A new beginning

wilsontantw

• Senior Reefer
haha... how abt a mix reef? after i bought the nano wavebox, i realised i also like something 'swaying'. i saw a piece of true octo, but too expensive man... 3 digits.

will still keep a lookout.

am going to collect my blasto on sunday. (red with purple mouth) hehe.

but true also lah, SPS does look like rock, unless you're into the hobby, you wun know how tough it is to keep SPS.

eh, do what i did... every time my baby cries, i bring him to the tank and he stops! See, that way, she cannot stop my marine hobby!

hehe.

if u like true octo, then u might wanna try some of the other euphyllia corals like what i did. i also like true octo, but very ex. frogspawn also quite ex. so i bought torch corals and hammer corals. anchor coral also. these all same family as octo and they sway very beautifully in the current. especially the torch. u can check my tank thread to see.

All corals here liao... tomorrow will be catch all live stock.

post-13920-1233941173.jpg

Wanted to hook up my chiller, but too tired liao... didn't have proper piping... anyway, weather is okie, temp reads: 27degrees, so i'll wait till tomorrow afternoon.

Also added a FR and nano wavebox into the tub... seems like this is one equipment that everyone should have... small yet powerful.

this tub is 4' in length and i can see small gentle wave motion... (i'm running at 14V currently, with the option of increasing to 24V).

Tomorrow i will be catching all my fish out first, then rescape.

Hopefully can complete by 6pm.

For those who has already reserve the fish, i can be quite sure that you can collect them at around 4pm.

Kindly be on standby around that time ok? I'll sms you the moment i catch them.

Must collect before 10pm at night k? else, i may (maybe only) consider selling to FCFS.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

if u like true octo, then u might wanna try some of the other euphyllia corals like what i did. i also like true octo, but very ex. frogspawn also quite ex. so i bought torch corals and hammer corals. anchor coral also. these all same family as octo and they sway very beautifully in the current. especially the torch. u can check my tank thread to see.

remember i almoooooost bought the torch before you at henry's? haha.

nah, he recently had 3 very nice pieces of true octo, really striking colours, worth every single penny... unfortunately, i'm penniless for this month liao. Bought a 5-head blasto instead. hehe. (if you had gone there on fri/sat) the piece that's 'reserved' is mine.

Oh, btw, the favia + galaxea are at the bottom LHS of my corals shot (in the blue tub).

Let me know if you want, come take it tomorrow evening k?

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member
FTS? you mean this??

post-13920-1233940722.jpg

haha... i just completed part 1 of my rescape plan...

Remove all corals from main tank and place in tub (thanks to bro flame-tail for the loan... he is currently enjoying life in Bali!!)

wow bro steady la. u remind me of my 4am water filling days... hardcore reefers we are! :upsidedown:

today work till what time? your wifey not angry meh...if u ask me, corals and females, they dont mix well :pinch:

Get Paid To Read Emails. Free To Join Now!

http://www.emailcashpro.com/?r=okdk11

wow bro steady la. u remind me of my 4am water filling days... hardcore reefers we are! :upsidedown:

today work till what time? your wifey not angry meh...if u ask me, corals and females, they dont mix well :pinch:

eh, bo liao... i just washed up, getting ready for baby's 2am feed. So took time off to post and read some emails.

Tomorrow morning gotta go bring baby for jab... After that come back for round 2! (clear rocks + catch fish).

Round 3: scape

Round 4: water in

Round 5: corals in

Round 6: fish in

Round 7: i kena kick out!

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• Senior Reefer

haha. no i din see any blastos? maybe u got them liao. remember to put a picture so i can see it! haha. i see the favia and the galaxea. wa dam tempting leh but my tank dun have any space. BTW, favia can put where? rock? sand? i only have one small little space right at the tippy top of my tank and im afraid it is too bright and will bleach both corals. =( i think u have to sell/give to others le. i really no space T_T but ur favia dam nice. and i like galaxea too. haiz....see la. buy 3 torch corals now my space no tank. zzz

i mean tank no space* lmao...space no tank.

i help you take care of one of the torch, you can have both favia and galaxy.

galaxy is on sandbed, need clearance space, coz it's tentacles are long (i've seen it extended to about 6" or more).

Favia, i put mine right up there but not directly under MH, it's at the top, but back of my tank.

you slowly think, i'm going to leave them in the tub for now.

cheers

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• Senior Reefer
i help you take care of one of the torch, you can have both favia and galaxy.

galaxy is on sandbed, need clearance space, coz it's tentacles are long (i've seen it extended to about 6" or more).

Favia, i put mine right up there but not directly under MH, it's at the top, but back of my tank.

you slowly think, i'm going to leave them in the tub for now.

cheers

ok thanks for the info. ur favia isit one big rock? or isit underneath hollow? like a shell? coz if its like a shell, i can fix it onto something on my rock. but if its one big piece, solid, like a stone, i dun think i have any space le. i can show u one FTS later in my tank thread u see, really no space T_T only one small space right at the top, but i scared will bleach coz its right at the surface.

• SRC Member
haha... how abt a mix reef? after i bought the nano wavebox, i realised i also like something 'swaying'. i saw a piece of true octo, but too expensive man... 3 digits.

will still keep a lookout.

am going to collect my blasto on sunday. (red with purple mouth) hehe.

but true also lah, SPS does look like rock, unless you're into the hobby, you wun know how tough it is to keep SPS.

eh, do what i did... every time my baby cries, i bring him to the tank and he stops! See, that way, she cannot stop my marine hobby!

hehe.

Huh? True Octo cost 3 digits now!!!??!!! Damn, I threw away a giant super healthy Octo and many more expensive SPS and LPS when my tank broke last year. Am I getting old and stupid?? :pinch:

ok thanks for the info. ur favia isit one big rock? or isit underneath hollow? like a shell? coz if its like a shell, i can fix it onto something on my rock. but if its one big piece, solid, like a stone, i dun think i have any space le. i can show u one FTS later in my tank thread u see, really no space T_T only one small space right at the top, but i scared will bleach coz its right at the surface.

it's not hollow, no worries lah, i'll pass it to someone else.

cheers

wilson

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Huh? True Octo cost 3 digits now!!!??!!! Damn, I threw away a giant super healthy Octo and many more expensive SPS and LPS when my tank broke last year. Am I getting old and stupid?? :pinch:

1) you look at your SRC member no. and then take a look at those registered in 2009. See the difference!

2) That True Octo is not 'branch' type, its 1 whole round piece with exceptional colours

3) You, should have just at least called me when ur tank broke. I sure chiong down and stop you from throwing all your jems down the rubbish chute!

Eh, i think equipment costs would have gone down, but livestocks prices gone up quite a fair bit liao.

friend, never come help me rescape my tank... eh, your place still got marine salt bo? i think maybe not enough ah... think tomorrow morning must go back to iwarna to buy the salt.

Or is anyone selling tropic marin salt? (Only tropic marin pls)

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

haha. ok u give someone else >.< sorry :)

true octo the not branchign one, very ex T.T but very beautful

haha... you saw that too huh...

i very tempted to buy... but my tank now is maciam start from scratch... im not sure if i should re-cycle my tank now...

Everything's cleared from the tank now.

The only consolation is that all fish are caught (except for my leopard wrasse, i stir up my sandbed, but still can't find it.)

PBT is collected by buyer.

Ruby Head Wrasse: still available

Black Clowns: reserved for adoption

Algae blenny: still available (hard working ah this chap) But he's fat and strong!

will try to post some pix later... now having major headache...

tomorrow must clear sump + start to scape and hope to get water in by 3pm.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Due to new ambitions and prolong problems with algae and overcrowding, i finally got down to rescaping the tank... lo and behold, it took more time and effort than i imagined! Started since Friday 8pm. And still WIP (work-in-progress)! I suspect it's going to take another week or month before i can complete.

Anyway, just a little memory on my tank before the Extreme Makeover! (Operation Date: 6 Feb 2009).

Fish:

1x cleaner wrasse

1x ruby head wrasse

1x leopard wrasse

1x flame angel

1x algae blenny

1x Yellow Tang

1x Purple Tang

1x Kole Tang

1x Powder Brown (sold after rescape)

2x Black Clowns

2x Cleaner Shrimps

3x spotted cardinals

See, overcrowding for a 2.5' x 2' x 2' tank! With the new setup, it should see fish halved (plan to keep < 5 fish), and corals (doubled!) hahaha...

FTS: as at 4 Feb 2009

post-13920-1234107080.jpg

RTS: as at 4 Feb 2009

post-13920-1234107095.jpg

I managed to catch all except cleaner shrimp + leopard wrasse... I couldn't find it anywhere! I really really hope it survives this rescape.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Here's the war zone! I had to beg my wife to put up with this over the weekend!

Besides, need to do it quickly, coz my boy's baptism is 2 Sundays away... better chop chop... else it's my head kena chop!

post-13920-1234107594.jpg

post-13920-1234107606.jpg

Remnants of the tank

post-13920-1234107637.jpg

post-13920-1234107625.jpg

Check out how 'muddy the water is'... Now i know why my PO4 is perpetually shooting thru the roof!

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Here're all my corals... as you can see, not alot.

No real gems... all normal stuff.

post-13920-1234108051.jpg

Since i found some 'frags' lying all over the tank, thought i should save 'them' and put them all on 1 rock (multi-colour mushies on 1 rock)

post-13920-1234108106.jpg

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

new toy to replace my CL650

Quiz Time: do you know why the model is 650???

Ans: Becoz it consumes 650W of electricity!!!

Fish Cooler on the other hand, only consumes 110W! (I've Saving Gaia!!!) hahah..

post-13920-1234108334.jpg

Anyone wants to buy the CL650?? (Oh, it does not come with thermostat, spoil liao... i bought an external thermostat, but need it for some personal project, so buyer gotta buy a thermostat before you can use it) - am selling dirty cheap (less than 3 digit - Pm to offer)

Also took the chance to make slight modifications to my scrubber.

post-13920-1234108183.jpg

Added egg crate to easy attachment of the scrubber.

post-13920-1234108196.jpg

CU of the attachment

post-13920-1234108212.jpg

Still dirty as ever

post-13920-1234108239.jpg

Makes it easier to do maintainance

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|