to ML but the condition was so serious and the fish could not be saved. One of the most impressive fish i've kept, RIP.

On a brighter note, here's some new nano fishes i acquired recently:

1) Lubbockichthys multisquamatus (Thanks lemon for letting me have the fish)

2) Serranus chionaraia (This guy is small, only 1", a very rare size)

They are starting to stick together with my pseudoplesiops rosae. I call them the happy "three" friends:

The fish you have identified as Pseudoplesiops rosae is actually a species of Lubbockichthys - and quite possibly the same as your L. "multisquamatus" individual. I am still in the process of sorting out species in this genus, but many are difficult to identify without x-rays to examine skeletal characters. Real Pseudoplesiops rosae is a very different fish ... grows to around 3cm with large scales. There are photos of it here: http://research.kahaku.go.jp/zoology/Fishes_of_Andaman_Sea/contents/pseudochromidae/03.html

Thanks,

Tony

• Senior Reefer

The fish you have identified as Pseudoplesiops rosae is actually a species of Lubbockichthys - and quite possibly the same as your L. "multisquamatus" individual. I am still in the process of sorting out species in this genus, but many are difficult to identify without x-rays to examine skeletal characters. Real Pseudoplesiops rosae is a very different fish ... grows to around 3cm with large scales. There are photos of it here: http://research.kahaku.go.jp/zoology/Fishes_of_Andaman_Sea/contents/pseudochromidae/03.html

Thanks,

Tony

This is quite shocking to hear dr gill. Do you have a living picture of Rosae? For the last couple of years this group of dottybacks have been appearing on and off and are all rare. Not much is known so the mix up is not surprising.

On another note, if you don't mind, could you shed more light on Pseudochromis luteus from Japan?

post-15755-0-63799400-1391992309_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

I love this Sunrise Wrasse. Where did you get it from? Does it need a lot of space? Agressive?

I got it through Iwarna. It's the least aggressive hogfish i ever kept.

It does require much swimming space. Preferably 3 ft and beyond. Not a fish for nano tank.

Thanks,

Tony

Hi Dr Gill,

I called it rosae because of this fishbase pic by Dr Tanaka.

post-10328-0-91424400-1392904895_thumb.j

So if my fish is not a rosae, that means Dr Tanaka fishbase pic is not a rosae either?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...